**************Super Bowl Ingame***************

You really still hung up on the delay of game and whether or not the clock is hitting zero? (busting balls, no need to get angry)

Maybe BAR knows this (as he knew about the official time and using tenths of a second as well)...don't the officials have a little buzzer on their hip that alerts them when the play clock actually hits zero?

I know that is how they used to keep time...I assumed it still was.

I

You really still hung up on the delay of game and whether or not the clock is hitting zero? (busting balls, no need to get angry)

Maybe BAR knows this (as he knew about the official time and using tenths of a second as well)...don't the officials have a little buzzer on their hip that alerts them when the play clock actually hits zero?

since nobody except a couple people really know what's 0 and what isn't 0, then I'm going to be suspicious when I see zero on the clock not called against one team but not the other?

I know that is how they used to keep time...I assumed it still was.

I

So the officials do have a buzzer that alerts them? They definitely keep the official time on the field, just not sure about the buzzer.

since nobody except a couple people really know what's 0 and what isn't 0, then I'm going to be suspicious when I see zero on the clock not called against one team but not the other?

Not trying to be a dick at all, seriously. Did you just not like the explanation you got about tenths of a second? As I said earlier, it's just math so be upset with math, not any particular person. THAT IS the explanation. It makes perfect sense. The clock we see at home, and the clock on the walls at the stadium don't use tenths...the official time does.

And again, you're saying nobody knows except for a couple of people...the only people who don't know are fans who just don't matter. Everyone on the field and involved in the game know the difference...they are the only ones who need to.

League picks and chooses when it makes calls, it's how they've operated for years and why we always yell fix.

Is what it is. Nothing to see here.

And it certainly would stop the confusion if they just installed clocks that used tenths of a second in the stadiums. I guess they just don't care because the game itself is using the correct method, which is tough to disagree with (and I disagree with most everything the NFL does).

League picks and chooses when it makes calls, it's how they've operated for years and why we always yell fix.

Is what it is. Nothing to see here.

Well you'd yell fix regardless, so that's not a great point.

The fans are meaningless in the grand scheme of things...as far as what goes on on the field of play. Nobody cares what the fans think, and why would they? It's not like the fans come to some consensus opinion on anything anyway...so which fans do you side with if you're in their shoes?

Terry Pegula is the living social experiment of what would happen if a fan owned an NFL team (how many times have we heard someone say "If I owned the team, I'd do this, this, and that?")...he was just a fan who hit the oil lottery and became a billionaire...and now he's just a fan with a lot of money who owns an NFL team and does an absolutely horrible job doing it. He's clueless...like fans usually are.

Not trying to be a dick at all, seriously. Did you just not like the explanation you got about tenths of a second? As I said earlier, it's just math so be upset with math, not any particular person. THAT IS the explanation. It makes perfect sense. The clock we see at home, and the clock on the walls at the stadium don't use tenths...the official time does.

And again, you're saying nobody knows except for a couple of people...the only people who don't know are fans who just don't matter. Everyone on the field and involved in the game know the difference...they are the only ones who need to.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the tenths. I get the math. If you are a league that values transparency (at least they publicly say they do), then why not have clocks with tenths. The players don't know either. How could they? They see the same clock the fans do. Nobody on the field knows except the people keeping the time. Not the players, not the coaches. All anyone sees is a clock with whole seconds.

Again, so if I see a clock at zero and nothing is called against one team, and I see it at zero but it is called against another, then isn't is logical to wonder what the hell is going on? It's a simple fix. We have bluetooth, NFC, wireless networks, etc. The NFL needs to get along with the times and involve some technology.

I'm not railing against you. I get the answer. I just don't like the "secretive" approach.

Emkee
all day yesterday was u bitching about lane kiffin, selling out Saban or not... holy fuck..
U say they ain't running the ball, it's cuz kiffin hates saban
they stop running n u get mad

i will play ur punk ass all day this summer, be ready to lose ur teeth too bitch

The rule is.... once the play clock hits zero, the official then turns his head to the ball and if it is not snapped it is a penalty. So technically the play clock can hit zero every single time and not be a penalty if the ball is snapped immediately after it hits zero.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the tenths. I get the math. If you are a league that values transparency (at least they publicly say they do), then why not have clocks with tenths. The players don't know either. How could they? They see the same clock the fans do. Nobody on the field knows except the people keeping the time. Not the players, not the coaches. All anyone sees is a clock with whole seconds.

Again, so if I see a clock at zero and nothing is called against one team, and I see it at zero but it is called against another, then isn't is logical to wonder what the hell is going on? It's a simple fix. We have bluetooth, NFC, wireless networks, etc. The NFL needs to get along with the times and involve some technology.

I'm not railing against you. I get the answer. I just don't like the "secretive" approach.

Again, I don't disagree that they should install clocks with tenths in their stadiums to end the confusion.

As far as the players though...of course they know. They may not know if there are actually .4 seconds left (since they don't have a clock to look at displaying tenths) at the time on the field but they certainly know that the official time is kept on the field and they know that tenths of a second come into play. Also, the offensive players would be the ones looking at the play clocks (if anyone was), and they certainly wouldn't be bitching about not having a flag thrown.

Emkee
all day yesterday was u bitching about lane kiffin, selling out Saban or not... holy fuck..

i will play ur punk ass all day this summer, be ready to lose ur teeth too bitch

Come on Dud no name calling.

Again, I don't disagree that they should install clocks with tenths in their stadiums to end the confusion.

As far as the players though...of course they know. They may not know if there are actually .4 seconds left (since they don't have a clock to look at displaying tenths) at the time on the field but they certainly know that the official time is kept on the field and they know that tenths of a second come into play. Also, the offensive players would be the ones looking at the play clocks (if anyone was), and they certainly wouldn't be bitching about not having a flag thrown.

we are agreeing on the same thing. players know how the time is kept. I agree. They don't know if there are 0.4 tenths left. Again, we agree.

The rule is.... once the play clock hits zero, the official then turns his head to the ball and if it is not snapped it is a penalty. So technically the play clock can hit zero every single time and not be a penalty if the ball is snapped immediately after it hits zero.

:shake2:

we are agreeing on the same thing. players know how the time is kept. I agree. They don't know if there are 0.4 tenths left. Again, we agree.

Right, but why would it matter to them is the point we aren't agreeing on (it seems). The offense would be looking at the clock (if anyone was), and outside of the QB it's completely meaningless. They are going when they see the ball snapped, the clock means nothing to them.

You brought the players up as if it supported your position...why does it matter if a player on the field knows if there are .4 seconds left on the play clock?

And it's a slow turn too given they're generally 50+...

Emkee

The two of you need sit down over a bottle of Belvedere and work things out...

Right, but why would it matter to them is the point we aren't agreeing on (it seems). The offense would be looking at the clock (if anyone was), and outside of the QB it's completely meaningless. They are going when they see the ball snapped, the clock means nothing to them.

You brought the players up as if it supported your position...why does it matter if a player on the field knows if there are .4 seconds left on the play clock?

you said everyone on the field knew. I thought you were talking about the actual time, not how it's kept.

It's over. I'll move on until the next time a delay isn't called.

Back