Thursday 12/18/14 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 954"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - THU 12/18[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 12/18[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]New York Knicks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+12.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-12.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 12/18[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]New Orleans Pelicans[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+4.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.660[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 202 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-4.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.540[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 202 1.917[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 12/18[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Milwaukee Bucks [/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+6 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 3.100[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 204 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-6 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.425[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 204 1.917[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 12/18[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]507[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Oklahoma City Thunder[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+2.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.219[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 211 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]508[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-2.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.740[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 211 1.925[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Thinking that as well. Thunder are a team on a mission right now. Reminds of Memphis last year, when they got Gasol back and wouldn't look back...

Is it possible for a 21-3 team to be underrated? Guess so. I think the Warriors are playing better ball, coming off a loss where they were in an extremely tough spot and still played a very solid game. Not taking anything away from OKC as Durant's return has them looking much better, but I think this is a huge game for GS to see how they really stack up against the Thunder. Tough to take anything away from the first meeting between these two, everyone was out and the shooting was abysmal. I can't see why anyone in their right mind would play the under in this game. Have to think the pace is frenetic to start the game, way too many good shooters on the court that will get looks. Definite play on the over, leaning Warriors tt over and warriors ml. Really don't want to lay pts as it could easily be a 1/2 bucket game down the stretch, but in the end I think the Warriors get it done at home.

NO with one solid road win and 3 others vs. Lakers, Jazz, Kings. Houston not in a good spot coming off high altitude ot win, but I think they probably get it done.

ML Rockets/Kings/Warriors+270 looks nice.

Playing Pelicans tt u99. Line is very telling to me... they have sailed over that number in 8 of their last 9 games and avg 103.3 ppg. However, the Rockets are light years ahead defensively and should be able to hold NO under the century mark

Cousins is expected back tonight for SAC.

Still not sure on the Greek Freak - Giannis - he sprained his ankle last night and felt pain when he tried to return later. Bucks lost Jabari Parker in Phx, then lost Greek Freak last night in Portland. Been a tough road trip for them. They still have Clips on deck on sat before they get home next Tue (hosting CHA) before hitting the road again to ATL next Friday.

The Rockets landed at 4:30am this morning while the Pelicans were already in Houston.

All key starters locked in 40 minutes.

Can not bet this game without Howard/Terry's status.

Is it possible for a 21-3 team to be underrated? Guess so. I think the Warriors are playing better ball, coming off a loss where they were in an extremely tough spot and still played a very solid game. Not taking anything away from OKC as Durant's return has them looking much better, but I think this is a huge game for GS to see how they really stack up against the Thunder. Tough to take anything away from the first meeting between these two, everyone was out and the shooting was abysmal. I can't see why anyone in their right mind would play the under in this game. Have to think the pace is frenetic to start the game, way too many good shooters on the court that will get looks. Definite play on the over, leaning Warriors tt over and warriors ml. Really don't want to lay pts as it could easily be a 1/2 bucket game down the stretch, but in the end I think the Warriors get it done at home.

had the same thought after watching both okc and gsw on tuesday....gsw played a very good game in their loss and okc looked a little less organized to me (but they usually do)....okc on a run makes it a little harder to bet against them though

Key takeaways from GSW last game.

2nd quarter Memphis has a 20-0 run.

Draymond Green (key contributor) 1-8 with open looks and tip ins missed. Step Curry 1-10 from 3.

pels/hou

pels won and covered 10 times this year
pels won and did not cover twice as dd fav
pels won and covered as a dog 3 times
pels loss and covered as a dog 2 times

so take the dd favs out and the pels win when they cover (13 out of 15 times)

so if you like the pels i would recommend ml (i actually like hou)

The Rockets are in a B2B division game after winning last night in overtime, flying home from Denver - flying from California to Texas to Colorado and back to Texas in the L7 days. I wouldn't lay points in that situation, or pay 2 to win 1 backing the ML.

I can't see why anyone in their right mind would play the under in this game.

The Warriors are 6-0 to the under L6 home games and the TNT games have gone 12-2 to the under this season.

Since 2008 when a team is lined as the favorite after playing in Denver the night before: 16-12 SU and 13-15 ATS against an average line of -6. When the opposing team wasn't also on B2B the favorite went 5-9 SU and 4-10 ATS against an average line of -5.

I don't know. I think that with all the injuries and all the players coming back from injuries (Dwight returned last game, Cousins now) - today it's best to skip.

As for the total in Oakland, Thunder are really defense oriented right now. Just listen to what they are saying before and after the games - you hear them mostly talk about defense.

If the line would have been Thunder +3.5, I probably would have given a shot, but +2.5 means that that there is even a greater chance that the line won't matter and it's not easy to fade GSW, at home, off a loss...

No way I would back the Kings. No lead is safe with them. Opposing teams have been able to shut them down in the 2H. They are 2-5 SU when leading by 9 or more at halftime, and three of those losses came before Cousins got sick. They're 1-4 SU and 0-5 ATS as the home fave when the opposing team is on zero rest, with the lone win coming in overtime by one point versus the Pacers. I especially wouldn't count on Cousins in his first game back on limited minutes.

