The week of "The Game" Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
64-51-3 +35.00 units

Went 4-2-1 posted last week to make up for the previous weeks losses exactly. capped pretty well last week but not great. Added BYU with local Saturday but that was washed out with a bit extra on USC at -24..lol. Cannot believe Notre Dame gave us such a scare. That was garbage. Oh well. We move on to this week...

Illinois -2.5 -110 2 units
Michigan State +15 -110 3 units
BYU +7 -120 2 units
Iowa -5.5 -110 5 units
Vandy -3 -110 2 units
LSU -3 -110 2 units

Thoughts on these in a bit. My pizza just got delivered. :tiphat:

Michigan-tUOS Thoughts as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
poster71760258.jpg

hitting those Hawkeyes again I see.... Shonn Greene should get Heisman consideration but won't... unless he perhaps has a huge statement in this game.. I still don't think it will help his chances but if he thinks it will, me likey..

GL BAR,- stellar record:shake:

BAR,

Did you hear theres a chance Michigan wont make it down to Columbus this weekend for the game??

.....They can't get through Toledo

Good luck BAR. I'm liking Purdue better than Illinois in the Big eleven.
I certainly agree with your other two picks there.
BYU or anything else west of the Mississippi River is a mystery to me.

Thanks tee, appreciate it. Love how they matchup here as I will get into later today or tonight...

Joe, heard that one a lot lately. Pretty creative.

me thinks Jump overtakes this thread.

he shouldve went to texas tech, woulda fit great in that offense
wish him the best, although i think he could've been real nice to have in a couple years once the ship turns around and RichRod players start coming in

he isn't leaving....yet
nobody knows if that's true from what I've read.

There are an awful lot of red flags wither way hunt...jackson says stuff about an injury...RR mistakes a knee for a shoulder after the game, the death, rumors of transfers, blah..

He could have already left, it's just not official.

exhbit J from GBW:

I can tell you all that I write for MgoBlog, and have talked with 4 sources closer to the program than you would think, and have confirmed that Sam told Fred Jackson he wants to transfer yesterday.
Whether he leaves or not is yet to be determined, but he did tell Fred Jackson and the coaches he plans on transferring.
I have confirmed this with multiple sources all telling the same story.

there's smoke from everywhere.

like illinois and sparty too.

look forward to your iowa thoughts.

sorry about the game in colombus this week.

you think purdue sends tiller out with a big win ?

I'm not Big Al, but YESSS.
Against IU, but nobody else.

As much as it pains me to say it, BYU should be the right side IMO at 7. 10 of 11 in the "Holy War" have been decided by 7 or less. Line should probably be 4 IMO. GL with the card. Hope you lose your BYU bet by 28 points though and beat the osU by the same margin.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbIWDV15Y0k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbIWDV15Y0k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BAR I like some of your plays BAR. Let's go to the BAR and get drunk at the BAR. down BRAR. And BRARSTAR. yeah BRA

---Kyle I think if I get 14 with IU I'm humping that line. This is NW-IU part deux matchup wise. IU ---- they can't defend the power run and they can't defend the pass. They really suck. But Purdue they don't physically overpower you. You've got to ISO IU and they fold. Bring the big ole Left Guard student body left, student body right, and IU will get pounded. IU can't defend a downfield passing attack either.

--IU has some athletic linebackers, undersized D-line, they can defend this spread. As long as it's not a potent thread and a deep passing game. Those sideline action passes IU is decent with.

Dantonio won't be pulling for Wolverines
November 18, 2008 2:02 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Michigan State fans find themselves in an odd spot Saturday.
They obviously want the Spartans to beat No. 8 Penn State and earn a share of the Big Ten championship. But for Michigan State to reach the Rose Bowl, it needs a win and an Ohio State loss to Michigan (ABC, noon ET). So if Spartan Nation wants the best possible outcome for its team, it needs to root for the hated Wolverines to upset No. 10 Ohio State, which isn't an exciting proposition.
At least one prominent member of the Michigan State family won't be yelling, "Go Blue!" on Saturday.
"I'm not rooting for Michigan," said head coach Mark Dantonio, who has spent 11 of the last 14 years working for Michigan State or Ohio State. "I'm going to focus on our task at hand here and worry about the things we can control. I have too many good friends and too many people that wouldn't let me back into their house to let me do that.
"So Go Bucks."

