Thursday Discussion Thread

Twins are dogs? I need to find out why maeda got pushed back and what we can expect from him but there no world where Boston should be favored over twins imo. I think twins are better in every facet of the game.

Well damn, looks like they finally finding some respect for the pirates, favs 2 days in a row. That’s unfortunate, need to have them playing teams with a better perception so we can get plus money. I don’t think I’m ready to lay -140s w them? I do like Roansy, who knows what luke weaver will look like? He has never lived up to his potential, maybe it as simple as looking at his splits vs lefties.

Cubs favored over lad? Man books being little more aggressive making adjustments than years past! I remember the 1st year twins became a playoff contender we were still getting them as dogs into late June!

My guy Senga takes his ghost forkball to the San Fransisco bay! Can the giants lefties lay off of it? From what I have seen from Senga it really comes down to his 4 seam fastball command. When he can locate that upper 90s offering I don’t think guys gonna have much chance, he becomes more hittable if he not getting strikes w the 4 seam, guys laying off the forkball, then he typically goes to the cutter to throw strikes and that seems to me the pitch guys can really do damage to if they force him to come over the plate with it. I can def see a world where giants do some damage if they can make him use the cutter over the plate, if he locating the heater and getting ahead then these guys will be flailing at the forkball as it looks very much like the heater before it drops off the table!! I’ll be really curious where they put his k prop? They have been hesitant to raise the number too much, after getting the 4.5 gift on opening day, since then he been 5.5 in his 2nd start vs fish again (fanned 6), then 5.5 again when he pitched at Oakland (he struggled with control but still fanned 7 in 4.2 innings!).. i gotta think despite him cashing all 3 starts they stick with 5.5 seeing how he stepping up in glass a bit from the other lineups he has faced. On his bad days he still gonna punch guys out imo, I think they be making a mistake to leave him at 5.5, imo he a guy who should be 6.5 agaibst pretty much any team so we just have to see what they do, here’s hoping they make a mistake?

Max scherzer acting all innocent, I tend to believe the umps when they say “that the stickiest hand they seen in 3 years” (they must not have any teenage boys at home, im
scared to shake my nephews hand!), cmon max, it probably wasn’t anything illegal but you figured out a way to get the rosin super sticky and you knew damn well what you were doing! You getting old and the stuff ain’t quite the same, no better way to rev the rpm’s up on spin of ball than sticky fingers!

Damn, I thought Sandoval slow start woulda got us a better number on him, based off his results this year his k number probably should only be 3.5 or 4.5 w minimal juice. They did a good job having the guts to set his number at 5.5. Nothing we can really do with that, I believe he the same k per 9 or slightly higher pitcher he has been in his career so he likely to have sone better strike out games coming. This a good one for that, Yankees have struggled vs lhp thus far, he had a fantastic 7 inning outing with 6 k’s vs them last year but that was in la. It’s a bit tougher to project him going 6 in this bandbox, he does get ground balls at a very nice clip along with a solid enough swing and miss. It not out the question he could go 6 innings here but that would be him at his best, if he does complete 6 innings then plus money on 5.5 k’s a decent bet as I believe he would fan 6+ a good 75% the time. Where the number gets tricky is how likely is he to have a good enough start to get thru 6? Yankees offense isn’t exactly clicking right now, I’d say he has a decent chance of going 6 and there is always the possibility he fans 6 a lot sooner than 6 innings as he did against Boston last time out, yanks can be some free swingers.

I do think there might be a bigger edge playing his out total, 16.5 outs means we cash if he goes 5.2 innings. He been a slightly better pitcher in day games, he has never pitched in the bronx but his style should play well here as he keeps the ball out the air, if you eliminate his 1st couple starts last year (as I do for every pitcher cause of the shortened spring) he was able to go 5.2 or longer in 52% his starts (counting the 7 inning gem vs Yankees). With -125 juice no real edge on surface but I do think he matches up well with a lineup struggling vs lhp right now and w his ability to keep the ball on the ground. Of course the question then becomes if we like Sandoval to have a strong outing would playing the halo’s Ff make more sense at plus money? I have a terrible time figuring cortes out, he been his best in day games and he totally dominated laa for 7 innings last year/. 1st 5 under might be the play here.

Well damn, looks like they finally finding some respect for the pirates, favs 2 days in a row. That’s unfortunate, need to have them playing teams with a better perception so we can get plus money. I don’t think I’m ready to lay -140s w them? I do like Roansy, who knows what luke weaver will look like? He has never lived up to his potential, maybe it as simple as looking at his splits vs lefties.

Cubs favored over lad? Man books being little more aggressive making adjustments than years past! I remember the 1st year twins became a playoff contender we were still getting them as dogs into late June!
Agree on Pirates..already up to -161…so much juice

FfAgree on Pirates..already up to -161…so much juice

Yea. I think Contreras being good is pretty likely, weaver has consistently been hit by left handed bats, he gonna see a bunch of those here. I don’t near where he been lately? Maybe he was fixing the flaws? Injured? No idea, I just know he has never lived up to his potential. I can’t stomach laying all this juice on pirates but the the right side, we could play the Ff -.5?

2 team parlay +185

Pirates Ff -.5
Senga ov 5.5 k’s

Twins ml
Laa/nyy Ff un 4.5.

