SUNDAY MORNING COFFEE--Suck Ass Week 6 Review and Week 7 Line Predictions

Fondybadger said:
NCST is tempting, but i'd like em -3 or so, want to here ontime and jhunters thoughts on it...

Not that you asked, but I think -3 is about the right spot for it. I would not wager this game at all.

Guys, I've been gone today and am just now looking at the lines and I am of the opinion that I will likely NOT play a single favorite this week. Very likely all dog plays for me.

And, no, I am not playing Oklahoma at that line, but I may play Iowa State if it gets over 3 TDs.

I'll comment more later, but just look at all the "home dogs" this week guys. Vegas wants to lure everybody into playing road favorites. After the wacky weekend we had yesterday, is that really wise in your opinions?

This is the time of year that even "bad" teams start to get better and improved. Be careful of playing on teams that are beat up with injuries. Be careful of playing against young teams that started the year poorly -- chances are they are improving as the season goes along and their performances will be better. Be careful playing on BCS teams because Vegas knows you want to.

I guess what I'm trying to say in general, and should have done myself last week, is take some time with this card this week. Watch the lines and do your homework. I know I will.

smoke.gif

How about a road dog, then?

Houston is really jumping out at me and they look to be getting great value after their stumble last week.

rjurewitz said:
How about a road dog, then?

Houston is really jumping out at me and they look to be getting great value after their stumble last week.

Yes, road dogs should be played.

Well, first off, let's get this out of the way, Houston got beat by a frigging Sun Belt team yesterday.
rolls.gif
But, the key to beating S. Miss, as we have witnessed, is a good passing game. I agree, this looks like a good dog play here.

They may not be a dog in a couple of days though . . . . .

Houston got beat because they gave up nearly 300 yards rushing.

I honestly think they were not up for the game after 2 close games to BCS competition. Seeing ULL on the schedule there and most players took the day off.

USM had a good running back against Tulsa, if I remember. Still, think Houston will play better this week and win.

Trends favor USM, though.

I kind of like Temple getting +43.5 points against a Clemson team that is playing a sandwich non-conference game with Ga Tech on deck. Temple is not hurting with injuries and they are likely improving some as the season goes along here. I know they are terrible, but these big spreads are getting harder and harder for these big favorites to cover. Am I the only one noticing that?

I actually like Temple too. Am I going to bet them? No way in hell.

I'm looking at Va Tech and Pitt midweek.

Back