Fresno StateKalen DeBoerJeff Tedford
Notre DameBrian KellyMarcus Freeman
Colorado StateSteve AddazioJay Norvell
VirginiaBronco MendenhallTony Elliott
NevadaJay NorvellKen Wilson
OregonMario CristobalDan Lanning
MiamiManny DiazMario Cristobal

Last edited:
Not sure which thread to put this on, s--k, but since you are the only one I know who might have kept track I'll put it here.

Beliema is out for Illinois this week with covid. Do you know what the record is for teams with the HC missing a game?

I do not know the record. Without a website that has the record it would be difficult to piece it together.

Hadn't heard that yet. So much news seems to fall through the cracks this year, or maybe I'm not on the right outlets to get it all.

Was actually going to look into Brett's record vs Iowa as Wisconsin HC for curiosity.

2021 Coaching changes by school​

SCHOOLFIRED/RESIGNEDREPLACEMENT
UConnRandy EdsallJim Mora
USCClay HeltonLincoln Riley
Georgia SouthernChad LunsfordClay Helton
LSUEd OrgeronBrian Kelly
Washington StateNick RolovichJake Dickert
Texas TechMatt WellsJoey McGuire
TCUGary PattersonSonny Dykes
AkronTom ArthJoe Moorhead
UMassWalt BellDon Brown
WashingtonJimmy LakeKalen DeBoer
FIUButch Davis
Virginia TechJustin FuenteBrent Pry
FloridaDan MullenBilly Napier
LouisianaBilly NapierMichael Desormeaux
New Mexico StateDoug MartinJerry Kill
TroyChip LindseyJon Sumrall
Louisiana TechSkip HoltzSonny Cumbie
SMUSonny DykesRhett Lashlee
OklahomaLincoln RileyBrent Venables
TempleRod Carey
DukeDavid Cutcliffe
Fresno StateKalen DeBoer
Notre DameBrian KellyMarcus Freeman
Colorado StateSteve AddazioJay Norvell
VirginiaBronco Mendenhall
NevadaJay Norvell
OregonMario Cristobal
MiamiManny DiazMario Cristobal

Last edited:
Oregon State fired their DC after the Colorado game 2 weeks ago. Had a better result last week but it was vs Stanford Fr QB

It’s on the boards, but I did have a guy that I trust tell me the push for Lincoln is very real. He puts it at 85%( he’s not a donor but his fam would know many of them).

Who knows, but after Jimbo again yesterday I think he probably told Woodward NO, but thanks.

Don’t hear Lane thrown around as much.

I would say he is gonna make Lincoln and Aranda tell him NO as well. Wonder if Aranda wants USC?

That’s a mind blowing hire to me. Like worse than Les Miles to Kansas
Big difference is KU at the time thought Les would be a game changer

At this point, UConn just wants someone who can make them competitive for a half

Big difference is KU at the time thought Les would be a game changer

At this point, UConn just wants someone who can make them competitive for a half
I get it, but this is the retread to end all. I can’t think of one reason to hire him my brother

Mora has been out of the game. Not sure why he would want that job, I;d think he could get a slightly better job at a lower tier P5 school if he wanted back in. Maybe the answers are somewhere in his press conference.

Staying independent, unless they are going to play an Army-like scheddule which financially isn't feasible, then I imagine they will be doing a lot of pay check games and butt kickings vs Power 5s.

I’ll go a little further on current staff at LSU. I’m kinda ready for a fresh total start, however:

Let’s get the obvious out the way. Corey Raymond always lasts for the obvious reasons regardless the coach at LSU. He played here and LSU puts DB’s in the league with the best of em(Ohio St and FLA are 2 other notes). He’s been given raises because the moment he were to leave you know who is calling. Nick, Jimbo, Kirby and on and on. LSU has even danced around having to interview him for DC(disaster averted) and he isn’t that level at all.…He’d be one to keep tho.

Greg McMahon ST coordinator I’m keeping too. It’s good to have a good one and he’s really good.

