The Best Season of all...BOWL SEASON!!!

Mags

The Magsnificent One
A great time to end a rather good year. Percentage wise, I've had better but from a unit perspective it's my second best year of all time. There's better news, Bowl Season is typically my most productive time of the year. Quickly, I want to give a shout out first of all to Tee, Ramble and Troy as they each had some words of wisdom for me early on in the CFB season that certainly helped me keep my focus and confidence throughout the season. Secondly, BOL to everyone, let's end the season on a great note guys and girls. Everyone seems to provide some extra info this time of year (Horn, ETG, etc) and it certainly is helpful to all of us, so please keep it up! On to the locks and leans:

LOCKED IN:

Wake Forest -3 (50)
Colorado State +2x (50)
Memphis +13 (110)
BYU +3 (110)
Troy -5 (330)
Boise State +3x (200)
U46 Boise State/TCU (300)
Notre Dame -2x (100)
Central Michigan -6x (110)
U69x Florida Atlantic/Central Michigan (200)
WVU-ML (100)
U52x Wisconsin/Florida State (480)
Miami +10x (300)
Louisiana Tech - PK (300)
Rutgers -7 (110)
Northwestern +14x (150)
Maryland +3 (100)
Rice -3 (200)
Oregon +3 (100)
Oklahoma State-PK (110)
Houston -4 (100)
Boston College -3x (165)
U59 Kansas/Minnesota (120)
U54 Georgia Tech/LSU (100)
Georgia Tech -4x (110)
2H LSU +6 (200)
Iowa -3 (300)
2H Iowa/South Carolina O20 (0)
Nebraska +2 (100)
Georgia -8x (100)
U45 Penn State/USC (120)
2H Penn State/USC O22 (100)
U42x Virginia Tech/Cincinnati (100)
Texas Tech -4 (110)
East Carolina -3 (220)
Alabama -9 (220)
Buffalo +7 (220)
Ohio State +9x/U52 (134)
U74 Ball State/Tulsa (300)
Ball State +3/U74 (50)

LEANS:

Florida-3 (anything 3 and under is a big play for me)

Peace.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
GL, Mags

fwiw...with so many on iowa...check out the SEC's bowl record as dogs. it's phenominal.
anyways, two great defenses...two challenged offenses...coin flip spread, imo.

GL, Mags

fwiw...with so many on iowa...check out the SEC's bowl record as dogs. it's phenominal.

Agree on the SEC's Bowl record. Stellar as dogs and probably even better as dog v. Big Ten team..

Also agree two good defenses..

But one good defense is facing a team that is an absolute mess on Offense

The other good defense is facing one of the premier running attacks in the country..

Just saying.. GL Yanks.

GL, Mags

Not so sure that I agree with this statement bro, iowa averaging 9 ppg more than SC and giving up 7 ppg less. I know that the SEC is a much stronger conference but I also believe that 16 ppg difference is substantial when the spread is 3 AND the fact that iowa has a legit top 10 defense (I believe SC's is around 40th). BOL with your other plays.

Agree on the SEC's Bowl record. Stellar as dogs and probably even better as dog v. Big Ten team..

Also agree two good defenses..

But one good defense is facing a team that is an absolute mess on Offense

The other good defense is facing one of the premier running attacks in the country..

Just saying.. GL Yanks.

very true. iowa does have a great running game...and scary ended a mess.

Not so sure that I agree with this statement bro, iowa averaging 9 ppg more than SC and giving up 7 ppg less. I know that the SEC is a much stronger conference but I also believe that 16 ppg difference is substantial when the spread is 3 AND the fact that iowa has a legit top 10 defense (I believe SC's is around 40th). BOL with your other plays.

yes, agree w/ a lot. and fwiw...in no way am i saying that i'll be playing scary. not so fast, my friends...in that regard.

imho...i can't argue the stats above...but i will argue about the conferences playing a big role in that. also...before florida, scary was a top defense in the sec. (which btw is also why i rate florida so high, but that's another topic.) and the clemson game, which further diminished their stats...well, i think it was a gator hangover to be honest.

i could also bring up some bad spots this season for iowa...like pitt, nw, etc...but i won't, cuz i'm not playing scary either.

bottom line...not arguing...just saying i see 2 great defenses...providing scary shows up...and 2 challenged offenses...though i will give you/iowa the obvious edge on that front...great running game...but also attributable to the "mess" that scary has become, as TD says.

anyhow, i do see a tight game. when bar played it, i sent him a text saying a 10-6 final. i may be exaggerating on the total...but that will be my play on this game, sooner or later...the under.
the only thing that could get me off the under, and onto iowa, is if i'm reading a lot of bad news regarding scary...as motivation for them is questionable.

