Summer Transfer News and Rumours

Yeah seems legit

Heard United are in the running, but he doesn't want to play for LVG.

China apparently has a 10-12 million dollar offer for him

Interesting to see what new rule the MLS comes up with to get him to LA ( since they already have 3 DPs)...

If LA gets him it wouldn't surprise me if they move games to a bigger venue for summer home games in July and August. I think they could easily get 50K a home weekend game with IBRA and the rest of the bunch.

Gonna need teed to do a "Football For Dummies" thing and explain the point of the Football League shakeup to me. I can maybe see the advantage for the Championship sides in terms of less tv money to spread around, but seems like it would pretty much be financial suicide for the League Two teams.

And just as an aside, kind of ironic to see the Football League wanting to trim down to a more feasible 20 teams per league, and yet Don Garber wants to bring MLS up to as many as 28...

Last edited:
ya but there's a different in scheduling

football leagues in Europe do Home and away for each

MLS would do conference heavy

wonder if this happens if its when Celtic/Rangers make the jump to league 1
From what I understand, the SPL's in pretty rough financial shape, so that probably does happen at some point (didn't they already try years ago and have it shot down though?) Besides, if Cardiff and Swansea can play "English" football, why not Celtic and Rangers?

From what I understand, the SPL's in pretty rough financial shape, so that probably does happen at some point (didn't they already try years ago and have it shot down though?) Besides, if Cardiff and Swansea can play "English" football, why not Celtic and Rangers?

they want to join but have never wanted to go through the proper format of joining the league and moving up, they wanted to just be placed in the championship I believe which would mess up promotion/relegation for a few others for a season

but if they bring them in using this rearrangement and put them in league 1 then there would be less complaints

Arsenal have signed Granit Xhaka from Gladbach, not announced yet but sources have the deal done and he's taken media in Arsenal's new kit for next year, should be announced this week

It will make the end of most of scottish soccer. The top flight will stay, but the lower divisions will die

There is nothing stopping Celtic or Rangers joining, the issue is where and when. The EPL clubs voted 14-6 against them joining a few years ago. It's doubtful the EPL will go to 22 teams to accomodate them. It's not the extra 4 games thats the issue, its the clubs dividing the pie into smaller pieces. The alternative is placing them in the Championship, but its currently 24 team, so a team earning promotion misses out or team gets relegated that otherwise wouldn't, and it will get ugly. Or they join in the conference and work up, but Celtic and Rangers will earn no money and will kill them.

I think they will join the EPL directly. The TV rights will be worth more more domestically and internationally if Old Firm derbies and games at Ibrox are included, and not Stoke vs Bournemouth and Hull vs Watford

if it comes down to money, Alan pretty much hit it on the head, I'd be more inclined to watch a Rangers/Celtic rivalry twice a year than watch Stoke/Bournemouth.
There's got to be more incentive to the BPL then Chelsea, Utd, City, Arsenal, Pool.

Or they join in the conference and work up, but Celtic and Rangers will earn no money and will kill them.
I could see Rangers being able to hold out for a few more years (they've waited four years to get back to the top flight, so what's a few more), but the prospect of missing out on European football for Celtic could be a killer like you said.

alright mates lets go

Ryan Giggs has not been offered a position with Man U as of yet

Pogba appears to be on the verge of going to Barca

Lloris turns down a new contract from Tottenham

Gundogan signed a 4 year deal with Man City, the fee was around 20 million pounds

Tottenham interested in Deeney

Dani Alves will be confirmed to Juventus within days

Barca and Man U interested in Krychowiak

Real Madrid offered 38 million pounds for Alaba, Bayern said no

Cavani likely going to Atletico Madrid

Arsenal and Chelsea both interested in Morato

A few EPL teams looking at Pjanic

Tottenham rumored to be prepared to bid 30 million pounds for Lacazette :prayer

Man City interested in Marquinos

afXcJlJ.png

I dont know why Koeman is going to Everton

Lukaku and Stones most likely gone, Southampton much more stable and if he keeps them in the top 8 or so next year opens up much bigger jobs, he could easily crash and burn at Everton

Barcelona could be looking into Bellerin

De Gea commits to Man U...for now...

