Tuesday, 8/28 MLB Discussion

Jays vs. Orioles

Under is 16-5-1 in the last 22 meetings in Baltimore

Under is 36-16-1 in the last 53 meetings

Pirates vs. Cardinals

Pirates are 15-36 in the last 51 meetings in St. Louis

Pirates are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings ... 1-4 in Novas last 5 starts vs. Cardinals

sorry paulsy

Rockies vs. Angels

Rockies are 0-5 in the last 5 meetings in Los Angeles

Rockies are 5-17 in the last 22 meetings

Since the All-Star break, Max Scherzer has a 1.03 ERA in innings 1-5, Nola 1.50

Nola also has a 1.25 ERA in 3 starts vs the Nats holding them to a .184 AVG while Scherzer has held Philly to a .156 AVG in 13.1 IP.

Tonight is the 12th time this season that Aaron Nola has started after a Philllies’ loss.

He is 7-0 ... 1.48 ERA in previous 11

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I think the Nats bats are more alive than they were last week when Nola beat them. Phillies bats just don't do it for me and are poor situationally which is so important when up against a guy like mad max. Maybe the Phillies win a close one, but -114 for mad max is a cheap price no matter the time or place.

Mariners vs. Padres

Mariners are 6-1 in Hernandezs last 7 road starts vs. Padres

Mariners are 7-3 in Hernandezs last 10 starts vs. Padres

Mariners are 5-1 in the last 6 meetings

Mariners are 19-9 in the last 28 meetings in San Diego

The Cardinals are 26-12 under Mike Shildt, the best record in the NL since firing Mike Matheny.

That includes an MLB-best 19-5 record in August ... tonight they go for their 2nd 20-win month in the last decade (20-7 in May 2013)

Urena off masterpiece but seems like anomaly and he kinda owns nats

Extended rest, worst

Johnson wins, but is he really any good? He is on best dest, prefers away but he is playable as long as not day

Last edited:
Lynns catchers a little confusing since he has mostly been pitching well but this one 6.59
Just unsure since when he came over he pitched solid

Increase in first half under since both with best catcher
Maybea sorting first half ml in Milwaukee

Will be looking into Pannone and the Jays. He limited the O's to 1 hit over 7 in his major league debut at home last week. The O's are throwing out Josh Rogers who also is making his major league debut. The O's acquired him from the Yanks in the Britton deal.

Do you think he can do it 2 in a row? Probably, right?

Urea reasonable catcher but on a 2 game sample high 6 ERA on 6+
This was not true last year

Do you think he can do it 2 in a row? Probably, right?

Always tough to tell when a team has seen him so recently. But that game was a joke, the O's weren't even close. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the O's hit him but I just liked the kids approach. No nonsense and just threw strikes, 108 pitches to boot.

sorry paulsy

Rockies vs. Angels

Rockies are 0-5 in the last 5 meetings in Los Angeles

Rockies are 5-17 in the last 22 meetings
Different team, different pitcher, different opposing pitchers, I’ll take my chances with this team tonight. :biggestfan:

Call it fair not top grade for sure and I wonder if they are suffering from Peds absense

Back