Sunday August 11th MLB Discussion

I expect the Astros to play a SLOW GAME. 23 runs was absurd. 10 or 11 would be alright but 2 3 runs is going to hurt
I expect the Yank game to GO OVER. I imagine the Yanks hit Thornton and the ump will not be fun for Tanaka
Actually I think Baltimore may have a double header at NY Monday so they would just want the Astros out the door

Last edited:
Started looking at Lester at Reds .Initial reaction is very bad for him. He is on 4 days rest ERA 7.11 44.1 innings. Has a 5 ERA with the ump and has been playing poorly. Need to look more

Started looking at Lester at Reds .Initial reaction is very bad for him. He is on 4 days rest ERA 7.11 44.1 innings. Has a 5 ERA with the ump and has been playing poorly. Need to look more
Same initial reaction I had but after digging he is pretty darn good coming off of 2 straight non-quality starts.

The Dodgers' line stinks. I'm seeing very impressive stat comparisons in favor of the Dodgers but yet the line is lower than other comparables......consensus is way in favor of the home team as well. This one may be the 'ole public fade.....possibly.

If Lester still has his tasty meatballs on the menu, hes going to give up 10 runs in one inning.

My overall query says the Dodgers should be a -300 fav or more but they are -220ish and the consensus is 80% in favor of the home team. Like I said earlier this one stinks. Leake has pitched well in Dodger Stadium before allowing only 2.25 RPG in 4 starts. Ryu has pitched vs. the DBacks 6 times at home and his team is 3-3 in those games. The only losses were when the DBacks matched up to him pitching-wise. Leake has shown he can pitch effectively in Dodger Stadium......methinks this one is worth some scratch on the dog.

HOU is the largest road favorite in the history of SDQL and quite possibly ever. The line has now pushed out to uncharted territory of -440 at 5d and get this -516 at Heritage(pic at bottom). Fucking hilarious!

In 16 years of SDQL there have only been 15 road favs over 300 and they went 12-3 but only return 4.5% ROI

View attachment 41711

View attachment 41712

Sanchez with Reyburn
1565539239109.png
1565539272721.png

Reyburn 11-8 over and 1.45 whip (14th highest of 89) in 2019.

Top Trends for this game.
HOUSTON is 147-84 (+35.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
HOUSTON is 65-28 (+26.4 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 36-12 (+20.8 Units) against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons.
VERLANDER is 23-5 (+13.8 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
BALTIMORE is 85-193 (-67.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 39-84 (-31.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 7-37 (-22.9 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +175 or more over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 17-43 (-18.5 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
BALTIMORE is 128-166 (-60.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Sunday since 1997.
BALTIMORE is 49-133 (-62.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 59-132 (-42.3 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 243-402 (-124.9 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1997.
BALTIMORE is 40-108 (-38.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

So I guess that's why

anyone have the balls to play Balty ?:popcorn:

no action on the game for me
I did at +2.5 and +1.5. Going into 9th I had hope, then despair, anf finally elation. Crazy 9th. Congrats to the real big balled dudes that went full ML, RL was all I could stomach. Stupid line though.

This feels as dumb as that time I backed Carson Fulmer two years ago vs the Twins. Gotta revise or at least restructure my reading choices lol

Back