**************Super Bowl Ingame***************

it's a big one, but remember the scale of those rookie contracts back in the day? Pretty ridiculous until they were scaled back

Jewalrus got like 60 million and 30 guaranteed

Right, and there were tons of busts as draft picks. Then there's guys like Ponder, Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Kaepernick, Bradford, etc, etc, etc.

Any late bets, my degenerate pals? I'm drunk and flush with a couple winners. Tennis? Snooker? Dog race?

Brock and Kap are similar.....good teams can hide their warts. They can't carry the load.

True.

It's also true that the game has shifted so much to pass-centric that teams have to rely on QBs to carry the load. Get back to running the ball and putting together a complete team, and your QB doesn't have to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs every game. It's the fantasy football effect that's taken over.

True.

It's also true that the game has shifted so much to pass-centric that teams have to rely on QBs to carry the load. Get back to running the ball and putting together a complete team, and your QB doesn't have to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs every game. It's the fantasy football effect that's taken over.
Agreed.

True.

Heard a former Bill and Buckeye, Dustin Fox, moaning about the state of the game from a defensive player's perspective, he made a lot of sense. He basically said it's tough for the D to get off the field with all the defensive holding and automatic first downs.

There aren't many guys at QB who are THAT good and can carry the load. Unfortunately, the way it is now, teams are constantly in search of that stud and throw money at what they perceive is a problem when they should be spending money in other places to take the pressure off of their guy who isn't one of the few who can carry the load. It's mind boggling how so many teams haven't figured this out. Just because the game has changed doesn't mean there are enough elite QBs who can do what you're asking of them.

There aren't many guys at QB who are THAT good and can carry the load. Unfortunately, the way it is now, teams are constantly in search of that stud and throw money at what they perceive is a problem when they should be spending money in other places to take the pressure off of their guy who isn't one of the few who can carry the load. It's mind boggling how so many teams haven't figured this out. Just because the game has changed doesn't mean there are enough elite QBs who can do what you're asking of them.
Agreed but why keep setting up QB's to fail? Everyone says guys like Dilfer and A Smith aren't any good but their winning % was actually pretty good. I'd take winning % over 300 yard passing games. Game manager is an insult but in reality it should be a compliment, give me a QB that knows how to manage the game and win more than he loses and put the right pieces around him.

Agreed but why keep setting up QB's to fail? Everyone says guys like Dilfer and A Smith aren't any good but their winning % was actually pretty good. I'd take winning % over 300 yard passing games. Game manager is an insult but in reality it should be a compliment, give me a QB that knows how to manage the game and win more than he loses and put the right pieces around him.

Right, that's exactly what I just said.

You have a DB grabbing a little jersey half a mile from the relevant action on 3rd and 18. 1st down.

Best one left but Pitt's D has improved bigly over the last month. Pitt hasn't had Bell for the playoffs two years running, can't wait to see what they can do with him.

And the #1 scoring defense is still alive as well.

Best one left but Pitt's D has improved bigly over the last month. Pitt hasn't had Bell for the playoffs two years running, can't wait to see what they can do with him.

Have gotten to the QB more then any other team in the 2H of the season.

Also Artie Burns moved to starter and Sean Davis was the steal of the draft

You have a DB grabbing a little jersey half a mile from the relevant action on 3rd and 18. 1st down.

Well no one will dispute that the rules and officiating are horrible. But even if it wasn't the case, there aren't enough elite QBs for every team to play the way they're trying to play.

Cowherd broke down NE scoring defense yesterday and he's right, they've basically played a ton of games against QBs that literally can't score so of course they're numbers are inflated. That's not to discount the coaching, but the QBs they've played against aren't forward pass competent

Only watching SNL to see Sturgill Simpson perform, do they have anything other than Trump for material these days? I haven't watched in quite a while.

Cowherd broke down NE scoring defense yesterday and he's right, they've basically played a ton of games against QBs that literally can't score so of course they're numbers are inflated. That's not to discount the coaching, but the QBs they've played against aren't forward pass competent

I think Pitt would give them more problems for that reason alone but I think either Pitt or KC will give them all they can handle.

Only Ben can expose them, they get Alex Smith next week and it's another cut and dry win.

I think either team will beat New England, has nothing to do with tonight. Winner tomorrow goes to the Bowl...both team rosters are way more talented than NE. Of course you have the coaching factors, we all know them, but I don't think NE makes the bowl against either.

Well no one will dispute that the rules and officiating are horrible. But even if it wasn't the case, there aren't enough elite QBs for every team to play the way they're trying to play.

Oh they're OK. We had seven quality quarterbacks in the round of eight. Luck, Cam, Flacco, Marriotta, Jameis, Brees, Dalton, Rivers, Carr all sitting at home. I think QB play outside of Cleveland is on the upswing.

But obviously tough to win in Foxboro, not like it would be some easy victory, just doesn't feel like NE has what they need this year to beat the elites, which I think both Pit and KC are

But obviously tough to win in Foxboro, not like it would be some easy victory, just doesn't feel like NE has what they need this year to beat the elites, which I think both Pit and KC are

It's the Alabama effect all over again. They did lose this year, but it's the same concept.

Oh they're OK. We had seven quality quarterbacks in the round of eight. Luck, Cam, Flacco, Marriotta, Jameis, Brees, Dalton, Rivers, Carr all sitting at home. I think QB play outside of Cleveland is on the upswing.

So half of the league has a QB who can do what they want (based on how they're trying to play and how they're paying the guy). That leaves the other half without that guy, yet still trying to play the way that the guys with the QB can and do.

The Pats' biggest weapon, Brock Osweiller, isn't available next week I've been told

Should be a good game regardless of who they play, I just like the dog, whichever it is

Not everyone looks as bad as Johnny Manziel. I think a good team with an OK QB can still win. It just happened last year, Manning was tossing up dead ducks.

I would have a hard time putting any NFL player up there as far as heists since their contracts aren't fully guaranteed. Guarantee you can come up with a ton more in basketball and baseball

The Pats' biggest weapon, Brock Osweiller, isn't available next week I've been told

Should be a good game regardless of who they play, I just like the dog, whichever it is

Sure. They also turned the ball over 3 times tonight which isn't the norm.

Either way, all we've heard all year is that there are no elite teams, now you're saying Pitt and KC are two of "the elites." Let's just stay consistent is all. Just say it's a play against the Pats because you're sick of them winning and we can move on. Just like people do with Alabama, the Yankees, any team LeBron is on, the Lakers when they were the studs, etc, etc. It is what it is, nothing to be ashamed of.

Hell, you say all the time how much you hate Cowherd (you do listen an awful lot though), yet now you're referencing him for a point as to why the Pats aren't really that good.

:shake2:

I would have a hard time putting any NFL player up there as far as heists since their contracts aren't fully guaranteed. Guarantee you can come up with a ton more in basketball and baseball

Baseball for sure. Carl Crawford anyone?

Love Bill's presser, he's actually very good here. And I agree with him...they struggled and persevered. To think they covered with all the opportunities given to Houston is impressive. Curious to see how he uses Lewis next week considering his history with fumblers. I think they need an equal dose of both him and Blount to beat the other two teams left.

I've had SNL on for about 15 minutes, have they lost their minds? I might agree with Trump tonight.

Back