Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

:shake: Seems to make too much sense, will not happen.

if it doesn't this will be the most quiet Utd transfer ever. All they need is just one player!!! Cough up the money and just get him. It's crazy, last year just one player, RVP had them win the title. This year, Felliani can do the same. I just don't get why they just don't spend it on him if they did so on RVP?

So are Spurs going to lose Bale and gain Lamela, Willian, and Contreao?

Holy shit.

Back 4

Paulinho/Sandro/Dembelee

Lennon/Saldado/Willian

With Lamela/Defoe/Siggy/Capoue/Holtby/Carroll/Townshend/Chadli

Crazy

The best manager's nightmare, having to pick a starting XI with absolute class players waiting.
Spurs also have a class keeper in Lloris, I'm not so sure about Rose there though, Walker is fantastic, pity to see Caulker leave, he will be an absolute stud. But honestly other than left back I do not see one weak link in Spurs team, I really cannot

The best manager's nightmare, having to pick a starting XI with absolute class players waiting.
Spurs also have a class keeper in Lloris, I'm not so sure about Rose there though, Walker is fantastic, pity to see Caulker leave, he will be an absolute stud. But honestly other than left back I do not see one weak link in Spurs team, I really cannot

They are reportedly getting the LB in return for Bale. And it's crazy the amount of depth they built in 1 transfer window. I like Rose a lot, but he's young and may not be ready just yet. They have some depth at CB, but I also agree on letting Caulker leave.

They are reportedly getting the LB in return for Bale. And it's crazy the amount of depth they built in 1 transfer window. I like Rose a lot, but he's young and may not be ready just yet. They have some depth at CB, but I also agree on letting Caulker leave.

oh fuck Coentrao....shit that's a huge upgrade from Rose lol. Jesus, these fuckers quietly are doing some good business. It's the Jewish in them ;)

Don't see them winning the prem, but Spurs could finish top 3. Arsenal fans must be fuming.

This, although it all depends on how all the new parts mesh, and honestly losing Bale (who is a top 5 player in the world IMO) is never going to be easy.

Also, City and Chelsea are better than Spurs in the MF if/when Bale leaves. But Spurs will still be solid, especially if Mr. Softie Sandro can stay healthy for once.

from a personal stand point there are so many Villa doubters...what the fuck its not like we're aiming for top 5, top 10 is good enough. Play attractive football and have fun. People saying we'll be in relegation dog fight....come on hull, palace, cardiff are all really bad, fulham, sunderland, norwich and newcastle too.

Agree, I see them in the top half of the table this season, especially if Agbonlahor is back to his form from a few seasons ago. I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow, I think him and Benteke will give the racist and Cahill fits back there. Hoping Villa has a hangover from the Gooner game

Agree, I see them in the top half of the table this season, especially if Agbonlahor is back to his form from a few seasons ago. I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow, I think him and Benteke will give the racist and Cahill fits back there. Hoping Villa has a hangover from the Gooner game

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I looked at Villa's opening fixtures and had already counted this as an automatic loss.
Mourinho's first task is and will be to have a perfect record at Stamford Bridge. Villa will not win and if they win it will be by some crazy luck on the counter. If Luiz is at the back villa have a chance but Mourinho's teams are very disciplined and know their roles.

I think Chelsea will score at least 2 but I can see them score 4 on this weak and young villa back line. I would like Okore to start though since he played superb against Chelsea in CL.

But I think this will be an entertaining match and Lambert has made it clear that his squad will be very exciting to watch and play with some pace.

This, although it all depends on how all the new parts mesh, and honestly losing Bale (who is a top 5 player in the world IMO) is never going to be easy.

Also, City and Chelsea are better than Spurs in the MF if/when Bale leaves. But Spurs will still be solid, especially if Mr. Softie Sandro can stay healthy for once.

so many things wrong with this sentence, but the bold is the worst, the absolute worst, guy's a fucking tank, he played in a reserves game last weekend to pick up some fitness

here's what it looked like

1212.gif

Also Chelsea's midfield isn't close sorry

their 3 behind the striker are a bit better, no doubting that

but further back the gap between Paulinho/Dembele/Sandro/Capoue compared to Ramires/Lampard/Obi Mikel is ridiculous

