Summer of Lebron, 2014

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
That's just stupid. So you give Kobe max contract - a player that wants to compete right now and will go crazy if Lakers will tank and that do everything to build a good team in 2016???? Why not just sign Kobe to smaller contract or not sign him at all and do the rebuilding this season already???

Also, again, Morey signed both Lin and Asik to backloaded contracts and now, when it's time to pay the price, he just moves them. He is a genius, no doubt, but how dumb other GM's have to be???

That's on Kobe, not Lakers management. Why couldn't he have taken less than a max contract in order for the team to be competitive this year? It's all on Kobe in this case.

No. Kobe wants to get paid + to be a champion. I think that 100% of people in the world would want that. It's on management to explain that he has to choose and on them to tell him that they want resign him for that much money or that they will resign him, but will tank the next two seasons or what ever...

I'm 100% sure that Kobe wouldn't resign if he had known that Lin would be Lakers biggest move and for so much money...

I mean, even if they resign Pau and Kobe is 100% healthy, this is a borderline playoff team, not even remotely close to be a contender.

Kobe thought they will get Love, Carmelo, maybe someone else or just make a strong roster for him - not Lin....

Firstly, grats Cavs on winning the East. Not a fan of team-hopping though. Dude chasing 'ships with #1 picks and going back to an owner that publicly ripped his ass is somewhat of a bitch move, imo. Whole 'Heatles' era last 4 years is more comedy now regardless of their success.

Firstly, grats Cavs on winning the East. Not a fan of team-hopping though. Dude chasing 'ships with #1 picks and going back to an owner that publicly ripped his ass is somewhat of a bitch move, imo. Whole 'Heatles' era last 4 years is more comedy now regardless of their success.

what would you rather a player do? take the max money like kobe and melo and fuck their teams over and play half-hearted basketball all year?

No. Kobe wants to get paid + to be a champion. I think that 100% of people in the world would want that. It's on management to explain that he has to choose and on them to tell him that they want resign him for that much money or that they will resign him, but will tank the next two seasons or what ever...

I'm 100% sure that Kobe wouldn't resign if he had known that Lin would be Lakers biggest move and for so much money...

I mean, even if they resign Pau and Kobe is 100% healthy, this is a borderline playoff team, not even remotely close to be a contender.

Kobe thought they will get Love, Carmelo, maybe someone else or just make a strong roster for him - not Lin....

sounds like you are a frustrated Lakers fan not used to mediocrity and cant comprehend how players do not want to play for the Lakers

Loving the new avatar dude

sounds like you are a frustrated Lakers fan not used to mediocrity and cant comprehend how players do not want to play for the Lakers

I'm frustrated Lakers fan that not used to mediocrity. But, I can comprehend how players do not want to play for the Lakers.

I don't get why Lakers management signed the most competetive guy in the NBA to max contract and now builds a shitty team around him.

Can't build a good team - tank it. This is absolutely stupid by the Lakers management...

I'm frustrated Lakers fan that not used to mediocrity. But, I can comprehend how players do not want to play for the Lakers.

I don't get why Lakers management signed the most competetive guy in the NBA to max contract and now builds a shitty team around him.

Can't build a good team - tank it. This is absolutely stupid by the Lakers management...

Who do you want them to get this year? You have to spend a certain amount of money to reach the minimum, that's one of the reason they took Lin on, the other it expires
Expiring contracts are valuable

any of these FAs who wants to win a championship, is not going to do it with the Lakers this year. plain and simple.

plus when your best strategy going into Free Agency is to not sign a coach so you can lure a big-time FA, you are pretty f'ed.

That's on Kobe, not Lakers management. Why couldn't he have taken less than a max contract in order for the team to be competitive this year? It's all on Kobe in this case.

I don't know why LA would go and overpay Kobe like they did. It was time to move on from Kobe.
What Kobe is basically going to do is bitch about losing while hoisting up 25 plus shots a game with his eye on the all time scoring record.