Zieler is official move from Hannover to Leicester City

Man City are close to signing Laporte for 39 million pounds

Benzema has no interest in going to Man U

PSG is sacking Blanc

Skrtel on his way to Besiktas

Ben Arfa is close to a PSG move

Inter is interested in Toure and Lamela

PSG interested in Coutinho

DDG will stay at United because of Jorge Mendes

Zieler is a weird one, do they think they are losing Schmeichel?

Laporte coming off an injury but I think he's a breakout guy next year

Barca Bellerin reminds of the the Cesc transfer, might take a year or two but it's gonna happen

the guy reporting the Coutinho stuff to PSG is usually bang on with his Liverpool info so that could be likely

id sell him if I were them too, he's too inconsistent to build a team around IMO

Vardy release clause can only be triggered by teams in the CL, hence why Liverpool and Man U have made no attempt

Man U interested in Pjanic

Barcelona will make a bid for Umtiti

Vardy has agreed to a deal with Arsenal, announcement should be made within the next 48 hours

Sunderland have made an 11 million pound bid for Diafra Sakho

Simeone has rejected a job at PSG

The Daily Mail reports that Man U will attempt to get Messi

Liverpool interested in Jordan Amavi

Zlatan should be announced official soon, he agreed personal terms with them

Bartra to Dortmund as well, that's a great signing, he's better than Hummels IMO

United close to finalizing Eric Bailly for about 30m

Made a bid for Andre Gomes as well that might see Mata going the other way

Leceister fans going be upset , but they are going get a lot of money for a 30 year old striker that could be a one year wonder..

ya thats a good move for them, bad for Arsenal

I dontt hink Leicester finish top 8 anyway but Vardy was the one guy they thought would stay, Kante/Mahrez were most likely to go

Vardy release clause can only be triggered by teams in the CL, hence why Liverpool and Man U have made no attempt

Man U interested in Pjanic

Barcelona will make a bid for Umtiti

Vardy has agreed to a deal with Arsenal, announcement should be made within the next 48 hours

Sunderland have made an 11 million pound bid for Diafra Sakho

Simeone has rejected a job at PSG

The Daily Mail reports that Man U will attempt to get Messi

Liverpool interested in Jordan Amavi

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sweden is letting Zlatan leave camp to sign his new deal at Man U

A german newspaper runs an article that claims Ronaldo is Yag

Chelsea interested in N'Zonzi

Vardy will have a medical at Arsenal today

Schweinstager is likely on his way out of Man U

Leicester is interested in signing Wanyama

Arsenal appear to be close to signing Mkhitaryan

Ricardo Rodriguez said he wants to play at Arsenal

Barcelona, Chelsea and Man City all interested in Jose Giminez

Chelsea are preparing a bid for Candreva

Ranieri confirms that Vardy is all but out

If Kante has to leave Leicester, he prefers PSG

Everton and Southampton have interest in Wijnaldum

Crystal Palace will trigger Andros Townsend's release clause

Man U is on the verge of signing Eric Bailly for 40 million euros

little birds are saying that PSG met Kante's release clause

also that Wanyama to Spurs should be confirmed soon

ya thats a good move for them, bad for Arsenal

I dontt hink Leicester finish top 8 anyway but Vardy was the one guy they thought would stay, Kante/Mahrez were most likely to go

I wasn't sure what to think at first, but realistically he may be the best available striker that Arsenal can get this summer. Morata and Aubameyang if they move this summer will be mega expensive. Welbeck out for most of next season, and another season of Giroud/Walcott up front is not an option for Arsenal fans.. Also, the buy out clause for Vardy is not that big even if there are risks of course, but it is good to see Wenger finally go after his targets early in the transfer window and not wait until end of August to see if an opportunity comes.

