Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

They should have gone after Hummels 3 seasons ago, was so pissed they settled with Cahill instead

is a tranfer a trade...If I gotta google so be it

wasnt sure if someone could give me just an easy rundown:shake:

is a tranfer a trade...If I gotta google so be it

wasnt sure if someone could give me just an easy rundown:shake:

much more like a sale

they are extremly rarely done player for player, they are player for cash, and like Pyppurs says the player renegotiates a contract

so you will sometimes get in situations where clubs agree to a fee for a player, but the player doesn't agree, so it doesn't go through

or where the new team will want the player to take a pay cut, and in some cases the previous team will cover part of that

doesn't the player get a cut of the transfer fee?

more like the agent.
in brasil there are a lot of people who invest in players so Neymar's sale to Barca cut of that price tag was given to the company that allows for these actions to happen.

One also has to remember you have to pay a price just to even talk with the player so if a fee is not agreed between two clubs and the player is still with the club they have no permission to speak with the buying club.
however some players can try to force a sale if they know a certain club is after them and often ask for a transfer request. Up to the club to accept or decline. If accepted, clubs can no make a bid for the player but usually at a cut price as there's loss in value for a transfer request.

to be honest, I think Spurs look even stronger this year than last, the transfer that have come in have been very quiet no one really talks about them, but they are really really good players.
Surprised Caulker left he's definitely going to be a solid star in the years to come.
They really need to have an unbeaten record or maybe max 2 loss home record

I've read some peeps on the internet saying Spurs should finish below Liverpool and Everton.

My question:

How did Spurs get worse? (Assuming Bale stays)

They added depth at winger, Paulinho, Capoue, Saldado, get Sandro back (might be slow starter), etc

I've read some peeps on the internet saying Spurs should finish below Liverpool and Everton.

My question:

They added depth at winger, Paulinho, Capoue, Saldado, get Sandro back (might be slow starter), etc

Below Everton is an insult, what have they done to make their squad stronger? I always find it hilarious that people think that "oh that manager was able to do so much with very little, therefore now he has more he must be better". Martinez will be judge this year, the expectations of Everton are always top 10 and they have a quality team but quality manager....don't think so

no i'm a football fan and because I have no bias towards them all of a sudden because I like their signings i'm not a closet fan?

Nah, I've sensed a strong favoritism for Spurs out of you dating back through last year. Come out of the closet and embrace it.

My question:

where are you reading that? I've seen a couple publications calling them a sleeper contender for the title (which I think is a bit much). I see them as being solidly entrenched in 4/5th place along with Arsenal.

Without Bale, however, I think that sends them down closer to the Liverpool/Everton level. We'll see if he makes it through the transfer window and stays at Three Point Lane.....

Nah, I've sensed a strong favoritism for Spurs out of you dating back through last year. Come out of the closet and embrace it.

wtf? teams I hate Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham, Birmingham but when it comes to good football if you cannot acknowledge it then you know nothing.
I don't like Chelsea at all because of fans like you because you can't seem to see facts and truth.

So you going to tell the color commentators who praise a certain player or team that they are some how favourites? Gary Neville praising Stevie Gerrard....omg a Man Utd player praising a Liverpool player....give me a break dude

where are you reading that? I've seen a couple publications calling them a sleeper contender for the title (which I think is a bit much). I see them as being solidly entrenched in 4/5th place along with Arsenal.

Without Bale, however, I think that sends them down closer to the Liverpool/Everton level. We'll see if he makes it through the transfer window and stays at Three Point Lane.....

oh...so ok they are rated high then? weird huh

In general on the internet. Just through browsing.

they are a better team this season without Bale than last year with him, but with Bale and maybe 1 more signing possible title contenders

last year when Sandro went down they had no quality replacement, this year they go 4 deep at CM

more depth on the Wings with Chadli/Townsend

biggest potential issue would be a Soldado or Verts injury

Multiple reports saying Pablo Osvaldo (Roma) accepted Southampton's approach and is set to sign for the club today.

The Times says Willian to Spurs could be done tomorrow (up to him now between Spurs/Liverpool and most think AVB gives Spurs edge)

fuck what an attack the Spurs would have...just don't have Defoe leading the attack that fucker couldn't hit a fucking bull eyes 1ft a way

So they buy Willian and send Bale packing for £90 million. Really not too bad, although they just should have sold him in June and taken the whole summer to weigh options.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

Alan Myers
Director of Communication[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

yeah, I heard the bid that United put in for Baines was laughed off. Not sure who the other bid was on though. Had to have been Fellaini tho, no?

So they buy Willian and send Bale packing for £90 million. Really not too bad, although they just should have sold him in June and taken the whole summer to weigh options.

