time to post my bowl card so far

Sort of have no advice on that game, canes .. liked how msu matched up before to keep Stanford from scoring thus making it a conservative 1 possession called game but that is a huge suspension that confuses me .... I am stuck with an msu investment but I don't recommend it and can't endorse anything else ...

ADD

Missouri/okie lite under 61 --- I soured on the over ( 60 ) and I am getting off of it with at least a tiny chance at not eating the juice and siding the thing.

Any opinion on the side in the cotton bowl? I follow Okie lite pretty closely, and I can't see them staying in this game. They are not Auburn.

Ya I took Missouri early at what is now an awful number. Just think Missouri has the edge at most spots on the field except head coach.

add smallest play of bowl season

Kept going back and forth as to whether or not to take Alabama or the ousucks team total under. Going the less juice route .... sorry bama fan as I never get a bama game right ....

Alabama -16.5

Last edited:
Great day to start new year, Kyle. bravo!

thanks to you, I am comfortably ahead for bowl season and except for already bet made on Mizzou, am folding my tent and pocketing profits. Will likely play ML bet on N D St, and wait until late summer b4 making any more plays.

Thanks for all your efforts. :cheers::cigarguy::clapping:

Happy New Year VK. Lean Tide tonight too, and had the same thoughts on the OU TT under.

Agree they can't make the total high enough in the Orang Bowl. Finish strong. GL

add smallest play of bowl season

Kept going back and forth as to whether or not to take Alabama or the ousucks team total under. Going the less juice route .... sorry bama fan as I never get a bama game right ....

Alabama -16.5
I am 0-2 with you on board on Bama lol....Happy New Year VK and GL the rest of the way. Maybe I didn't read it in the thread somewhere but was curious why you got off the Mo. total over?

My math or memory might be wrong but I think there was 41 points scored in the 4th qtr of the cotton bowl. Heading into that quarter, the over ( and my team total over ) looked like a dead duck. The side I felt was a good play and could go on and on about how bad I thought pinkel did with his play calling and how Franklin had a QBR of around 26 ..... yet they still should have been comfortably ahead instead of in a dog fight. Was happy to see Josey get 3 td in the bowl game as he is a kid I cheer for.

My mistakes so far:
Michigan : Line just got out of hand and I took a swing with them. Thought the defense matched up much better than they ended up doing and they got smoked by more than final score indicated. I have bad history betting against ksu and probably just continue to under rate them. Misread some motivational angles as well concerning ksu recent bowl history. Anyway, thought Michigan could win there and was just way off.

Bama : Hard to miss a game this badly. I had OU scoring 7-14 pts and considered taking the sooners team total under. They scored 45 and none of it was flukey. They just dominated. I have bad history betting against or on Alabama. I could have understood a flat bama not caring and getting beat but I didn't see that at all ... they seemed interested, just outplayed. Had you told me the final score before the game started, I would have called you an idiot .... instead , I was. In my defense, it was my smallest bet of bowl season

sdsu/buffalo under : Basically just completely over rated buffalo on the defensive side of the ball. Not much to add

boston college : I guess I have to consider this a bad miss because zona dominated tail end of the 2nd half through the remainder of the game. I will say that it was one of those games where a single play really effected the outcome. BC was down 7-6 and on the zona side of midfield late 2h when rettig decided to throw a pick six and it just took all the heart out of boston college. I also under estimated how tired and banged up Williams was...

navy/mtsu over : Just way off on mtsu inability to throw.

GTECH -- ya they only lost by 8 and I was getting pts but I thought Lee was a better player than he actually is. ole miss deserved to win by 17 or so as they dominated the Jackets. Incidentally, Lee is transferring out of GTECH.

With this many bowl bets ( high thirties if you eliminate the two way bets : rose and cotton totals ), I feel good about incorrectly capping this few . Some others maybe slightly wrong but only these I consider mistakes.

Leaning ball state in my one remaining undetermined bowl.

Last edited:
Is auburn appearing in the national championship the biggest Cinderella story in college football the last 20 years?

