Summer Transfer News and Rumours

I was surprised when it was first rumored yesterday, speaks volume about the depth in midfield that he is allowed to leave and yes it may be a good thing for him to go a season on loan, get plenty of game time and confidence and staying injury free hopefully. Just hope that they find the right club. Ornstein confirmed it earlier today so it must be true. And the probable clubs:

BREAKING: Sky sources: Jack Wilshere considering loan offers from Watford, Crystal Palace, AFC Bournemouth, Sporting Lisbon and Benfica.

Some news reports on twitter that he will choose Crystal Palace to stay in London with his young kids. And another reliable Arsenal source said he didn't want to go to a rival anyway and will sign a new long term contract with Arsenal, we will see but I think it could be true Wilshere loves Arsenal

ya thats why I thought West Ham, Watford make sense too

CP are in flux and likely to be relegated or near it so I would avoid that train wreck

going abroad could be good, his game would suit Italy well and it's a much less physical league

ya thats why I thought West Ham, Watford make sense too

CP are in flux and likely to be relegated or near it so I would avoid that train wreck

going abroad could be good, his game would suit Italy well and it's a much less physical league

Not quite sure about Crystal Palace as well, at least he would sure to play most of the time. But just like the others clubs mentioned. John Cross reported that Wilshere had contact with Palace tonight but will think about it during the night and assess the others choices tomorrow and decide.

Yes it would be good for some English players to play abroad, but they just prefer the comfort of staying at home I guess. And no incentive to go abroad as they probably couldn't get the same salary.. But for a loan it's a good idea, I've seen AS Roma being interested in Wilshere reported by someone else don't know if it's true, let's see tomorrow

as teed mentioned Watford is a good option, seriously some people make it such a big deal about distance.
For example, big cunt named Joleon Lescott was offered a contract at Rangers, looked all set but a big U-Turn says wants to be close to family...well you twat if you want to be close to your family you don't end up signing for AEK Athens.

also in Aston Villa news we have royally fucked ourselves for January. With the useless ACON going on we have now lost 3 attacking options come January...
Ayew, Gestede, and now Kodjia who we just signed for a record fee of 15mil a number that beat McCormack.

Tony Xia aka Tony Stark claimed he was going after a World Class #9 sorry buddy but in China maybe since everything built there is half ass.
I would of loved Patrick Bamford or the hilarious rumour of Drogba but hey I am not the owner/manager.

UTV

Had a look at his twitter, this Tony Xia seems like a good guy committed to Aston Villa, don't know if he has much experience and hope for you it's the last african player bought or January might get complicated! He even answers to fans everyday...!!

Dr. Tony Xia@Dr_TonyXia <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 8 hil y a 8 heures</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
The last day of transfer window, a lot more maybe will happen, maybe nothing happen at all. Whatever, UTV!
1f61c.png
270a.png
1f64c.png

Dr. Tony Xia@Dr_TonyXia <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 8 hil y a 8 heures</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Dr. Tony Xia a retweeté ⚽️Pagey VTID ! ⚽
That's right. @retsub12 and Sharon and others have been working all days long and no break, no holidays weekend...

Dr. Tony Xia ajouté,
⚽️Pagey VTID ! ⚽@apachevilla
Overall Villans a round of applause must also go to @retsub12 , quietly going about his business, getting the job done for @Dr_TonyXia

Joe Hart is official at Torino

Roma really want Jack Wilshere

Mangala is having a medical with Valencia or Porto (I've seen both)

Everton are closing to signing Brahimi for 35 million pounds

Newcastle wants Tottenham to pay 30 million pounds for Sissoko

Chelsea supposedly bid 32 million pounds for David Luiz, PSG wants 40

Bony will go on a season long loan to Stoke City

Leicester bought Slimani for 30 million pounds

Zenit has sold Axel Witsel for 18 million euros to Juventus

Juan Cuadrado back to Juventus on loan

Spanish media is reporting that Isco wants Tottenham over anyone else

Tony Xia is very very vocal some like it some don't but he's very much committed to Aston Villa. There's a bit more edge now since the big clubs in Birmingham are all owned by Chinese. Villa, Birmingham, WBA and Wolves.

They just signed Albert Adomah which I have mixed feelings for. The price is fair but at the same time I just wished we gave Adama Traore a chance, younger, faster, but inexperienced and I think this was part of the trade off for getting Adomah.

