The 2008 World Series: Fightins vs. Rays

hanging.gif

whats your call tonight nut?? Im thinkin rays but unsteady on my feet for the weekend!!

Bring it home, Cole

'an_horse'

:smiley_acbe:

5dimes has -175/ML. Thinking about -1.5 and -2.5 as well.

Howard and Rollins woke up and are in a groove now, finally, and it really could not get any worse for tampa!

get-r-done cole!!!

wow...i take that back...just looked at stub hub...standing room only are going for a dime...

any seat could net u 1500+

still not worth it...

Aw man thats awesome...im jealous

you could probably get a dime a pop for em...

but it still wouldnt be enough for me to sell em...

:cheers:
I bought seats in sec 330 for like 750 a piece after game 2 and it was the best investment Ive ever made...No way would I sell these things I just couldnt...I heard standing room only is going for between 6 and 700 now

I bought seats in sec 330 for like 750 a piece after game 2 and it was the best investment Ive ever made...No way would I sell these things I just couldnt...I heard standing room only is going for between 6 and 700 now

section 332 goin for 1750 each

again, still not enough for me to sell!!!

and just think C$$$$$, you could be in VA right now rooting for sports teams that never win in the postseason, ever

bet you regret that move to philly, dont you, lol

stick to your guns! dont ever sell those tickets bro

enjoy the game and the ensuing celebration afterwards!!!!! youll never forget that shit

and just think C$$$$$, you could be in VA right now rooting for sports teams that never win in the postseason, ever

bet you regret that move to philly, dont you, lol
Absolutely Not...Ive been a Phils fan even since I lived down there...It would just be an absolute dream come true if they seal it up tommorow:23_29_107v:

If anyone wants a decent prop bet for tomorrow find J-Roll hitting a lead off homer...

Im trying to find live MVP odds right now, and pound cole.

Wanted to take him at +600 and utley at +700 before the series started, and totally forgot to.
While utley obviously probably wont win, cole has a damn good shot tomorrow:cheers:

Have a weird vibe that the Phils aren't gonna make it easy on the Philly faithful and this series still goes 7 games. Rays have played their best baseball when no one gives them a shot in hell to win and their backs against the wall, ESPN talking heads included, all of whom predict Cole gets it done tonight. I mean come on Philly, have your sports teams ever made anything easy on you?...

Leaning over 7.5 tonight. All signs point to an under but if Kazmir has his usual "walkfest" that could mean easy runs for the Phils. Phils bats are hot right now. IMO the over might be the only play. Phil RL is my only other option.

I agree w/ you ATP. I think that after the first 3 going under, we see 2 straight overs. Actually, may take a shot at a Rays/over parlay at 1 to win 4.5

See everyone from Philly at cottman and frankford tonight! I am so nervous its ridiculous. i wish it was 830 now.

Have a weird vibe that the Phils aren't gonna make it easy on the Philly faithful and this series still goes 7 games. Rays have played their best baseball when no one gives them a shot in hell to win and their backs against the wall, ESPN talking heads included, all of whom predict Cole gets it done tonight. I mean come on Philly, have your sports teams ever made anything easy on you?...

No they havent...dont know why I wouldve expected anything different this time

Sports Gods :whip:Philadelphia

I cant believe this shit

The only way it couldve been worse is if it was called in the top of the 5th, which wouldve meant a complete do-over except we would have burned Cole...

The way I see it on the restart, David Price will be on the mound pitching to Say It Aint So Taguchi

And then after he strikes him out, gets JRoll to pop out and Werth looking, Navarro will come up to bat against Chad Fuckin Durbin

Just shoot me now

Gotta think the crowd is gonna be diminished too...just from the sheer odds that peoples ticket stubs got lost/fucked up and thrown away in the rain

Phils have to be a little deflated and the Rays are probably feeling like they dodged a bullet and got a stay of execution

Im not happy

And then after he strikes him out, gets JRoll to pop out and Werth looking, Navarro will come up to bat against Chad Fuckin Durbin:seeya:
Just shoot me now

He damn well better not. Manuel knows its now or never, hes not going to fuck around here and bring in the durbinator.
he got a bit complacent and almost blew game 3 but not here when you have a chance to close out the series.

i worry about a possible appearance from eyre though, and what if charlie accidently leaves him in against a RH bat. trouble...
and hes still a cub in my eyes, cubs/ cub fans bring bad luck. lol

but Lidge hasnt pitched since game 1 and is rested.... madsen and romero are good for an inning a piece as well.
out of the three of them only madsen gave up an ER so far his series. impressive.

The fact that they played the game at all was stupid...that fact that it wasnt called in the top of the 6th was absolutely ridiculous.

The game should have been called before the top of the 6th

Im not saying the game shouldve been called and the Phils shoulda got the win then and there (though that wouldve been nice and i wouldnt be above taking that!!) but the rain delay (if thats what they wanted to call it to get around the rules) shouldve happened before the rays scored that run...bullshit

Ive also reconsidered Chad Durbin...theres no way you can send him out there with the World Series on the line...Im guessing theyre gonna send Madson out there and hope to get three innings out of Madson/Lidge

I just hope Madson is as effective 'starting' as he has been relieving

The fact that they played the game at all was stupid...that fact that it wasnt called in the top of the 6th was absolutely ridiculous.

The game should have been called before the top of the 6th

Im not saying the game shouldve been called and the Phils shoulda got the win then and there (though that wouldve been nice and i wouldnt be above taking that!!) but the rain delay (if thats what they wanted to call it to get around the rules) shouldve happened before the rays scored that run...bullshit

You are definitely right here, and philly fans have the right to feel cheated.... but for one time all series ill be honest:
i think it evened itself out, we gotta admit some those blown calls to go our way were awful lol, and they all lead to key early runs for philly.

but we know selig was not trying to have this season end on a suspended rain-delay game. the ratings for this WS have been bad enough

all of these games have all been close barring game 4, so one or two runs is obviously huge.

So lets just declare it even.. and yall phillies and fans need to fuckin rally up and close this bitch out right here'an_horse'

dont make this thing have a negative connotation or bring you donw- keep on what you all were on track of doing-winning the damn WS and being world champs:cheers: still 3-1 with a chance to close it out

My biggest problem with the whole thing was that they let Cole pitch through that entire inning in the pouring rain which I believe cost them a run...After the top half of the inning the rain hadnt gotten worse it was the same as it was the prior 20 minutes Cole was out there...I just dont think it was fair for to have Cole pitch through that half inning and not make TB have to do the same thing

Press release being drafted as we speak postponing the game until at least tomorrow

With any luck, it'll get called off until Thursday, which, should the Phils lose the next two would put Cole on normal rest for game 7....

I'm in NE Philly and am starting to see snow mixed in with this rain.

This is surreal. What an insane situation.

I think the fact that theyre not playing today is good for the Phils...even better if they dont play till Thursday...

The Phils were not happy about last night...JRoll didnt speak to the media, neither did Burrell or Charlie...in short they felt like Bud fucked them over

Heres a gem of a quote from an unnamed pitcher:

“That (expletive deleted) guy,” one pitcher said as he saw commissioner Bud Selig before walking out the back door of the clubhouse. “I wouldn’t let him supervise one of my (bowel movements). He has no clue. Not one (expletive deleted) clue.”

And another from an unnamed position player:

“(Expletive deleted),” one position player said in the direction of one television pausing only for a moment before leaving. “He’s a moron. How stupid can one person be?”

Back