And I would give up Wiggins/Bennett for love in a second.
Wiggins is a raw kid and love is a dbl dbl machine who can shoot better than any big in the nba.
No brainer to me.

this rule should apply for every player then by your logic? stick with the team you're drafted to? no FA?

No, not at all. Would Lebron be coming back to Cleveland had Stern not manipulated the draft and given the city multiple #1 picks ? Very unlikely.

It is what it is though and I'm happy to make money off of Cleveland this coming season.

Take it you're still a little bitter about the soccer comments, Monk.

Who do you want them to get this year? You have to spend a certain amount of money to reach the minimum, that's one of the reason they took Lin on, the other it expires
Expiring contracts are valuable

I don't know. Maybe you're right. But in that case, don't resign Kobe.
Right now, Lakers are headed to two years of being in the worst possible place in the league. Places that not good enough to make it to the playoffs and not bad enough to get high picks.
Now we just need to hope that Kobe gets traded or injured...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Kobe, but I'm a Lakers fan first of all and I just don't get Lakers moves, especially since Kobe will just go crazy with this roster...

We will see, maybe Lakers still got some move left in them...

Lakers approached Kobe with the extension after no negotiations. So no, it's not all on Kobe.

Locking Kobe up was the lakers prioritizing business over basketball. That is on them. Putting the onus on Kobe for not rejecting the lakers offer is absurd.

time to close this thread,, lebron made his decision,, move on to the other thread...

Lakers approached Kobe with the extension after no negotiations. So no, it's not all on Kobe.

Locking Kobe up was the lakers prioritizing business over basketball. That is on them. Putting the onus on Kobe for not rejecting the lakers offer is absurd.

Sure, but that's assuming that the Lakers initially offered him what he signed for. You'd have to imagine there was a little back and forth, and that the Lakers initially tried to get him to sign a bit smaller of a contract knowing they also need to be able to surround him with legitimate talent in order to compete in the West. We will probably never know what went on behind the scenes...I would put blame on both sides in this case though...it's not all on Kobe (which I said before and was probably wrong with that assessment), but it's also not all on Lakers' management.

The huge tv deal and need to have a marketable star seems to be the reason. They overpaid no doubt..

They. Can't just tank like other franchises, though it would have probably been the better basketball move. Let him walk or offer him much less

Didnt LeBron tell Miami ...not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8.....

this guy is going back to Cleveland cause he sees Miami is getting weak! So the guy bolts again to a younger team...that now will feature 4, #1 overall picks in the starting 5.

Just saying.

i have a good friend that worked for an insurance firm, left it for a better offer at another, then went back to his old firm for another better offer. he's still my friend and i don't think he's egotistical, a traitor, or anything like that. made a great decision for his career and family.

i have a good friend that worked for an insurance firm, left it for a better offer at another, then went back to his old firm for another better offer. he's still my friend and i don't think he's egotistical, a traitor, or anything like that. made a great decision for his career and family.

After leaving his first firm, did your friend dance across a smoke filled stage with members of his new firm and announce to the world they would be running the insurance game for many, many years ? Then when the honeymoon period was over run back to his old firm when they employed a few exciting up and comers...

...Thought so.

Would never go back to my old girl just cause she got a bigger pair of tits.

BsSmcpZCYAA7jtx.jpg:large

BsSghx0IUAAUFu-.jpg:large

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBetrayl! <a href="http://t.co/DMgP4cawr7">http://t.co/DMgP4cawr7</a></p>&mdash; NBA GIFs (@TheNBAGif) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheNBAGif/statuses/487645522782470144">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Heat left with no choice and hope to build around him in the future..wow...Rockets must be weeping.... will probably match parson now

well if they are going to sign anyone and keep Parsons they only have 1 day

Well they have 1 day to sign Parsons, but they can sign someone else at a later date. Probably not ideal for them, as they clearly wanted Bosh, but they dumped Lin so they have enough room to sign pretty much anyone out there, although there isn't really anyone out there who would have made the impact they felt Bosh would have made.

Back