Tennis Betting

Haas sometimes just doesn't have it....blame it on the age?

Sandgren being himself out there today. You guys ever watch this guy play? He is a TRUE tennis player. I don't mean in the sense of how he plays the game, but how he acts in between points. I've watched him live before and he is great entertainment between points.

Very windy conditions in Binghamton... This match seems pretty even but Sangren needs to keep his head.

Sandgren loses the first set...4-6

Looks like this is Kuznetsov's game folks...he served one off his frame but it managed to catch the outside of the line and fooled Sandgren on the return. Big point for Sandgren that he could of used. Sandgren won his first two in 3 sets so lets see what he can do!!!

Leaving for the gym..no more in-match updates. Sorry folks!

Let's go SANDY! I'll be checking the score from my phone on the way :boxing:

Last edited:
Bloody Sandgren... looks down and out right now. needs to break to stay in the match

Not good enough. Sorry fellas

heading on vacation this week..leave tuesday.

going to miss watching random 250 events...i should have some wireless so maybe i can catch a few matches. good luck to all

I'll be honest here folks, I had a nice write-up I posted that I had typed while I analyzed the match-up. I posted it, re-read it, went over the numbers again, and realized it was completely the wrong side... Ended up swapping picks (Jabeur ML instead of Gavrilova ML), and wound up with a winning wager...

Many thanks to whoever enabled the "edit post" button in this forum...

Tennis

Mikhail Youzhny -2(-120)
Blaz Kavcic +3.5(+100)
Fabio Fogini -3.5(-120)

Bojana Jovanovski-4.5 (-130)
Mandy Minella +3.5(-115)

What's up tennis brothers? Posting this one from Panama.... got down here yesterday and have my electronics running properly now.

Tomorrow the play is Linette ML in the Baku open. I'll throw some additional thoughts here on a few hours. I think the price is around +230. This girls legit folks. Maybe the best Poland born female, nobody knows it yet though

What's up tennis brothers? Posting this one from Panama.... got down here yesterday and have my electronics running properly now.

Tomorrow the play is Linette ML in the Baku open. I'll throw some additional thoughts here on a few hours. I think the price is around +230. This girls legit folks. Maybe the best Poland born female, nobody knows it yet though

She dominates on Clay...that's what worries me is that outside of that surface she needs a ton of help. She has the build to really dominate but at 21 it seems like she will need a lot of brushing up on hard courts and grass.

She dominates on Clay...that's what worries me is that outside of that surface she needs a ton of help. She has the build to really dominate but at 21 it seems like she will need a lot of brushing up on hard courts and grass.

Yes, she is a very good on the clay court. When I first started looking at Linette, I was drawn to this fact and hovered on it as it appeared she was weak on hard courts. Turns out, this is far from the truth. She is a solid hard court player. My main worry for her in this match is that Linette has played 3 matches in the Baku heat. Psilkova (Krystina), is only playing her second match, and came off a nice convincing win over Dolonc. Psilkova appears to be a solid hard courter, with a good winning %, but if you look at her tournament results she has really struggled to make it deep into a tournament. I do think this match has a very heavy price on Psilkova,and you would have to be down-right mad to lay -260 with her. After all, this is womens tennis, and rankings do not mean anything. The fact that Psilkova beat Dolonc and is ranked ~100 spots higher than Linette gives some reasoning as to why the price is what it is. These two women have played each other before, with the match going to Psilkova in a 7(9)-6 , 6-4 win...(back in 2011). Only 4 breakpoints were generated between the two. I suspect another tightly contested match, and I'd sure as hell be more confident sitting with a +230 ticket rather than laying -260 with the woman who might not even be the better tennis player in this match.

In regards to my wagers, I have not bet on this yet....I will definitely have $ on the ML and +4, but I cannot decide if i should add the -1.5 sets or the Over....

I'll edit this post and update the wagers when I hve placed them. Cheers until then

Well, what a fucking pissoff...

Pinnacle took this shit off the board before I could get my wager in. Fucking pricks.

That sucks King. I got it in and was paying attention before I fell asleep. She broke her and was up 3-1 and she had a mini collapse after missing another 2 break points and lost 3-6. I fell asleep after that expecting it to be a loss.