Also, most of the best strikers at top teams like Real/Barca/Bayern/PSG are almost impossible to get in their prime. The best teams in England have enough money to keep their best strikers (Kane, Aguero) so it leaves Arsenal with no choice but to look elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, who do you think Arsenal should have gone for instead of Vardy this summer?

of strikers who are very likely going to move

Lacazette is supposedly available for 30m which is barely above Vardy's release clause
Lukaku is definitely available, probly closer to 50m
Batshuyi is available, same price as Vardy
Vincent Jansseen said he wants to move to England this summer, he's a bit risky because dutch strikers always are, I could actually see him being bought as well for someone as a 2nd option sub

Higuan and PEA have been mentioned as maybe available but would cost more

costs which for Arsenal, with the highest season ticket in world football, shouldn't scoff at just because Wenger doesnt want too

the other thing I saw today which makes me like it less is style of play, Vardy played exclusively on the counter at Leicester, Arsenal always play possession based, I think they led possession in every game next season except against City, Spurs, and Barca

Batshuyi wants to go to Spurs according to a belgian writer who had is in with a lot of their players, had the Toby deal last summer weeks ahead, had Vertonghen coming to Spurs way before it happened too

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1299/Ligue...6/04/Tottenham-blijft-azen-op-Batshuayi.dhtml

OM set price at 31m pounds, guessing they get levy'd down a bit

would be perfect backup for to rotate with Kane and can also play behind the striker and on the wings

Yes Batshuayi would be a good buy for the Spurs I believe. Also I've read they were interested in Embolo, not sure if it's still the case. But I like him so I hope he won't go there aha..

Forgot about Lukaku as an option for Arsenal I would have liked him, but still Vardy seems a good short term option at a "cheap" price for a guy who had 24 goals last season just one shy of Aguero and Kane. Wenger should have bought Higuain a few years ago when he was available at a much smaller price and younger, now same age as Vardy and much more expensive as him. Aubameyang would cost a lot as well and there would probably be a bidding war for him, and anyway I've read that he would prefer a move to Real Madrid..
And Arsenal need strengthening in other areas to challenge for the title, like a solid centre back to complement Koscielny and right winger, so buying Vardy allows Wenger to invest in the rest of the squad (hopefully).

The others mentioned are young and largely unproven so not many choices really. I feel a fast striker like Vardy is essential going forward. Walcott is good a few games a season but not good enough the rest of the season. Also, a lot of good counter attack opportunities were squandered last season so an improvement in that area is vital. And not entirely agreed with the fact Arsenal always play a possession style system, just for example last season the 3-0 blitz of Man Utd at the Emirates was a counter attack clinic and Wenger would be wise to implement this style more and more.

Feeling a bit bad for Leicester as it would have been great to see them in the Champions League with the same team, but small teams overachieving always get ripped apart of their best players..

Mahrez would be fantastic but I have a hard time seeing him + Vardy joining Arsenal.. We will see I had also heard they were interested in Mahrez but not sure if he has a release clause or not like Vardy and Kante.

I have read Arsenal might be in for Mkhitaryan so either one would be great..

Varadys league goals last few seasons

2012-13 4
2013-14 16
2014-15 5
2015-16 24

I wouldn't be shelling out dollars for a guy about to hit 30, who has scored only 49 goals in Championship and EPL levels in the last 4 seasons (133 games)

the Mkhitaryan is that he's available for 40m, I think he's more likely for Liverpool or Man United

He's a great player but I don't think he makes sense for Arsenal, he plays the same position behind the striker that Sanchez/Ozil/Ramsey all play, and it has backups as younger players in Gnabry, Ox, Iwobi, (and even Wilshere) too

as someone who doesn't want Arsenal to do well, my hope is that they buy Vardy and another attacking mid, while not buying a CB and another center mid

I suspect this is Wengers last year and the first thing the new manager needs to do is buy 2-3 CBs, Mert is getting old, Kos is great but injury prone, Gabriel hasn't proven it yet

Id love Embolo at Spurs but I think he moves to Germany and also would probably prefer Batman at this point, dont think they buy both

Pep interested in bringing in Toni Kroos to Man City

Leicester want to bring in Deeney to replace Vardy

Man U close to signing Bailly from Villarreal

Nainngolan has confirmed Chelsea are interested in bringing him in

Zidane makes Pogba his main target

Barcelona step up interest in Pjanic

Arsenal want Vardy signed by Euros, Leicester has apparently offered him in a new deal as well

De Gea has almost no chance of leaving Man U

Man U and MAn City both battling it out for Batman

Back