That makes no sense

They then get the city treatment and have to overpay

The lamela rumors wont go away either and baldini met with roma friday

My guess is willian or lamela and they get coentrao for the money madrid owe for luka

Then bale gets sold if they dont get willian or lamela he stays 1 more year

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Scott Parker from Tottenham Hotspur on a three-year deal <a href="http://t.co/5Hs3JQWkQF">http://t.co/5Hs3JQWkQF</a></p>&mdash; Fulham Football Club (@FulhamFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/statuses/369508111028994048">August 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That makes no sense

They then get the city treatment and have to overpay

The lamela rumors wont go away either and baldini met with roma friday

My guess is willian or lamela and they get coentrao for the money madrid owe for luka

Then bale gets sold if they dont get willian or lamela he stays 1 more year

No, it makes perfect sense, you are just now backtracking (yet again) because you know this is a sign that Bale is probably going to be gone soon. They could have sold him for mid 80s in June and spent all summer assessing their options. They're making out pretty well with Willian in the end, but would have had a lot more options had they did this in June. You know, like you said last week.

No, it makes perfect sense, you are just now backtracking (yet again) because you know this is a sign that Bale is probably going to be gone soon. They could have sold him for mid 80s in June and spent all summer assessing their options. They're making out pretty well with Willian in the end, but would have had a lot more options had they did this in June. You know, like you said last week.

no, I am not, RM didn't start this crap in Marca until late July, if it was June it makes sense, not with a month left and teams knowing they are desperate

once they sell Bale the prices of players this summer go up 20%, it's somewhat the same thing that Arsenal are dealing with now (people know they have to buy)

I said 3 weeks ago

f they dont have enough time to invest the money properly it makes no sense

if it makes the team worse than they potentially lose 30-40m the next year with no CL

since selling in June wasn't an option, now they may have made a deal with RM that you can get Bale after we spend the money, before teams start viewing them as desperate and overcharging

or it could just be spending, to this point they have done around 40m net spent this season, reports earlier this summer were that they had 50m for this window, and then last week the telegraph said that had been raised by another 30m because the owners were pleased with AVB turning down PSG and the direction of the club

so if they buy Lamela or Willian they may keep Bale

Raphael Honingstein said on Football Weekly last week he had heard Baldini (Spurs DoF) was letting agents know 2-3 weeks ago that they were going to be coming in to some money soon and were looking for players, and that last week he heard from that agents that the talk had died down, meaning they dont expect Bale money soon

yeah, I heard the bid that United put in for Baines was laughed off. Not sure who the other bid was on though. Had to have been Fellaini tho, no?

ya it was Fellani

Fellani makes a ton of sense to slot in beside Carrick, Baines makes less, he's all ready 28 and Buttner/Fabio are at the club and they have to be expecting 1 of them will progress to be a capable starter

Evra has at least 2 years left IMO, so why spent 15m on Baines, when you don't 'need' a LB replacement for at least 2 more years, and at that point Baines is 30

I think Baines right now is better than Evra, but it's not a huge difference

bshhw8_caaatiso.jpg

http://www.101greatgoals.com/galler...ad-of-his-spurs-medical/#.UhN9lRgxV2E.twitter

fuck me....Spurs have hands down the best fucking midfield wow. seriously i know it's not a necessity but if they get a holding striker or even a towering striker upfront....they will score at will every game

man utd should fucking cough up the dough and just get felliani, that dude is worth the money. the man utd attack is solid, no probs there. But if they get the towering Belgian he will boss that midfield very well. They don't need a ton of faces they just need quality, Carrick had a great year but if they can some how get him to partner with Felliani, then easily top 3 again for them is in the works.

from a personal stand point there are so many Villa doubters...what the fuck its not like we're aiming for top 5, top 10 is good enough. Play attractive football and have fun. People saying we'll be in relegation dog fight....come on hull, palace, cardiff are all really bad, fulham, sunderland, norwich and newcastle too.

Don't see them winning the prem, but Spurs could finish top 3. Arsenal fans must be fuming.

they certainly have a better chance than Arsenal at CL football. If Bale stays they will be a very very difficult team to beat.

Mark your calenders September 1st, Arsenal vs Spurs, if Spurs win, that will put Wenger's nail in the coffin

So are Spurs going to lose Bale and gain Lamela, Willian, and Contreao?

Holy shit.

Back 4

Paulinho/Sandro/Dembelee

Lennon/Saldado/Willian

With Lamela/Defoe/Siggy/Capoue/Holtby/Carroll/Townshend/Chadli

Crazy

man utd should fucking cough up the dough and just get felliani, that dude is worth the money. the man utd attack is solid, no probs there. But if they get the towering Belgian he will boss that midfield very well. They don't need a ton of faces they just need quality, Carrick had a great year but if they can some how get him to partner with Felliani, then easily top 3 again for them is in the works.

:shake: Seems to make too much sense, will not happen.

Back