Yes, she is a very good on the clay court. When I first started looking at Linette, I was drawn to this fact and hovered on it as it appeared she was weak on hard courts. Turns out, this is far from the truth. She is a solid hard court player. My main worry for her in this match is that Linette has played 3 matches in the Baku heat. Psilkova (Krystina), is only playing her second match, and came off a nice convincing win over Dolonc. Psilkova appears to be a solid hard courter, with a good winning %, but if you look at her tournament results she has really struggled to make it deep into a tournament. I do think this match has a very heavy price on Psilkova,and you would have to be down-right mad to lay -260 with her. After all, this is womens tennis, and rankings do not mean anything. The fact that Psilkova beat Dolonc and is ranked ~100 spots higher than Linette gives some reasoning as to why the price is what it is. These two women have played each other before, with the match going to Psilkova in a 7(9)-6 , 6-4 win...(back in 2011). Only 4 breakpoints were generated between the two. I suspect another tightly contested match, and I'd sure as hell be more confident sitting with a +230 ticket rather than laying -260 with the woman who might not even be the better tennis player in this match.

In regards to my wagers, I have not bet on this yet....I will definitely have $ on the ML and +4, but I cannot decide if i should add the -1.5 sets or the Over....

I'll edit this post and update the wagers when I hve placed them. Cheers until then

unfortunate about not getting that wager in!
Great call and analysis there man, looks like this kid might be a gem, hope she doesn't turn out to be a disaster like he compatriot Wozzy who just seems to not care about tennis as oppose to being in the spot light.

Fed I using a new racket and will have an adjustment period. Last weekend was his first tournament using it and this was his second. His losses are likely a combination of him not playing very well this year, plus using the new racket. On a side note, has anyone see Raonic lately? Need him to start playing some matches again so he can continue to pad my account with his abysmal play.

After I couldn't bet Linette I threw 25 on Brands and went to bed a little pissed off. I'll be on Linette against Jabeur. It's pretty awesome that one of these young gals will have a spot in the semis.

I have some down time tonight and will look at the matches going on tomorrow.

Cheers fellas

Fed I using a new racket and will have an adjustment period. Last weekend was his first tournament using it and this was his second. His losses are likely a combination of him not playing very well this year, plus using the new racket. On a side note, has anyone see Raonic lately? Need him to start playing some matches again so he can continue to pad my account with his abysmal play.

After I couldn't bet Linette I threw 25 on Brands and went to bed a little pissed off. I'll be on Linette against Jabeur. It's pretty awesome that one of these young gals will have a spot in the semis.

I have some down time tonight and will look at the matches going on tomorrow.

Cheers fellas

I also think that at Fed's age he's more focused on the bigger tourney's, his body language speaks for itself, considering he's got a family now, has won everything he can. All he's playing now is for legacy. We both know he doesn't have to prove a point to anyone.

as for Raonic, I've noticed he's gotten a lot more cockier lately, his service game is getting a bit predictable for a lot of players now and he's not playing aggressive enough.

Your likely right about Fed not caring in some random 250 event. I'm sure he gets paid just like Serena does to show up and create some press. Maybe you would think Fed would want to play better closer to home, but like you said, at his age and with the career he has had, why should he care?

This is why I love tennis, more specifically, betting on it.

Your likely right about Fed not caring in some random 250 event. I'm sure he gets paid just like Serena does to show up and create some press. Maybe you would think Fed would want to play better closer to home, but like you said, at his age and with the career he has had, why should he care?

This is why I love tennis, more specifically, betting on it.

agreed, I'm surprised there was only a few of us here that were wagering on it, glad to have you abroad. Really like your analysis and views especially in smaller tourneys like these. Many people don't realize how profitable Tennis can be for your account.

What are your thoughts on Dimitrov and Janowicz? I'm hoping for Gregor to make some noise in US Open

agreed, I'm surprised there was only a few of us here that were wagering on it, glad to have you abroad. Really like your analysis and views especially in smaller tourneys like these. Many people don't realize how profitable Tennis can be for your account.

What are your thoughts on Dimitrov and Janowicz? I'm hoping for Gregor to make some noise in US Open

Thanks TM. Tennis can be profitable, but at the same time it can be god damn frustrating and downright sickening. This is my second year capping tennis, and I spent WAY too many hours last year watching events late into the night trying to grasp what this sport is about.

In regards to Dimitrov and Janowicz, I really can't say at this moment in time . Jano has shown in the past that he can be a force, and he validated that fact with his showing at Wimbeldon. Now when you look at him on the Hard Court, he hasn't played a match on that surface (to my knowledge anyways) since early this season in Davis Cup play and ATP Miami. His results were satisfactory, but nothing exceptional like his performance on the Grass at Wimbeldon... Most of his losses on hard courts were against solid competition, but if he wants to increase his ranking (top 10 is achievable) he is going to need some solid victories on the hard court to round out this year...He did close out last year with 7 wins before losing in the final to Ferrer of the Paris ATP, which was played indoors on hard court. Sadly, Janowicz has not had any success at the US Open, with his best result being a loss in the 1st round last year to Novikov (who was a huge underdog, +900 or so). I would think that Janowicz will be really focused the US Open this year because of how poorly he has played at this tournament in the past. I think it has something to do with the outdoors setting, mainly the wind throwing off his serve.

