top 10 for 2008

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
post your early top 10 and short reasons why if you want to.

1. USC-will have playmakers galore on the offense again
2. OSU-if everyone comes back
3. Georgia-moreno and stafford
4. Oklahoma-Bradford, demarco murray...solid core
5. Texas- should bounce back...loaded with 5 stars
6. Mizzou- Daniel has to be back
7. Florida- the offense will be sick
8. WVU-White/devine/slaton if he stays
9. Alabama-gotta think they are going to be good next year..unsure though
10. Illinois-Juice, mendenhall, and benn (mcgee might take over for juice)

other teams I like...Michigan State, Penn State, Colorado, Kansas, Wake Forest, UNC, Michigan, Okie state

a lot of good teams next year..I already can't wait.

I haven't thought about this yet but 1 thing that will be fun to watch is out in SoCal.

Sanchez vs. Mustain

not sure on top 10...top 6 or so I can do..

1. Oklahoma
2. Georgia
3. tOSU
4. USC
5. Florida

tOSU/USC playing third week or so of season will shape the season pretty quickly.

LSU will lose ALOT but to omit them from the Top 10 and include Bammer is a bit funny.

Saban is a great recruiter and an excellent defensive coach but he is not a miracle man. 365 days from now we may be talking about Bama competing the following year.

i said i was unsure about bama....hard to do 10 like jump said...just 4 fun...no research.

If everyone comes back OSU will be preseason #1(if they win monday). If they lose and everyone comes back they will be 2 or 3... if not they will have the number 1 class coming in so they will be top 7

Where and when is OSU-USC next year, I think they start a home-and-home?

1. sc
2. osu
3. georgia
4. florida
5. okla

Any of these teams of 08 would easily handle the best team from 07.

1. sc
2. osu
3. georgia
4. florida
5. okla

Any of these teams of 08 would easily handle the best team from 07.

I agree..there are going to be some great teams next year...shit I wish we had a playoff.

I think its a crime that sportswriters across America are touting UGA as the top team in America.

why etg? Isn't UGA going to be stacked next year? I admit I don't know who is coming back and who isn't for a lot of these teams yet...

Yes they have 18 starters coming back, but I am talking about this yr. That win over Hawaii makes them looks a lot better than they are. I have read 3 articles talking about how they are top team of 2007 right now

Charles leaving Texas. Huge loss but we're loaded at RB and I expect McGee and others to pick up the slack.

I think Slaton is leaving WV. With Rich Rod gone, a huge fan of Slaton's, he, as they say, will take the money and run

slaton's yr was unproductive and unless he blows up tonight, he shouldn't go pro.

last 8 games, over 200yds only twice, that blows

there are questions about his durability as well

the SEC-East will be downright scary next yr with Fla and UGA
Tennessee is not going to pre-season top 10, but they bring back 16 starters and the whole offensive line back from one of the better O-Lines in the country. As long as the new QB steps up they should be much better than this year. Defense should be much, much better as long as Mayo comes back. What all is South Carolina bring back ETG?

Tennessee is not going to pre-season top 10, but they bring back 16 starters and the whole offensive line back from one of the better O-Lines in the country. As long as the new QB steps up they should be much better than this year. Defense should be much, much better as long as Mayo comes back. What all is South Carolina bring back ETG?

10 starters and bout 15+ players on defense that started at 1 point, Jasper Brinkley from knee surgery, 4 starters on OL, all wideouts. The biggest loss without a question is Cory Boyd who was the heart and soul of the offense. Blake Mitchell leaving makes me smile

That Tennesse OL is very good

My early top 10 for 2008 would go something like this...

1. Ohio St (of course pending the trio on defense)
2. Oklahoma
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. USC
6. Missouri
7. LSU
8. Virginia Tech
9. Kansas
10. Clemson

Those just missing out are: West Virginia, Texas Tech, Illinois, Texas, and Wisconsin. Will give reasonings at another time...

Yes they have 18 starters coming back, but I am talking about this yr. That win over Hawaii makes them looks a lot better than they are. I have read 3 articles talking about how they are top team of 2007 right now
UGA along with USC are two best this year IMO...at least at end of year...

all about growth...but USC and UGA would beat either OSU or LSU right now..no doubt in my mind..not blowouts..but would win

UF defense next year will be excellent..my Fav for next year...

next yar going back to normal tho..

Bucks and Sc will be an elimination game..should be awesome though...gonna be cool to see Trojans come to CBus and play in '09

Sanchez will be QB btw..Mustain may never see significant playing time again..curious transfer to say the least

Devine will be better than Slaton anyways..but they will miss Schmidt.
Slaton was a product...great product...but of a system...

may never really hear of him again..Devine meanwhile..especially if Pat syays(as he should...no pro prospects other than as a slash)...will be Heisman worthy next year

Back