Interesting rutgers addition. i know they are hot right now but why the bet ?
Vegas - yeah, they have been hot but so has NCST for that matter. The things that have me on Rutgers more than anything are three: 1) their QB play 2) I believe that Schiano has won the team back over again after a very slow start and 3) their defensive play the last couple of games. In these bowl games I put alot of weight into QB play and defense...just my thing.

Vegas - yeah, they have been hot but so has NCST for that matter. The things that have me on Rutgers more than anything are three: 1) their QB play 2) I believe that Schiano has won the team back over again after a very slow start and 3) their defensive play the last couple of games. In these bowl games I put alot of weight into QB play and defense...just my thing.

qb and defense are good things to back.

I think the infighting with schiano and the admin .. and the stadium issues and so forth was a distraction early in the year. Playing good ball right now.

gl and thank you for answering.

bankroll on iowa...i was pissed i didn't go with AZ and layed off the game completely and frsno def shit the bed with 2 70+ yd runs or else i would have won that too...oh well we'll get em tonight with troy i'm sure play it!

bankroll on iowa...i was pissed i didn't go with AZ and layed off the game completely and frsno def shit the bed with 2 70+ yd runs or else i would have won that too...oh well we'll get em tonight with troy i'm sure play it!
Yeah, i'll be on Troy as well, just in a pretty bad funk as of late. NFL has been horrible for me, I just stopped playing ncaab. CFB was the only thing that I had still be doing well at and it's been a rough start to usually my best time of the year (bowls). Just not seeing it bro.

How can you guys bet against a team with a tight end named Rudolph on Christmas Eve? :4_12_12:

Thanks Yanks, I hope that you and yours have a great holiday season as well bro!

Updated the leans fellas, hoping I'm turning this thing back around...GO C MI!

I snoozed on C mich and no have a bad number to decide on.. heavy lean C mich, not sure it gets to the plau list though... GL on it bro.. Lefev now 100% healthy should be a good sign for CMU backers..:cheers:

I snoozed on C mich and no have a bad number to decide on.. heavy lean C mich, not sure it gets to the plau list though... GL on it bro.. Lefev now 100% healthy should be a good sign for CMU backers..:cheers:
Hey T, hope you had a nice Christmas with the little guy! On to tonight, I really like CMI alot, may add units actually. BOL to ya bro! Was looking at the OVER as well but it's getting a little too high for my taste. Peace.

On the **** with ya. :shake:
Hey man, good to hear from ya, I hope that you and yours had a nice holiday! Great 1st 1/4 for both the side and total play...don't mide the 0-7 start from the side perspective. BOL to ya bro! Hoops still going well for ya? :popcorn:

Hey man, good to hear from ya, I hope that you and yours had a nice holiday! Great 1st 1/4 for both the side and total play...don't mide the 0-7 start from the side perspective. BOL to ya bro! Hoops still going well for ya? :popcorn:
'

Hoops? Not so much. Been a roller coaster. Started off -15 units, then won 31 units in a week and had a 16 unit profit, then lost at least 12 of that so yeah sitting + on the year but not a whole lot of confidence right now.

Yeah bro, stopped hoops a few weeks ago, very slow start and wasn't seeing things at all.

Positive unit night here, looks like things may be on the turn around...need to continue work for tomorrow's early game...

Added Wisconsin/Florida State total to the card fellas, largest play of the bowl season to this point for me. Hang in there WVU!

This Florida State game is getting out of fucking control! Seemed like it was a easy bet about :10 ago! :popcorn:

Tough loss on Rutgers there...home work time :popcorn:

The Rutgers coach was an asshole. You go for it on 4th and inches to win the game. Also - missing a fg and a extra point killed the number. We were on the right side Mags...
:shake:

The Rutgers coach was an asshole. You go for it on 4th and inches to win the game. Also - missing a fg and a extra point killed the number. We were on the right side Mags...
:shake:
Yeah, there's no doubt bro. The NCST backers will all say the same, but after you miss a PAT and a short FG you have a 1st a goal from the 2 and then a 4th and inches there is NO WAY that those who say that NCST was the right side aren't smoking crack! Oh well, it is what it is, BOL to you the rest of the way bro!

You didn't watch the game bro if you're convinced Rutgers was the right side.

Well, unless of course you knew the NC State QB was going to be out for the 2nd Half....then I can agree

Added NW play to the card fellas. Capt - come on man, we can all say "what if" probably every other game. Bottom line, regardless of the situation, Rutgers backers should have cashed. BOL to ya moving forward.

NW hangs in there, would have been nice for a straight up win but what are you going to do. Looks more and more like Maryland will be a play for me...

Back