Tuesday, 8/28 MLB Discussion

peelpub94

More Guards Than Shawshank
Don't care about how well deGrom is pitching. Watched him last week vs a far inferior line up (SFG) and had a lot of trouble, (4BB, and had trouble finding his spots). I expect he figures things out to a degree but the Cubs get on base better than any other team in baseball. Doesn't smell good for deGrom. Bottom line, Cubs batting is better and the Mets are lost against lefties. Give me the Cubs and Hamels at -125 all day.

Neither pitcher has been with De Jesus who appears to be an under and road team guy. Not reading into that stuff too much here.

Will be looking into Pannone and the Jays. He limited the O's to 1 hit over 7 in his major league debut at home last week. The O's are throwing out Josh Rogers who also is making his major league debut. The O's acquired him from the Yanks in the Britton deal.

Don't care about how well deGrom is pitching. Watched him last week vs a far inferior line up (SFG) and had a lot of trouble, (4BB, and had trouble finding his spots). I expect he figures things out to a degree but the Cubs get on base better than any other team in baseball. Doesn't smell good for deGrom. Bottom line, Cubs batting is better and the Mets are lost against lefties. Give me the Cubs and Hamels at -125 all day.

Neither pitcher has been with De Jesus who appears to be an under and road team guy. Not reading into that stuff too much here.

Trying to decide if I'm going Cubs or over myself, BOL.

I got cubs too in that spot

stanek has pitched so well but rays so bad on roads..since 6/1 tb 30-11 at home(best in bigs) but only 12-23 on road(6th worse)
rays 19-9 after 3 or more losses

Road teams when the money line is +125 to -125(TB) with a starter WHIP 1.100 or better in -AL, playing on Tuesday
34-13 over the last 5 seasons 72.3% (20.8 units)

49285a5a-e269-4f80-8587-5a7a20ed620b.png

Wind blowing out again but I don't know if I can do an over here.

deGrom didn't look right last game, Cubs hitting the ball well, Cole coming off a complete game with his most pitches of the season... It's tough to play, especially because Cubs overs drive me crazy most of the time, but I think it's the right side.

Think both pitchers there stand to get tagged with that wind, lean over and Muttts tt over

Pannone 1-0, 1.59 ERA has shown that he could be a key part of the franchise's future. In his previous start against the Orioles, he threw 7 scoreless innings with just one hit in a 6-0 victory. He is looking to have the same success against the Orioles, who did not manage a hit against him until the 7th inning.
Pannone became the 5th player in MLB history to allow one hit or fewer and two walks or fewer in seven or more shutout innings in his first big league start

DeGrom is 2-2 with a 3.47 ERA in 6 career starts against the Cubs

Killersports has 2 trends up supporting Oakland

Stephen Oh

Pirates +1.5
White Sox +1.5
Oakland +1.5​

Tout post
Pirates plus 1.5
Nova usually plays very well off 6+
WS plus 1.5
Doubt it but Shields with this ump last 2 starts 1.93 ERA Yanks playing on 15-4 day after getting beaten at home
Not exactly crazy

I’m surprised that Freeland and the ROX are only -130. This is a complete bullpen day for the Angels. I’m going to play Freeland and also the over 8.5

Maybe I am a large Freeland fan but Freeland is playing off a 106 pitches and playing on 4 days rest on the road.
On 5 days a ERA of 1.76. on 4 days 3.49 ERA. I think you can promote because he is pitching off a Colorado loss but even so this is on the road

On the Rox as well. They've won more games on the road than home this year. Last night's game could've gotten a lot uglier early too if it weren't for some ridiculous defense by both Blackmon and Arendao.

Freeland is young, I’m betting he can pitch on 4 days rest and 106 pitches is not that high for him. Plus he’ll get plenty of rest in between innings as the Angels shuffle in all of their relievers. Every outing for Freeland is a possible gem. He’s been consistently the ROX best pitcher.

@Paulsy01 have you ever bet against the rockies?
Sure, when Gray was struggling I bet against him a lot, same with Anderson. I watch the games so I prefer to bet them to win and I rarely bet them as huge favorites at home, those games I play the total. I stopped betting for 5 years and only recently started back up and then it’s just to have a little something on the game I’m watching.

Also this year and last year the ROX have played very well and still don’t get any respect on the road, so got a lot of great lines. Our starters have been fantastic as well and still don’t get the attention they deserve. Been though the pen sucks, most expensive pen ever, they have also pitched the fewest games in the league because our starters have been throwing out QS after QS.

This is the ROX 25th year and they’ve never won the NL West. I’m hoping this year is the year! If we don’t make the playoffs this year, Arenado is gone. If we win the West, he stays. Lot riding on September.

This is the ROX 25th year and they’ve never won the NL West. I’m hoping this year is the year! If we don’t make the playoffs this year, Arenado is gone. If we win the West, he stays. Lot riding on September.

who was winning back when they had larry walker and the big cat and those guys?

ahh right right.

speaking of dbacks. do sale and scherzer have potential to be top 15 pitchers of all time?

@Paulsy01 my buddy and i are thinking maybe rockies tonight. freelands been good and angels are starting a reliever. angels bullpen should be gassed?

is all this accurate?

@Paulsy01 my buddy and i are thinking maybe rockies tonight. freelands been good and angels are starting a reliever. angels bullpen should be gassed?

is all this accurate?
Yup. And the Angels had a semi pen night last night too and the ROX clobbered them, unfortunately they also clobbered our pen, but they have no actual starter tonight, starting right out of the pen.

I have the Rockies ML in a parlay with the Dodgers ML and Giants under.

Anyone think that Giants.Dbacks game will be a pitchers duel?

I never know with games at SF, I think there are ump trends that point to slightly over with these two starters and he's an over ump, that park is obviously made for unders but Dbacks tend to put up numbers there at times. Then of course there was last night.

I never know with games at SF, I think there are ump trends that point to slightly over with these two starters and he's an over ump, that park is obviously made for unders but Dbacks tend to put up numbers there at times. Then of course there was last night.

Thanks. I almost never play Rockies or Giants or Dodgers games, but somehow tonight I have all three in the same bet. *Shrugs*

Along with under first half in Philadelphia look at under first half in Cubs. Degrom something like 19-3 under in the first half.

Scherer is 9-2 when starting against the Phillies with a 2.26 ERA and a WHIP of 0.947 ... His team's record is 13-3 in these starts

Since the All-Star break, Max Scherzer has a 1.03 ERA in innings 1-5, Nola 1.50

Nola also has a 1.25 ERA in 3 starts vs the Nats holding them to a .184 AVG while Scherzer has held Philly to a .156 AVG in 13.1 IP.

deGrom has a 1.44 ERA in innings 1-5 this season. He's allowed 2 or fewer ERs in 9 of his 12 road starts. He had 13 Ks and allowed 1 ER vs Cubs on June 2.

Cole Hamels has allowed 3 total ERs in 5 starts with the Cubs good enough for a 0.79 ERA

Boston is 1st in OPS this month and 19-6 in its last 25 home games ... Miami is 29th and is 2-12 in its last 14 road games.

Back