Think that bout my total Mlb card today. Gl everyone

Everything I liked about tallion at dodger stadium his last start goes flying out the window tonight at wrigley (literally!!) with a very strong wind blowing out. In general a guy of his caliber who shut a team down then has to face the same team in his next start is a fade for me. You then add in the fact the 1st game was played in a park that plays very fair for a fly ball pitcher and this start being played at wrigley with ovsr 20moh winds blowing out and we have a recipe for a ugly outing! The only reason I havnt jumped on this already is because it looks like potential for rain all during the game. I hate being involved in rain games! That really sucks cause this s fantastic spot to play dodgers to win as dogs or their team total over! Is anyone in Chicago around? @Ryno14 maybe? I’d love to get weather report from a local!

Everything I liked about tallion at dodger stadium his last start goes flying out the window tonight at wrigley (literally!!) with a very strong wind blowing out. In general a guy of his caliber who shut a team down then has to face the same team in his next start is a fade for me. You then add in the fact the 1st game was played in a park that plays very fair for a fly ball pitcher and this start being played at wrigley with ovsr 20moh winds blowing out and we have a recipe for a ugly outing! The only reason I havnt jumped on this already is because it looks like potential for rain all during the game. I hate being involved in rain games! That really sucks cause this s fantastic spot to play dodgers to win as dogs or their team total over! Is anyone in Chicago around? @Ryno14 maybe? I’d love to get weather report from a local!
Thing w/Chicago is no one will probably know if it's going to rain or stop until it actually starts raining or stops

Rare situation I wouldn't much let the rain game thing scare me if winds are going to be blowing like that regardless

Thing w/Chicago is no one will probably know if it's going to rain or stop until it actually starts raining or stops

Rare situation I wouldn't much let the rain game thing scare me if winds are going to be blowing like that regardless

Seems like a fantastic spot to play dodgers as dogs, after cleaning up w cubs as dogs in la! Lol. Or dodgers team total over cause I don’t really like their starter or pen either.

Looking at radar it doesn’t look like rain be a concern in Chicago but it looks the same here and I know we getting a round of storms this afternoon/evening. Guess it gonna be the variety that pop up out of nowhere when the cold front comes thru and pushes the warm humid air out! Those are tough to predict.

Reactions: KJ
And that explains the Twins line, Maeda out after two innings and 1 hit given up. Not even sure why they started him if he was that injured...not that I know what's wrong with him but someone clearly knew something

And that explains the Twins line, Maeda out after two innings and 1 hit given up. Not even sure why they started him if he was that injured...not that I know what's wrong with him but someone clearly knew something

I was worried bout that. Only reason I didn’t play his k prop. I figure they had to have a plan for this but the plan not working. The offense a bigger problem, hauck is mowing them down very efficiently. My thinking was just keep it close, get sox starter out after 5 and make it a pen game. Still lot of time, the lineup has to be better vs houck the 2nd time around.

I’m still there for work quite a bit but I actually moved back to Knoxville last summer

Jfc. You would have thought twins had a plan and a guy ready to piggy back Meada considering the dead arm issues. They woulda been better off letting Meada pitch with the dead arm! His career is dangerously close to being over. Year and a half removed from TJ his arm should be in bout best shape it gonna be, doesn’t appear the TJ took. They might have to be in market for another starter, although the kid who made a spot start at NY on Friday pitched really well, woulda liked to see him piggy back Meada here if this happened. Appears their plan was wishful thinking then scrambling when he had to leave! Lol. My mistake thinking it would be better than that!

Jfc. You would have thought twins had a plan and a guy ready to piggy back Meada considering the dead arm issues. They woulda been better off letting Meada pitch with the dead arm! His career is dangerously close to being over. Year and a half removed from TJ his arm should be in bout best shape it gonna be, doesn’t appear the TJ took. They might have to be in market for another starter, although the kid who made a spot start at NY on Friday pitched really well, woulda liked to see him piggy back Meada here if this happened. Appears their plan was wishful thinking then scrambling when he had to leave! Lol. My mistake thinking it would be better than that!
Darn Minnesota……had under in the game for 3 units….smh…..

Darn Minnesota……had under in the game for 3 units….smh…..

I was concerned about maeda dead arm, i just tonight they woulda been prepared for that. He was doing better dead arm and all than the scrub they brought in. Why not piggy back him w Varland who was very good making a spot start last Friday while they were giving maeda extra time? Makes no sense to me but is what it is. Their pen so good I thought they could keep it close till they got into Boston pen. Oh well, now I can have more confidence in my night plays! Lol

Maeda got drilled in leg - why he was pulled

Oh, thanks, I assumed it was same dead arm, that is good for them! I still think they should have been prepared in case the dead arm was still a issue but this makes more sense, so it was just dumb luck more than a bad bet! Appreciate you straightening it out for us.

Fucking cubs changed starters on me, I was all set to take dodgers Ff tt ov 2.5 vs tallion and his high fly ball rate but now they starting someone I have no clue about! Wtf

Are they starting this reliever thinking there could be a rain delay? Kinda looks that way to me, saving tallion till after the delay or for another have? Smart it that what they doing, tallion was liable to give up 2-3 bombs in a hurry.

Instead they going w a multi inning reliever that keeps the ball on the ground. This some smart managing but it totally fucks up what was gonna be a money bet. Watch out for cubs they smart!

Are they starting this reliever thinking there could be a rain delay? Kinda looks that way to me, saving tallion till after the delay or for another have? Smart it that what they doing, tallion was liable to give up 2-3 bombs in a hurry.
Taillon hit the IL

Back