• David Ornstein@bbcsport_david<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">7h</small>
    Arsenal contact from Gazidis, Spurs from Freund. Not followed up yet but Sakho camp want to meet all parties before decision #bbcfootball

Expand

• David Ornstein@bbcsport_david<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">8h</small>
    Spoken to reps of PSG CB Sakho - say Barca, Milan, Arsenal & Tottenham have contacted to express interest. €12m fee, €6m salary #bbcfootball

Also Chelsea's midfield isn't close sorry

their 3 behind the striker are a bit better, no doubting that

but further back the gap between Paulinho/Dembele/Sandro/Capoue compared to Ramires/Lampard/Obi Mikel is ridiculous

Please, the bolded is what we call "laughable homerism". They looked collectively mediocre after Chamakh came on the pitch. LLoris bailed them and the back line out several times the other day. Paulinho wants to go forward too much, Sandro can't stay healthy and Dembele is meh. Capoue won't play when Sandro comes back. You just hate Frank Lampard, which is fine, but he was good going forward last season (look at the number of goals scored, more than anyone in Spurs' MF outside of Bale) and Ramires is a good player no matter what you want to believe. Also, Dutch Bieber has looked great when given a chance, unfortunately he will be forced to sit a lot this year because of Lamps farewell tour. He will be a very good player for years to come.

A bit better LOLOLOLOLOLOL. There is no one in Spurs attacking midfield who approaches the class of Hazard and Mata. Chelsea would not take Sigurdsson, Holtby, or Townsend on a free transfer, none of them are close to good enough to make their roster yet at least one of them will likely be starting every game for Spurs this season. Actually, the only player in Spurs AMF who would even make Chelsea's team is Willian, Lennon is one note and can't stay healthy.

so many things wrong with this sentence, but the bold is the worst, the absolute worst, guy's a fucking tank, he played in a reserves game last weekend to pick up some fitness

here's what it looked like

1212.gif

How many matches has he missed due to injury since signing with Spurs? I don't know but I would venture to guess that he has been hurt for more games than he has actually played in.

you're missing the point

I said Chelsea's 3 behind the striker were better if Bale leaves

but just like you said, Oscar/Mata/Hazard are better than anyone from Spurs there minus Willian (again if Bale leaves)

no one from Chelsea would start in the '3' of a 4-'3'-3 or the '2' of a 4-'2'-3-1 for Spurs ahead of the 4 I listed

Ramires is a good player, doesn't change that he would be 5th in line

Please, the bolded is what we call "laughable homerism". They looked collectively mediocre after Chamakh came on the pitch. LLoris bailed them and the back line out several times the other day. Paulinho wants to go forward too much, Sandro can't stay healthy and Dembele is meh. Capoue won't play when Sandro comes back. You just hate Frank Lampard, which is fine, but he was good going forward last season (look at the number of goals scored, more than anyone in Spurs' MF outside of Bale) and Ramires is a good player no matter what you want to believe. Also, Dutch Bieber has looked great when given a chance, unfortunately he will be forced to sit a lot this year because of Lamps farewell tour. He will be a very good player for years to come.

A bit better LOLOLOLOLOLOL. There is no one in Spurs attacking midfield who approaches the class of Hazard and Mata. Chelsea would not take Sigurdsson, Holtby, or Townsend on a free transfer, none of them are close to good enough to make their roster yet at least one of them will likely be starting every game for Spurs this season. Actually, the only player in Spurs AMF who would even make Chelsea's team is Willian, Lennon is one note and can't stay healthy.

Several times is a huge stretch. They had 1-2 legit chances the entire match. 5 shots total.

Just curious, how many of Lampards goals were penalties?

I don't think one of the 3 are starting every game for Spurs:

Bale/Lennon/Saldado

Dembelee/Sandro/Paulinho

If not Bale, substitute Willian and/or Lamela.

Siggurdson, Holtby, and Townsend are just depth and Townsend is behind Chadli.

I would say assuming both have a 4-2-3-1 ish lineup, that Spurs are well behind in the 3 behind the striker, but are well ahead in the 2 in front of the defense.

I think you miss the point, you can have all the class players you want but if they don't fit the system the manager wants then so be it. Chelsea is filled with all older players, heck Mata is not even on Mourinhos plans not because he isn't good it's cause Mourinho has an idea of how he wants to play. His Real Madrid side had a lot of class but why were they a disaster last year? Chemistry.