Week 1: Thoroughly outplayed by Washington State who throws a late interception in the endzone and Auburn survives despite being outained by 70 yards and wsu getting 12 more first downs.

Week 2:Outgain Ark st by 46 yards but are out first downed by the sun belt team. Auburn deserved to win but it wasn't a huge mismatch.

Week 3: Auburn scores a td with 10 seconds left to win by 4 against miss st

Week 4:Their loss to lsu

Week 5: western Carolina

Week 6: Score a td with under 2 minutes to go to defeat tamu

Week 7: crush fau

Week 8: Arkansas hands them the game with turnovers after the Arkansas Starting QB gets hurt.

Week 9: Beat Vols handily

Week 10: 73 yard hail mary on 4th and 18 takes an improbable bounce and goes for a td to beat Georgia

Week 11: Get dominated by Alabama but the coach widely considered as the best in cfb hands Auburn extra chances and they return a missed fg for a td to win the game,

This team could conceivably be 6-7 and should probably be a 7-6 club. This is as close as we have gotten in college football to having an ncstate or villanova champion from college basketball.

Auburn didn't start to look like Auburn until Week 9 though. Unlike most spread teams who peak in October and fade as the season wears on (see Baylor and Oregon) this group is just now playing their best.

Nice analysis of 'mistakes' , VK . I thought you did a great job overall. Only play I didn't like going in was BC, and I'm just down the block from them and you are almost 3k miles away.

I played both side and total just a couple of times and wound up splitting. If you posted total first - like Michigan - I played that and not the side. I wound up something like 23-11.

GL today and tomorrow. And always, for that matter.
Might see you in other forums on here - I'm tennis and bases for quite a while now - or I'll look forward to meeting up with you at the end of the summer.

Is auburn appearing in the national championship the biggest Cinderella story in college football the last 20 years?

Week 1: Thoroughly outplayed by Washington State who throws a late interception in the endzone and Auburn survives despite being outained by 70 yards and wsu getting 12 more first downs.

Week 2:Outgain Ark st by 46 yards but are out first downed by the sun belt team. Auburn deserved to win but it wasn't a huge mismatch.

Week 3: Auburn scores a td with 10 seconds left to win by 4 against miss st

Week 4:Their loss to lsu

Week 5: western Carolina

Week 6: Score a td with under 2 minutes to go to defeat tamu

Week 7: crush fau

Week 8: Arkansas hands them the game with turnovers after the Arkansas Starting QB gets hurt.

Week 9: Beat Vols handily

Week 10: 73 yard hail mary on 4th and 18 takes an improbable bounce and goes for a td to beat Georgia

Week 11: Get dominated by Alabama but the coach widely considered as the best in cfb hands Auburn extra chances and they return a missed fg for a td to win the game,

This team could conceivably be 6-7 and should probably be a 7-6 club. This is as close as we have gotten in college football to having an ncstate or villanova champion from college basketball.

You left out a couple games (Ole Miss and Mizzou), and 6-7 seems a bit harsh, but Auburn should probably be 9-3 or so. And, to be fair, we should probably discount the early games because of the coaching change. However, Auburn's defense is poor, much worse than the UF and Clemson defenses that Florida State dominated.

Ya not sure why I forgot to put those two teams on the list .. could have sworn I typed it out but it is numbered like I just skipped the ole miss game from the get go. Easily could have lost that game incidentally.

Tend to agree that this Auburn team is different than the week 1 version, Gar but they should have lost that Washington State game. Team has gotten extremely lucky

Bull .. look forward to actually meeting you ... sort of feel like I know you after a few years exchanging thoughts ... but would be nice to put a face to it ...

And they got beat by Georgia and Bama after week 9 though gar ... well except for the fact they didn't

You're talking to a guy who had WSU in that game, and I think maybe you did as well (?) but we both know Mike Leach and Co wouldn't even recognize that team if they met again.

This is the first title game in a while where I haven't had a definitive opinion. The last two I felt good about the unders (1-1), liked Oregon and Bama prior to that (1-1). I'm a title game coinflipper, I just don't know which coin to flip this time.

Back