Thursday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Hi fellas. Been a very interesting three weeks.

My sister had her first child and made me an uncle about 18 days ago (Niffel Sunday Week 3).

I went to a wedding involving my ex-girlfriend and the guy who got me hired at my current gig the following Saturday.

Then, a week ago today, I find out one of my best buddies from southern Indiana died in the hospital after his heart failed him.

So I've gone through the gamut of a birth, a marriage and a death all in the last two weeks or so.

Still been betting, but no time to post lately with the travel back and forth from the beach and then the States.

I was thinking this was going to be a big bet on UAB tonight until I readjusted my ratings. Even at 16, I am still going to bite and take 18 at even money for a decent bet.

Quarterback Joe Webb can make enough things happen to keep the Blazers in control of the scoreboard and the clock. Webb averages almost 300 yards of total offense and is a potent rushing threat - he ranks second behind U-La-La's Deseormeaux in rushing yards for a QB .... turnovers are the main threat for the Blazers, as in trying to make some plays, often times Webb doesn't value the ball, which has led to costly fumbles and interceptions...

Ball security has been an issue this season for the Cougars as well, even during the victory at East Carolina.

While the Cougars should get somewhere between 35 and 40 points, I don't think it's asking too much for U-ab to get to about 30. Houston is playing their first of only three games this month, with a trip to SMU on the horizon after an 11-day layoff. Perhaps the bye came at a bad time?

I see the Cougars struggling early on offense before revving it up late.

Prediction: Houston 38, U-ab 26
The play: U-ab plus 18 for a medium bet.

GL....

Gun to my head I like Wake and OVER in the other game.

:cheers:

You have been missed, old buddy, and welcome back.
Thanks especially for the explanation. It's been a real emotional roller coaster for you, and I'm pleased to see you have come through it OK.
Now let's hit some winnahs and build up a little kitty for the Breeders Cup.'an_horse'

Good to see you back Uncle Rex and congrats on the additon to the family.Sorry about your friend, that is really sad. Wishing you the BOL on the week.

Good Luck CKR .

Tend to agree about the slow start off the bye and books seem to be content not shading either Hosuton 1st H or over very much which means the opposite probably are solid plays . On the Over 66 Houston but hoping I can add at halftime . Lean UAB as well said the samething really anything above 17 is a tad much

240 yds of offense in the 1st Quarter and 3 points . Glad I played 1st Q under and +4 but wish I did the same for the half and need some help to get to 70 pts for the over ! lol.....

240 yds of offense in the 1st Quarter and 3 points . Glad I played 1st Q under and +4 but wish I did the same for the half and need some help to get to 70 pts for the over ! lol.....

Nut,
Is the total you played 70? If so, what book? Thanks.

after watching a half of this game on tape, have no idea how UAB didn't cash...GL the rest of the weekend rex...

Back