Either way Villa now have 4 key players that will be eligible for ACON and to make matters worse they may be out for more qualifiers in September.

yes looks almost done this french guy is reliable:

Mohamed Bouhafsi@mohamedbouhafsi <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 60 minil y a 60 minutes</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
PSG and Chelsea have agreed a deal worth €40m + bonuses for David Luiz. Player is on his way to London. To undergo a médical tonight

Matt Spiro@mattspiro <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2 minil y a 2 minutes</small>Paris, France<button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
France coach Didier Deschamps confirms Moussa Sissoko is currently in London. Doesn't specify if he's in west or north London #THFC #CFC

David Ornstein@bbcsport_david <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 32 minil y a 32 minutes</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Jack Wilshere set to join Bournemouth. Arsenal rejected Roma, Palace think their bid over & focusing elsewhere #AFC #AFCB #CPFC #

One under the radar move I liked is Gnabry to Werder Bremen. He wasn't getting anything at Arsenal, and the German native moving back to the father land may be just what this young talent needed.

One under the radar move I liked is Gnabry to Werder Bremen. He wasn't getting anything at Arsenal, and the German native moving back to the father land may be just what this young talent needed.

Yes he seems promising, needs to play so probably a good choice for him to go there. Too bad Arsenal chose to let him go on loan to WBA last season where he barely played. Only 1 year left and he didn't want to renew so had to let him go and couldn't promise him a lot of game time here anyway.

Valencia got Mangala on loan, I don't really understand all of this but sounds like City are paying a ton for Hart, Bony and Mangala to play elsewhere, and since I've no stake in it I should be ok with this?

Really don't understand this process.

Well, City were going to be paying them anyway as they have contracts.
For older players, usually the club that gets the player gets them for free on loan, but does pay a part of their salary.
Further it offers the chance for these players to showcase in the hopes that another team will take them off City's hands. Hart was going to be riding the bench all year, but now if he is the #1 and plays great, maybe Torino buys him or another team.
I'm a bit confused about the Mangala decision myself, but Nasri, Hart and Bony were certainly pretty expendable.

they did it in the past with Robinho, Santa Cruz, SWP

when they sign guys to that much cash, new manager comes in, becomes impossible to sell

agree with dylan on Mangala, he's so young and has a ton of talent, keep him and coach him up, or loan him to a PL club so he stays used to the pace and style of the league

What I don't understand, do these guys play if the clubs match up for some reason? Is that taboo or just the cost of doing business?

it depends, most teams put the clause in

some dont

like a few years ago with Courtois, Chelsea didnt put it in so Atleti could play him in the CL vs them

Mike Keegan@MikeKeegan_DM <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1 hil y a 1 heure</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
On the City departures, led to believe the club are paying the greatest % of Hart's salary.

City owners don't care much about the cash they waste, City fans must be used to this by now.

About Mangala, probably that Guardiola doesn't rate him and will not need him at all during his City stay so they may just sell him next year.

What I don't understand, do these guys play if the clubs match up for some reason? Is that taboo or just the cost of doing business?

In the Premier League I believe it's automatic that the player loaned doesn't play against the team that owns him. Need a clause like teed said if you loan outside the league in case teams meet in CL/Europa league, I guess Chelsea just forgot to put one in the loan contract a few years ago with Atletico

Last edited:
So no Bony against Stoke? That blows...

But Stoke are a top 10 in my book still regardless of the start and that's a great transaction for them....if I understand the loan process

Ian Dennis@Iandennisbbc <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 24m24 minutes ago</small>
Only report what I'm told - Spurs ahead of Everton for Moussa Sissoko and confident a deal can be done for the #NUFC midfielder

Tony Scott@Tony_Scott11 <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 6 minil y a 6 minutes</small>Liverpool, England<button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Sissoko is on his way to Everton

Tony Scott@Tony_Scott11 <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 6 minil y a 6 minutes</small>Liverpool, England<button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Sissoko is on his way to Everton

Or maybe not!

Lee Ryder@lee_ryder <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4 minil y a 4 minutes</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Told that both #thfc AND #efc are still in for Sissoko and it's a bidding war. Watch this space.

Daniel Taylor@DTguardian <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 16 sil y a 17 secondes</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
The story of Mario Balotelli, through his transfer fees:
2010 (Man City): £22.5m
2013 (Milan): £19m
2014 (Liverpool): £16m
2016 (Nice): zero

SPORT English@Sport_EN <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 29 sil y a 29 secondes</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Isco confirms he will not be moving from Madrid before the end of the summer window

Everton still can't get the high profile guys.

You're being generous calling him high profile! Seems like a steep price to pay for an average/good player they could have bought for the same price a few weeks ago, more like a last resort buy after they couldn't get other options. But why not in this crazy market he can still be very useful for the Spurs.

Meanwhile Dr Xia answered your concerns so no need to worry =)

Dr. Tony Xia@Dr_TonyXia <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1 hil y a 1 heure</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
We have plan for this. Will get several loans and 1/2 ins in Jan. Don't worry bout it. #UTV

Jack Pick @JackPickkk
@Dr_TonyXia what's gonna happen with the African cup of nations? We're gonna lose our main forwards?