The Rockets are in a B2B division game after winning last night in overtime, flying home from Denver - flying from California to Texas to Colorado and back to Texas in the L7 days. I wouldn't lay points in that situation, or pay 2 to win 1 backing the ML.

The Warriors are 6-0 to the under L6 home games and the TNT games have gone 12-2 to the under this season.

And okc is coming off 4 st unders and 9 out of 11 to the under.....may regress to the norm but it's obvious that both teams concentrate on d and this game would lead you to believe that both teams will be playing both ends of the court...prime time and prime oponent

IMO all these trends are messing with your guy's heads. They could be coming off 20 straight unders and I would still lean over. The line says it all 211, defense can be stressed all you want, but when the shots start falling the opponent will have to respond. It prob gets over 225 unless both teams shoot 35%.

The Thunder scored 70,70,61 in the 1H of their L3 games. All three of those games ended up going under the lined totals of 204.5, 210, and 206.5. The Thunder and the opposing teams both averaged about 40 points in the 2H of those games. It's TNT, national television, and the public loves overs. There will be fireworks in the 1H and the halftime total is going to be set sky high as a result. The 2H total will get pushed up a couple points with all the action, heavily juiced to the over, and the 2H under will hit comfortably, barring overtime.

The Thunder scored 70,70,61 in the 1H of their L3 games. All three of those games ended up going under the lined totals of 204.5, 210, and 206.5. The Thunder and the opposing teams both averaged about 40 points in the 2H of those games. It's TNT, national television, and the public loves overs. There will be fireworks in the 1H and the halftime total is going to be set sky high as a result. The 2H total will get pushed up a couple points with all the action, heavily juiced to the over, and the 2H under will hit comfortably, barring overtime.

totally agree

bulls have won a game by more than 13 4 times this year and since the 4th game of the year the knicks have lost by more than 13 3 or 4 times....can't lay 13 and difficult to play knicks but action would have to be on knicks if any as they seem to hang around most nights before losing

IMO all these trends are messing with your guy's heads. They could be coming off 20 straight unders and I would still lean over. The line says it all 211, defense can be stressed all you want, but when the shots start falling the opponent will have to respond. It prob gets over 225 unless both teams shoot 35%.

health my man....i played under so you are probably correct

whats pushing the sac line up....demarcus?.....i bought 1/2 to 7 and I'll take my chances with a bucks team that is in much better form than sac right now

sac last 11...2-9 su...2-9 ats

i don't think the rockets travel is too big of a concern....they had a couple days off just a couple days ago and they only crossed 1 or 2 time zones...these guys are highly conditioned athletes and young and i don't think the short hops and short durations with rest affects them too badly....if the rockets shut down davis then they should cruise....not sure i am going to play them though

bulls have won a game by more than 13 4 times this year and since the 4th game of the year the knicks have lost by more than 13 3 or 4 times....can't lay 13 and difficult to play knicks but action would have to be on knicks if any as they seem to hang around most nights before losing
Seeing conflicting reports on whether or not Melo is out tonight. Might want to check before placing a bet on the Knicks.

<tbody>
[TD="align: center"]
NEWYORK_3.PNG
Knicks
Carmelo Anthony-F [/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:11:00 PM[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]Carmelo Anthony is expected to sit out against Bulls Thursday. As the Daily News reported last week, Anthony will need knee surgery at some point.[/TD]

</tbody>
This as far as I can see is the last report. If I get another one I'll post but the NBA is a funny place.

Played GS minus 2.5 thinking OKC has had trival exposure to quality teams unlike GS who is loaded with Quality wins. Also looking at Bulls under as they play at Memphis tomorrow.

whats pushing the sac line up....demarcus?.....i bought 1/2 to 7 and I'll take my chances with a bucks team that is in much better form than sac right now sac last 11...2-9 su...2-9 ats
Possible but lean to Sac coming out strong and fading them second half.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>Derrick Rose out for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bulls?src=hash">#Bulls</a>, Carmelo Anthony out for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Knicks?src=hash">#Knicks</a> tonight. More updates from <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop">@KCJHoop</a> here: <a href="http://t.co/SPI86dA6hX">http://t.co/SPI86dA6hX</a></p>&mdash; ChicagoSports (@ChicagoSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChicagoSports/status/545725169915154434">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Looks like it's done Rondo to Dallas for Wright, Nelson and Crowder and two future Draft Picks

<tbody>
[TD="align: center"]NBA Free Agent
Jermaine O\'Neal-C [/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:35:00 PM[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3, align: center"]Mavericks will now target free agent center Jermaine O'Neal.[/TD]

</tbody>

NO with one solid road win and 3 others vs. Lakers, Jazz, Kings. Houston not in a good spot coming off high altitude ot win, but I think they probably get it done.
Agree. Houston is playing off 3 days off and then a game at Denver. NO used a lot of strength coming back last game and off course the game vs GS. 9 games in a row with no 2 days off and 2 b-b

OKC and the FG under are plays. GSW defense has been stellar, and i truly think that OKC are focusing on their defense a lot too. 6 of their last 7 games have gone under the total. 4 of their last 5 games on the road also went under. I see a hot start, and a 2H cool down. Also like the Kings FG under, may be a play.

Back