Obviously this is the biggest pointspread we have seen in this series in ages. It opened at 24 via LVSC and got hit down pretty good it looks like. I think I know why. We'll see though. I look for a game much like last years as far as Ohio St's offense goes and even like last week. I watched their game against Illinois twice(I know, sickening) trying to find an angle in this game. Tressle knows he just needs to K.I.S.S. and they should win pretty easily. Last year was a lot of Beanie and even more Beanie. He was hitting for 2-3-4 yeards for most of game before he broke the defense down and had a few huge runs. Michigan actually did a solid job against him but like all great backs he finally wore them out. I expect them to do a solid job this week. But again, they'll have a few mental breakdowns.

The key to the ATS in this game will be Michigans offense. Now, your thinking cliche here but not really. One, Nicky Sheridan is starting. That Minnesota game was a fluke. If he can somehow not make any turnovers Michigan can stick around for a half or three quarters. I doubt that happens. Ohio St should benefit from some short fields. At same time, I expect some creativity outta the Michigan offense. Nothing I have heard or read, just a gut/hunch feeling. They may get a score or two off something we haven't seen this year.

My gut prediction is that its a pretty boring game sans a few plays and we get about a 27-10 Ohio State win.

More on this later...

I have a play on the weeknight game tonight. Played NIU as an action play last night(meaning like 1/4 unit thats pointless to post...I hate weekday games...and even though that was easy as hell...I couldn't devote a full play to it)....so that being said...

Ball St and hova tonight.

I agree. Michigan is moving to the SEC next year. Our 20-5-1 record against that pitiful conference made the move neccessary.

10 wins vs Vandy, 3 vs Tulane. still a decent record, but times have changed. Pflugner from 99 has long since been lynched.

You can pray for a 27-10 outcome son...

Conservative gameplan for OSU imo. Only reason they don't is because sweatervest wants to prove a point. Not his style though to risk turnovers with a frosh QB and let a 3-8 team stick around. He'll play an old style big ten football game and get a comfortable win.

Tress won't run it up...if tOSU covers it's because:

A. UM can't stop the run
B. UM quits
C. UM turns it over

All three are possible....but unlikely

tOSU can cover still though cause UM should struggle badly to score..

Sheridan
Minor iffy
Odoms iffy
new OL injury
Guff out

Tress won't run it up...if tOSU covers it's because:

A. UM can't stop the run
B. UM quits
C. UM turns it over

All three are possible....but unlikely

tOSU can cover still though cause UM should struggle badly to score..

Sheridan
Minor iffy
Odoms iffy
new OL injury
Guff out

Most likely.

And 2nd half the run defense getting tired. I think they will do pretty solid first hafl against the run.

We'll see.

10 wins vs Vandy, 3 vs Tulane. still a decent record, but times have changed. Pflugner from 99 has long since been lynched.

Well, in my lifetime in 28 years:

2007 WIN vs Florida
2006 WIN vs Vanderbilt
2002 WIN vs Florida
2001 lose vs Tennessee
2000 WIN vs Auburn
1999 WIN vs Alabama
1998 WIN vs Arkansas
1996 lose vs Alabama
1990 WIN vs Ole Miss
1987 WIN vs Alabama
1985 WIN vs Scary
1983 lose vs Auburn

thats 9-3 right there.

Guff and Minor are playing.

Schilling is not.

Threet is iffy

and it doesn't really matter.

Michigan can't tackle a mobile QB to save their life..

You guys are giving UM WAY too much respect, and I actually hope your right even though I have a OSU -20 ticket.

Back