Sunday MLB Discussion

little late nut, but i already had that shit. that was before i knew manny was out as well. i've come to realize this year that i pretty much hate playing overs in baseball.

Sorry, I don't keep such stats, Satyr.

As far as this spot goes, I'd pay more attention to Boston off a bad road trip 1st game back at home.

having to rely on guys to come up w/ timely hits is 10x more frustrating than having the pitcher and defense doing the work.

i feel like anyone who doesnt like arod are the same people who dont like tiger. why not enjoy greatness, especially if the guy isnt a total prick.

to me this game really isn't about Joba, he can limit the damage for the Sox but guys is making just his 7th start and this is still Yanks/Sox. You have the less experienced starter, vs the better overall team and you have to lay -165. If you think the Yanks bullpen can hold down the Sox after you get 5 innings out of Joba by all mean play the Yanks but see this game being even going into the 7th inning and would much rather have + money with the Sox and their bullpen than lay it with tha Spanks at this point.
GL with whatever you play

Boston is not the better overall team . They have 1 edge on NYY SP . Which they dont have this evening . The SP gap is huge at this point though bewteen the two. Bullpen not really trusting of anyone for either outside of the closers . Boston is fairly consistent and defends fairly very well .

Look at it position by position and whatever spots Boston is better at most of the gaps are small . When NYY is better like SS and C even 3B the gap is huge .

Arod HR's as I type.... :shake:Hell I be the first to agree NYY is way overhyped but position for position they still are the most talented IMO .

7th HR for arod off timmy. thats why it is so important to know what is coming. god damn im good.

i feel like anyone who doesnt like arod are the same people who dont like tiger. why not enjoy greatness, especially if the guy isnt a total prick.

ARod is basically fucked by his own greatness because his numbers are better then his play from ab to ab. Guy leaves way to many runners stranded and fails to often with RISP for the supposed greatest hitter in the game. He is the most talented but not exactly the best . Thats why Jordan was great because he took the most talent and made himself into the greatest player . You dont get the oh shit feeling when Arod walks to home plate in a big spot because he hasnt consistently delivered in those spots .

At least thats my take ..:shake:

Laz Diaz is giving anything close tonight and god knows its even worse with the knuckeball....

If Joba goes 7 innings I would be very surprised if NY loses. Interested to see how he works the 2nd and 3rd times through the order though

Laz Diaz is giving anything close tonight and god knows its even worse with the knuckeball....

If Joba goes 7 innings I would be very surprised if NY loses. Interested to see how he works the 2nd and 3rd times through the order though

I have not seen a team to adjust him to yet . Right now he has the best fastball in the game and the best slider in the game . He throws strikes , quality strikes and mixes in the curveball to LHBs its disgusting to think what he is capable of . He literally is twice as good as Josh Beckett . Still trying to figure what the hell scouts missed with him. Interesting to watch his season unwind ...

ARods homer aside, when NYY makes Wakefield look untouchable, they're in it deep.

If BOS hits +300 in-game with a 1 run deficit, I'll bite.

ARod is basically fucked by his own greatness because his numbers are better then his play from ab to ab. Guy leaves way to many runners stranded and fails to often with RISP for the supposed greatest hitter in the game. He is the most talented but not exactly the best . Thats why Jordan was great because he took the most talent and made himself into the greatest player . You dont get the oh shit feeling when Arod walks to home plate in a big spot because he hasnt consistently delivered in those spots .

At least thats my take ..:shake:

great post

well i like arod. i certainly don't think he is the greatest hitter all time, no way. he has insane numbers because he is like an explosive scorer in the nba or something. i.e. allen iverson

i got the under and it looks fuckin great so far, only two hits. i also parlayed NYY ML/ under 9.

what this is doing to his pitch count is just as important as any extra runs added. Anybody in that pen is better than facing Joba.

And why didnt Lugo get told to bunt?

what this is doing to his pitch count is just as important as any extra runs added. Anybody in that pen is better than facing Joba.

And why didnt Lugo get told to bunt?

Oh yeah. Probably good for about 110 though maybe 115 . Started with just 53 this inning ...

If Giambi works a walk we score ...in the bottom half.....

wow ......Lugo doesnt bunt as BC pointed out makes no sense and then Jacob looks at a 3-1 cockshot...

Have to love the bleeders ...only way to score off Joba walks and bleeders ....should have went slider though 0-1

joba should be fuckin pist. diaz misses a strike right down the middle and ellsbury should have been called out. he went around...

since I have the O8.5, I need BOS to score 4, then I have to win at least 1 of my bets

Yeah great part of dog - over plays just need a little offense from the dog to basically wash worst case...obviously +230 is no wash but you know what I mean ...

Over 5 1st 5 innings and Yanks ML (small -1.5 play as well) :shake:

Back