RetroVK

This claim is disputed
week 1 0-0
week 2 0-0
week 3 9-4
week 4 6-5-1
week 5 12-8
Total 27-17-1

Another good week .. here we go ... and a little warning .. Texas never covers when I bet them.

Locked In
Georgia Southern -10 loser
Georgia Southern/Sbama over 45 Loser
Maryland/Rutgers over 53.5 win
Boston College/Louisville Over 61 win
Texas -11 push
Ohio -3 loss
Ohio/Buffalo over 54.5 loss
Air Force -2.5 loss
Marshall/MTSU Under 57 win
Colorado -3 loss
Tulsa 13 win
Liberty -6 win
Pitt 5 win
SDSU -7 win
Boise State -23.5 win
Boise State/UNLV over 56 loss
Washington -14 loss

Utah State/LSU under 73 win
Oklahoma/Kansas Under 67 win
iowa/Michigan Over 48 loss
USF/Uconn over 48 win
Central Michigan 6 win
Central Mich/Emu over 53.5 win
arkansas st/georgia st under 69 loss
florida/auburn under 48.5 win
Minnesota/illinois under 57.5 win
Memphis/ULM over 63 win
UTEP -1.5 loss

Last edited:
Maryland/Rutgers over 53.5
Boston College/Louisville Over 61
Texas -11
Ohio -3
Ohio/Buffalo over 54.5
Air Force -2.5
Marshall/MTSU Under 57
Colorado -3
Tulsa 13
Liberty -6 (oh no)
Pitt 5 (qb?)
SDSU -7
Boise State -23.5
Boise State/UNLV over 56
Washington -14

Thoughts on Rutgers/Maryland side?

Any new info on tate/taylor for arizona? It's a pretty big difference when those two are in...but even with them playing I think colorado wins this one.

Skill guys are all kinds of banged up Weeno ... Armani questionable as are half the RBs in the State of Nevada.

Bad news for UNLV is that the defense looks healthy.

Thoughts on Rutgers/Maryland side?

Any new info on tate/taylor for arizona? It's a pretty big difference when those two are in...but even with them playing I think colorado wins this one.

The side seems about right to me in terps rutgers.

For Zona, I think Taylor is more healthy than Tate and probably better than Tate. So that isn't good news.

Skill guys are all kinds of banged up Weeno ... Armani questionable as are half the RBs in the State of Nevada.

Bad news for UNLV is that the defense looks healthy.
Thx. Watched 2h other night with an under bet on their TT. It got scary late.

what does bold mean? bigger plays?

I love texas too, but it seems like they are begging for texas money. Texas is similar in skill level to Mizzou who wiped the floor with WVU

BOL VK, Terps over, Ohio, Boise & over, Texas, Missouri over, Tulane (small) are ones I'm looking at so far :cheers3:

BOL VK, Terps over, Ohio, Boise & over, Texas, Missouri over, Tulane (small) are ones I'm looking at so far :cheers3:

A bunch of totals creators I know all like that Missouri over. I have some concerns with Troy helping enough but I also made it a little bit higher than current. I likely throw something on it but doubtful a full unit.

I understand Tulane .. solid D line with an understanding of option principles and a better passing game with McM if the run isn't working for the wave. My power rating numbers could potentially be too slow to adjust but I don't find value with Tulane at current so I cannot get involved. On the other ones you like so obviously like those.

what does bold mean? bigger plays?

I love texas too, but it seems like they are begging for texas money. Texas is similar in skill level to Mizzou who wiped the floor with WVU

The blatant concern is having a road game with Oklahoma on deck but WVU is pretty awful right now despite the record. Texas will have to work hard to keep the Mountaineers in the game in my opinion. I would also say Texas is superior to Missouri with offensive talent, they just won't run as many plays as a Missouri will over the course of the game. Texas Alum got backdoored last week ....

Talk to me about Tulsa

Tulsa has been competitive in all games and I believe has outperformed their final scores. The problem they have been having is that they really want to run the ball but they have played against some really good run defenses so far this year, primarily MSU and Wyoming. They struggled defending the run against OSU but otherwise have been pretty effective. They are off the bye to prepare for SMU while SMU is off not one but two wins that are important to them. SMU is playing with confidence behind the arm of the Texas kid but they were outgained by TCU and Arkansas State were within a TD and a hundred yards of SMU. Their defense is average at best. So I think Tulsa can establish the run better here than they have in most of their other games and I think they can defend what SMU does better than most of SMU's opponents to date. The number is just too high. Even if SMU plays a really good game and Tulsa somehow comes out flat off a bye preparing for a 5-0 conference foe in their conference opener, then the backdoor should still be open at that number. We'll see .. jury still out on both clubs for me but I think this is worth a shot. Three weeks ago, this certainly would be a quite different line.