"Paulinho wants to go forward too much" that's his job dude, that is why you have Sandro and Dembele. You really think Obi Mikel or Essien are a better options? Heck Lampard wants to go forward too much. Can tell you the only reason why Lampard is still even a Chelsea player is Mourinho's choice, does that make him far superior to that of Paulinho or Willian? No

Also for you to make comments about how Tottenham played on the weekend is a bit of an irony because Chelsea only won 2-0 and did the same Mourinho shit, boring stuff. Get the win and move on. There was nothing exciting about the way Chelsea played whatsoever. Spurs did what they needed to do to win. Man Utd did a better job getting a convincing win on the road even.

Bottom line, Mourinho has always had strong midfield and they disguise how bad their strikers and defenders are.

Sky italy journo gianluca di marzio says roma/spurs agreed on 30m for lamela

Working out potential bonuses and commisions now

[h=1]Karim Benzema & Angel Di Maria: Arsenal target Real Madrid pair[/h]
Arsenal almost went the whole summer without being linked to Benzema lol. The article is a long stretch, but if Bale goes to RM, Di Maria is certainly up for grabs.

The funnoest part of the article was Wengers quote

"The transfer market really starts now, a lot of activity will happen between now and 2 September. We have 12 days. A lot will happen. It starts now."

hahhahahaha god so pathetic, one day he says oh we should make sure the transfer market stops before season starts and now he has 12 days. Joke. Hope they over pay for has beens

was this morning from sky italia
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Baldini (general manager of <a href="https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial">@SpursOfficial</a>) in Madrid to close <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bale&amp;src=hash">#Bale</a> with <a href="https://twitter.com/realmadrid">@realmadrid</a>. Only cash (£93M) without Coentrao, in this moment.</p>&mdash; Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) <a href="https://twitter.com/dimarzio/statuses/370203145345196032">August 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gareth Bale's move to Real nears as Franco Baldini arrives in Madrid [The Guardian]

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

if you take the rumored 93m for Bale

Willian (30)
Soldado (26)
Lamela (30)
Paulinho (17)
Capoue (9)
Chadli (7)

that's 119m spent

Bale (93)
Huddlestone (5)
Parker (4)
Dempsey (6)
Caulker (8)

116m brought in

and the rumor for Coentrao is that he's just going to be used to cover the money Madrid owe for Modric still

so with 3m net spending they have improved the team incredibly, and also with Gallas and Bentley going on free transfers the wages probably haven't taken a large jump either as both were on quite high

improved every grouping

back 4 is better with Coentrao
Midfield is one of the best in Europe
Soldado is the 20+ goal striker we have needed since Berba

As I said earlier the rumor was the Lewis/Levy had set aside 50m to spend this summer, so they could either bank that for January or add it to next year, or still go after a CB (Sakho or Alderwereild) and maybe a Pjanic or an Eriksen too

also after Wenger said this is the time for deals and it starts now, someone at the guardian pointed out that with 2 weeks left in the window historically 80% of the deals in a transfer window had been made

selling Benzema makes no sense either

I assume with Bale they move CR7 to a false 9 and go with a front 4 of Ronaldo, Bale, Ozil, Isco

but that just leaves Morata as the only senior team capable striker

same with Di Maria, after those 4 the only backups to play in the front 4 are Di Maria, Jese, Kaka

They can't even use Modric there for the next 3 months because he's their only deep lying playmaker with Alonso injured

I dont see them selling either of them, would leave them too thin

oh I forgot Halilovic, it's not done yet, but he's 15m and he gets loaned out because of EU rules until he's 18 next summer

to add to the Lamela stuff, his gf tweeted that when he ran out at the Roma squad unveiling today

"this is a Farce"

and his brother said he's going to Spurs on twitter too

Spurs have replaced Bale, Dempsey, Caulker, Huddlestone and Parker with Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue, Willian and Lamela with virtually no increase in spending.

Holy crap.

So, do they add a LB and CB and call it a day?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Albion boost their attacking options by signing Man City winger <a href="https://twitter.com/Scotty_Sinclair">@scotty_sinclair</a> on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wba&amp;src=hash">#wba</a></p>&mdash; WBAFCofficial (@WBAFCofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/WBAFCofficial/statuses/370572964929875968">August 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back