Dimitrov...I do not know much about him. Results wise, he shows promise on the hard court but has had bad luck with his draws this season. He got to the final in his first tournament of the 2013 season (hard surface), but lost to Murray. Dropped his next match to Fogini (bad spot having lost in the final of his previous tournament, then had Aussie Open up next). Then lost a tight match to Benneteau in the Aussie Open. His next four losses on hard were to...Karlovic (Dimitrov had no return game, just as he had no return game against Benneteau), Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro. I'll have to watch some of his matches prior to the US Open so I can get a better feel for his game and hopefully he gets a favorable draw for that tournament.

This late night tennis shit really gets me off... the girls house I'm staying at (sadly, we aren't banging but I did run into a gorgeous german girl who I found out is only a few houses away) was wondering what in the world I am doing up this late at night on my laptop.

Anywho, Linette is looking prime for another plus money victory. I highly doubt she will double fault the 1st set away like Bojana Jovanovski did against Jabeur. The second set was another strange one, with Jabeur really having a strong return game. I throw the 1st set numbers out of the window, because Jovanovski double faulting 7 times has nothing to do with Jabeur. The 2nd set was a bit of an odd one, but yet typical of WTA. Jovanovski was up 5-3 and serving for the set, but in that 10th game she lost the 30-30 point and was unable to fight off the break point, opening the door for Jabeur. She clearly took advantage by consolidating that break, breaking again, and then serving out the match. I'd like to point out that when serving for the match, Jabeur was up 40-love before losing 3 straight match points. Lucky for her, she was able to serve out the match and move on to the quarter finals.

Linette won yesterday, 'upsetting' Pliskova in 2 hours. This was another odd one, with Linette holding a 3-2 lead in the first set she lost 4 straight games. Mentally, she stood strong and won the next two sets 6-1, 6-2. Linette had a nice 1st serve % right around 75% for the match, winning 70% of her 1st serve points but really struggling with her 2nd serve points (<45%). What she did was feast on Pliskova's second serve, winning >70% of those points. Jabeur's 1st serve % is right around 60% so far in this tournament.

The only thing I hate about this match is that Linette played ~24 hours ago (ended ~2:00am) whereas Jabeur has had a bit longer of a rest, I think around 40 hours ago she played.

What I do like about this match is that Jabeur just knocked out the #1-seed. This means that at the young age of 18, with her 2nd WTA win under her belt, she likely got way more press than she has ever had. With that upset, books have made her the favorite against Linette? Hell NO.

Linette is damn good hard courter, and while she could lose this match (its the WTA...), I think she is in an even better spot than her previous match. The only thing I hate is how her match finished nearly 24 hours ago. It is also a VERY windy day in Baku, ~35km/hr winds (22ish mph). So we could see some rough service games...not sure who the wind really benefits, possibly Jabeur as her 1st serve% has been so damn low that her return game is what she has saved her.

Anways folks, Linette ML (+188) is a solid wager in a match where AT BEST is a PK. If Linette had beat Jovanovski and Jabeur beat Psilkova, we see a line that offers Jabeur +165 imo. Give me the woman who didn't break down mentally after losing 4 games in row, instead she rebounded and won 12 of the next 15. Like I said yesterday, taking Psilkova was madnses, and taking Jabeur today is much the same in my opinion.

I'll post my wagers once I make them, and tonight I'll make damn sure I the wager in before the match begins.

Wagered $55 on Linette ML (+187) to win $102.85

Best of luck everyone, I'm off to bed...

Last edited:
well good thing that was a retirement cause Linette was getting pasted

Haha I just woke up and saw the score. Anyone know why she retired? That's so awesome because the last 3 retirements have not been in my favor. Ons had very legit return numbers in that game. Hopefully the injury is nothing serious and she can recover in tie for the US Open. Will be definitely looking for her name. I blame Linette's poor play on the even poorer scheduling of this tournaments draw. If I had Jabeur j'd probably be posting this as I was frew-falling from a bridge

Gotta be lucky to be good, and good to be lucky.

Wow, upon closer look, Jabeur may have retired due to politics and not wanting to play an Israely.. http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/Shahar-Peer-advances-to-semifinals-at-Baku-Cup-4688342.php

The article does not touch on it. But It looks like Tunisia and Israel have some conflict at the moment, with a prominent member of a Tunisia politic party being assassinated today. I can't blame Jabeur for retiring and wanting to avoid such risk /conflict and find it hard to believe the decision was solely made by her

Last edited:
if that is the case that is really really shady stuff there, depending on the book you'd have a lot of iffy money moving around

Back