Sunday July 29 discussion: is Freddy Krueger coming for the favorites again?

congrats chipper, he played high school school in my town and was the consumate pro

XNn5tPn.jpg

Thing with Trevor is he would tell you Here comes the splitter yet you could do nothing about it

true...

Chipper is just the second former No. 1 overall draft pick to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame after the obvious 1st Griffey Jr

Rangers sweep Astros in Houston :pointandlaugh:

Game 1: Rangers win 11-2. WP: Yovani Gallardo (5-1) LP: Dallas Kuechel (8-9)
Game 2: Rangers win 7-3 WP: Ariel Jurado (1-1) LP: Justin Verlander (10-6)
Game 3: Rangers win 4-3. WP: Mike Minor (7-6) LP: (10-6)
Coming into this series, the Rangers were 4-16 in the month of July, including a series loss to the Orioles. They had just been swept by the A's, despite leading by 8 runs in game 2 of that series and 4 runs in game 3. In that series, they had been outscored 25-2 from the seventh inning onward over those four games. They traded Cole Hamels on Thursday night. It was fair to wonder if the Rangers would win another game this month.
And then they come into Houston to face a team that was 30 games above .500, beat Kuechel, Verlander and McCullers with a starting pitching staff of Yovani Gallardo, Ariel Jurado (in his second major league start) and Mike Minor, and come away with a sweep of their rivals. What even is this sport?

Here's a math model some guy came up with and supposedly up 500+ units on the year. I been monitoring if for only a few days but it's been doing very well. It seems pretty high level statistics to me compared to my weak model so if anyone want to take a look...HERE
Not trying to bring this back again for round 2 of argument/discussion, haha, but just wanted to say thanks Mr P for bringing this to my/our attention. Even though I know it has recommended parameters, meaning only taking teams over a 5% stat advantage.... today there were 15 games and that model predicted 11/15 winners based on team the model identified as having a statistical advantage, even if only a small one, with 3/4 losses being underdogs. You best believe I’m gonna follow this the next few days

Not trying to bring this back again for round 2 of argument/discussion, haha, but just wanted to say thanks Mr P for bringing this to my/our attention. Even though I know it has recommended parameters, meaning only taking teams over a 5% stat advantage.... today there were 15 games and that model predicted 11/15 winners based on team the model identified as having a statistical advantage, even if only a small one, with 3/4 losses being underdogs. You best believe I’m gonna follow this the next few days

I kinda missed out on all this talk. I skimmed thru it all, seems like guy has a good thing going. So what I didn’t see is who is he and where can we find that stuff on a daily basis? Never been one to think we can have too much information!!

Rangers sweep Astros in Houston :pointandlaugh:

Game 1: Rangers win 11-2. WP: Yovani Gallardo (5-1) LP: Dallas Kuechel (8-9)
Game 2: Rangers win 7-3 WP: Ariel Jurado (1-1) LP: Justin Verlander (10-6)
Game 3: Rangers win 4-3. WP: Mike Minor (7-6) LP: (10-6)
Coming into this series, the Rangers were 4-16 in the month of July, including a series loss to the Orioles. They had just been swept by the A's, despite leading by 8 runs in game 2 of that series and 4 runs in game 3. In that series, they had been outscored 25-2 from the seventh inning onward over those four games. They traded Cole Hamels on Thursday night. It was fair to wonder if the Rangers would win another game this month.
And then they come into Houston to face a team that was 30 games above .500, beat Kuechel, Verlander and McCullers with a starting pitching staff of Yovani Gallardo, Ariel Jurado (in his second major league start) and Mike Minor, and come away with a sweep of their rivals. What even is this sport?

That had to crush some the chaser types!!

Did I hear correctly earlier when I heard on radio that was 1st time stros been swept all season? If so that is pretty damn incredible!!

I'm splitting a unit on Cards 1H and FG. This isn't one of my strong spot plays. Strictly a value play that I definitely wanna make. Ridiculous how Cards are now decent-sized dogs just because Cubs trying to avoid sweep. It's not like it hasn't already happened once this season!

I literally threw controller at wall, twice in the top of the 5th inning. Then I turned it off.

What did they say?

And more importantly why didn't either he or the Braves organization make sure they were deleted? Common sense business just isn't common so much

Trea Turner too, being out at 3AM or posting on twitter, nothing good comes of it.

Back