VK: Know you are busy so if no reply its no big deal. Any thoughts about Utah State +28 at LSU

I'm thinking that its an 11:00 a.m. game and Tigers have Florida coming up. LSU will get it done, of course, but maybe after early foot to floor they slow game down, foot off gas, rest starters and backdoor wide open?

VK: Know you are busy so if no reply its no big deal. Any thoughts about Utah State +28 at LSU

I'm thinking that its an 11:00 a.m. game and Tigers have Florida coming up. LSU will get it done, of course, but maybe after early foot to floor they slow game down, foot off gas, rest starters and backdoor wide open?
If you are willing to throw last weeks horrific performance against csu in the rain out the window it can make sense. However, the early start also effects the team traveling west to east and i am traditionally not a huge fan of
1. Expecting a lookahead or low energy off a bye
2. Fading huge moves

But my numbers came out lower and utah state is a quality club that I would expect effort from for a full 60. Just gonna be badly out-athleted.

I cannot unsee the game i just watched against csu so i have a recency bias. I could see your scenario of lsu laying off mid third qtr on and finding a backdoor or utah state perhaps played bad last week due to looking ahead themselves and playing better here ....4 TDs to a decent team is a lot.

I am still getting used to lsu games being totaled in the seventies.

Shorter thought is that I could only play it your way but i wont be

If you are willing to throw last weeks horrific performance against csu in the rain out the window it can make sense. However, the early start also effects the team traveling west to east and i am traditionally not a huge fan of
1. Expecting a lookahead or low energy off a bye
2. Fading huge moves

But my numbers came out lower and utah state is a quality club that I would expect effort from for a full 60. Just gonna be badly out-athleted.

I cannot unsee the game i just watched against csu so i have a recency bias. I could see your scenario of lsu laying off mid third qtr on and finding a backdoor or utah state perhaps played bad last week due to looking ahead themselves and playing better here ....4 TDs to a decent team is a lot.

I am still getting used to lsu games being totaled in the seventies.

Shorter thought is that I could only play it your way but i wont be
Can't argue any of that. I am going to play 1/4 unit for fun...I just have a hunch.

What do you mean?

If you want to know if you are handicapping well, watch how the line moves after you have made your lines. If it moves toward your number, you are doing good work but if it moves away from your number, you probably are not. I usually get that right but I have some ugly moves against what i have invested in already. It means that I am way more likely to have a bad week this week than most other weeks.

Those guys still moving.....wish CKR was here....I don’t if he really knew but he sure as shit had me tripping on days

That’s not Billy......that’s the Pokers....buyback

CTG Golden Age

If you want to know if you are handicapping well, watch how the line moves after you have made your lines. If it moves toward your number, you are doing good work but if it moves away from your number, you probably are not. I usually get that right but I have some ugly moves against what i have invested in already. It means that I am way more likely to have a bad week this week than most other weeks.
You always have Debbie

Good thoughts on Tulsa.

SMU deserves credit for beating TCU. The rest of their schedule isn't much to write home about, beating North Texas the way they did was good. But Tulsa has been tested and challenged vs some good Power 5 teams, plus a solid Wyo D...so it isn't like Tulsa is going to be taking a huge step up here. Tulsa has a decent D, Tulsa would be the second best team SMU will have faced I'd say. SMU did blast USF, because USF sucks, so that line was off after seeing the 27 pt win, but they were only -7/8 at USF...flip that to a home game and that line would've been 13/14-ish - so USF and Tulsa are equal? No way they are. Like you said, this line is high. People probably riding SMU train and line is up a few points because of it.

TCU's Fr QB struggled vs SMU (as he did the week prior at Purdue). USF is just struggling period. Tulsa has a competent QB and a good overall team. NTex and TCU each ran for over 5 ypc on SMU.

It should be a tough game for Ponies even though they are playing really well right now.

Adds

Utah State/LSU under 73
Oklahoma/Kansas Under 67
iowa/Michigan Over 48
USF/Uconn over 48
Central Michigan 6
Central Mich/Emu over 53.5
arkansas st/georgia st under 69
florida/auburn under 48.5
Minnesota/illinois under 57.5
Memphis/ULM over 63
UTEP -1.5

Locksley was on the "struggle bus" too long before switching to Jones. Man, that UTSA drive to open the 2nd H was something else.

The boise cover made me happier than any win in recent memory. I cannot think of one I enjoyed more off the top of my head

16-9 on the day and 16-11 for the week since we started saturday with our normal weekday hole

Just loved the boise ending ... made my whole week

Back