Blake Baker LB Coach. He has Damone Clark as a Butkus award finalist. Nothing else to type.
But in all honesty he was dealt a terrible fuxking hand and he has played it better than most.

I’d entertain Mickey Joseph as well, WR coach.

I realize new coaches bring in all new faces usually….just pointing out staff I would at least look at.

Mora has been out of the game. Not sure why he would want that job, I;d think he could get a slightly better job at a lower tier P5 school if he wanted back in. Maybe the answers are somewhere in his press conference.

Staying independent, unless they are going to play an Army-like scheddule which financially isn't feasible, then I imagine they will be doing a lot of pay check games and butt kickings vs Power 5s.
Sounds like someone needed a payday. We’ve seen this before.

Yes we have. If he has no ties to the school, or the region and curiously hasn't thrown his hat in the ring up until this point and he "settles" for UConn? Very well could just be looking for the contract because there would be better jobs that he'd get hired for later this year after more coaches move around.

Yes we have. If he has no ties to the school, or the region and curiously hasn't thrown his hat in the ring up until this point and he "settles" for UConn? Very well could just be looking for the contract because there would be better jobs that he'd get hired for later this year after more coaches move around.
A classic "just win 3 games" and show something to pad up his next contract. Surprised UConn hasn't just gone the way of the Villanovas of the world and just reclassify as FCS, probably could be interesting if they did it

Idaho is the only team I remember who dropped down to FCS. But yeah UConn would fit right into the Patriot League. Holy Cross even already beat them this year!

UConn and UMass could both make that THE FCS conference. It's been Missouri Valley forever with 4-5 teams in the top 20. Big Sky is making that push but Patriot League is positioned to also

There list of possible openings is still so large. Not just as current coaches leave to take other jobs, but speculation of jobs that might just open. Especially in the PAC12. Not sure what will happen with Herm at ASU. Chip at UCLA. I don't think Stanford would want to fire Shaw, but this has been a bad year. Speculation that Whittingham might retire.

Hard to see it going on much longer for Cutcliffe at Duke. Duke is now just as bad as it was before he came.

There list of possible openings is still so large. Not just as current coaches leave to take other jobs, but speculation of jobs that might just open. Especially in the PAC12. Not sure what will happen with Herm at ASU. Chip at UCLA. I don't think Stanford would want to fire Shaw, but this has been a bad year. Speculation that Whittingham might retire.

Hard to see it going on much longer for Cutcliffe at Duke. Duke is now just as bad as it was before he came.
To the Cutcliffe point, Duke AD would love that. Got to have as much capital as possible to allow Scheyer to succeed Coach K. Football there is just basically about holding up it's end of the deal.

Not a head coaching change but Tucker is about to get 8 million per year from Michigan State. How long before they regret that contract.
I'm not sure how much B1G universities regret contracts considering how much they make in rev

The revenues are starting to catch up to the coaches actually getting paid what they're worth to the bottom line for better or worse.

Never know how this goes but alotta smoke LSU gonna make it hard for Riley to turn down this money.

We’re saying……

Sheriff of Lincoln County

Sheriff Pat Garrett

Now you gotta like the sound of that, right?
YES

And to think you have a Kennedy as a senator to boot

I kinda enjoy the guy when he's not talking politics, seems a jovial fella that I'd just disagree with but that's not a first

I have heard nothing indicating that Whittingham plans to retire. The deaths of TJ and AL have definitely taken their toll on him but I think he's still got that competitive fire burning.

I haven't gotten a haircut in 3 months and I'm going through no shave November. I look 10 years older than when I'm clean cut.

All these guys are positioning for more money etc, and Miami making millions is likely awesome but this is going backwards

Lane at Miami would either be a huge success or spectacular failure but its something I want to see no matter how it turns out. Unfortunately I think Mario takes the job and the program continues to underachieve.

Michigan State is intent on keeping Tucker. Late last week they offered him a 10-year, $95 million contract to stay.

I don't see him leaving now, but coaches make some very dumb business decisions

Back