Zenit pulled off some shady deals with Axel Witsel. He took his medical and was in the Juventus HQ for 13 hours today. Zenit changed their minds at the last minute

Any explanation as to why from the Russians? Zenith your favorite Russian club?

Sending him for his medical and changing their minds at the last minute is strange, even if there must be plenty of crazy transfer stories like this..

no surprise there from Zenit. Most still don't realize that players are owned by certain investor groups and it definitely wasn't the lack of interest from Axel to move but moreso there are those who have rights to his transfer that may not have agreed with the fees.
You think Agents are assholes, try to deal with the guys who own their image rights.

yah happy Tony is really vocal but we shall see. Won't be surprised if Ayew is gone in January.
I'm heading to Villa Park in October, I might be at the Newcastle vs Preston game with some crazy Magpies.
Also a Reading and Spurs match.

the man is just a wizard, wouldn't want to negotiate with him

Sissoko isn't 30m, he's 6m a year for 5 years if he is still at the club

Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.
Sissoko is now 27 and it is impossible to know whether he will still be a Spurs player in 2021.

also guardian saying Eriksen signing a new deal in next few weeks

As I understand Newcastle will get their £30m either way, if he stays for the duration of the contract or if he is sold during the 5 years contract. http://twitter.com/TomCStandard/status/771320688418361344
If the Spurs sell Sissoko in the middle of his contract they will have to pay the remaining balance to Newcastle anyway.

Let's hope for Tottenham fans he will be good for them as I read Newcastle were saying he wasn't very consistent with them at least last season.

Any explanation as to why from the Russians? Zenith your favorite Russian club?

Sending him for his medical and changing their minds at the last minute is strange, even if there must be plenty of crazy transfer stories like this..

They are my favorite club in Russia. I'm not sure what happened but I'm sure mike has the right idea. Zenit has really sold all of its non Russian assets this summer outside of Witsel. I guess with no champions league there is no point of paying these huge salaries. I feel bad for Witsel for sure.

Yeah every transfer window I hear some rumors about Witsel leaving Zenit and each time he ends up staying there...! An article of RTBF, belgium newspaper, says that the offer was 18m euros + 3 in bonus, seems a good offer for someone with only a year left. It says he wasn't sold because Zenit didn't find a proper replacement for him, but of course we probably don't always know the exact truth.

Sissoko the ultimate enigma in my eyes, and maybe he is worth 30m pounds, but I'd rather someone other than my club get him. I'm actually a touch surprised Spurs did reach for him, as honestly I thought the club had bigger needs. But, if you have a motivated Sissoko with Wanyama and Dier, you have a nice, dynamic midfield.
I still don't like the attack- very young and outside of Kane, very unproven at the highest level. I do like the rest of that team though, should compete for 5th :)

30mil to Spurs is nothing and as mentioned before you don't fuck around with Levy, Spurs will probably play the shit out of him and make him a 60mil player and sell him lol. I don't think there was a Spurs purchase in the last 10 seasons that has not at least seen a profit on the resale.

that Poch wanted him and told Levy to get him is all I need to know

he's the best developmental manager in the league right now and every player he has taken an interest in to improve (Lamela/Rose/Dembele are the biggest examples at the club) or pushed to sign (Toby) have been best players on the team

so if he wants Sissiko I trust he knows what to do with him, the Standard article also pointed out Madrid were in contact and wanted to make a push for him as well so even though he's an engima he is highly thought of

gives them a ton of options though, Dembele can get some rest which is big and we will still have a midfield who can drive forward

Dembele's suspension has been one of the biggest issues first 3 weeks, so much better with him in the lineup

30mil to Spurs is nothing and as mentioned before you don't fuck around with Levy, Spurs will probably play the shit out of him and make him a 60mil player and sell him lol. I don't think there was a Spurs purchase in the last 10 seasons that has not at least seen a profit on the resale.

Soldado? They've been good in the transfer market and Levy is a good negotiator but they still make a few mistakes from time to time like every other club

he still managed to get 10mil out of him...that's nothing compared to the other losses big clubs have had to deal with. Plus the cheap buys of Dele Alli and Poch himself, Spurs are arguably one of the better financially run teams in the league.

Once they finally move from that shit hole of a stadium called White Hart Lane and actually have more seats, and hopefully more beer on hand to purchase, they will be raking it in.

Bought for 30m euros and sold 2 years later for 16, still a loss and probably a few other examples, but yes they've been mostly very good and wise to construct the present team. I'm an arsenal fan and have no hatred for them and actually enjoy the way they play but of course I'm also ok when they lose points =) Will be interesting to see if they can prove their status of favorites in the CL group and confirm in the league and stay in the top 4.

He was only bought for 23m

It was 30 with add ons but he didnt meet the targets

But its mostly just little moves he does so well. Doubling chadli after 3 years

Getting a bit extra from capoue or stambouli after poor years

15 million for townsend

Back