START'em or SIT'em - Year Long Fantasy Thread

It's the first week of playoffs and my team sucks. Standard scoring and I need 2 RB and 2 flex:

I have Ellington and Jennings - both could be out, but are at least GTD's.

The rest:
J Stewart @ NO
L Miller vs Balt
S Jackson @ GB
S Bailey @ Wash
D Moncrief @ Cle

Yea, I'm not sure how I made the playoffs either.

I'd leave off Jackson hoping Bailey keeps it going.

I can also pick up Chris Ivory @ Minny. If so, who should I sit from the above?

ok guys trying to win my league without a top rb. pick two from this group of bums

Stephen jax @GB

Sproles vs Hawks

McKinnon vs Jets (he may not play)

Latavius Murray vs 49ers

I picked up andre williams in case Jennings can't go, and CJ2K is on the waiver wire. damn my wrs better crush

Mckinnon placed on ir. Kill me

Should Julius Thomas owners expect him to be out again?

They are saying the decision is up to him. I have to make a decision as well. Fortunately I have Fleener. Unfortunately he plays at noon, so I think I'm going to play Fleener to be safe.

Imo, I wouldn't take the chance unless you have a viable option at or after the 3 pm games.

I'd keep everyone I suggested unless you want to switch out Bailey for Ivory.

I kept Bailey in and took out edleman (he's be meh lately). I took out Moncrief and put Jennings in since they're saying he'll play and it's a dream matchup. And I took out Jackson and put in Ivory.

Should Julius Thomas owners expect him to be out again?

I'd have a back up plan in place. But with this being a division match up, I think he will play. He could have played last week, but he wasn't needed because DEN knew their game plan would be run heavy.

Hopefully you started Ryan. And if you advanced, there is no doubt he IS the QB play this week. Steelers D is god awful. Only idiotic coaches who stop throwing against the Steelers can stop the QB.

Strategy question.

Have J. Thomas and Fleener. Considering that my opponent has Luck, and Thomas hasn't played in three weeks, would you start Fleener?

Strategy question.

Have J. Thomas and Fleener. Considering that my opponent has Luck, and Thomas hasn't played in three weeks, would you start Fleener?

I'd play Thomas. Considering he could have played last week, I think he should be at full strength or near full strength this week.

Team getting ravaged by injuries going into the Semifinal game

Ellington and Shoelace - done for the year. Torrey Smith doubtful to play - dropped him.

PPR

WR/TE - Pick 1
Harry Douglas vs PIT
Donte Moncrief vs HOU
Marquess Wilson vs NO

or waiver wider add like - Marques Lee or Allen Hurns @ BAL?

Im hoping Julio Jones sits and Douglas is healthy, if thats not the case then what do you do?

Team getting ravaged by injuries going into the Semifinal game

Ellington and Shoelace - done for the year. Torrey Smith doubtful to play - dropped him.

PPR

WR/TE - Pick 1
Harry Douglas vs PIT
Donte Moncrief vs HOU
Marquess Wilson vs NO

or waiver wider add like - Marques Lee or Allen Hurns @ BAL?

Im hoping Julio Jones sits and Douglas is healthy, if thats not the case then what do you do?

Cant answer this until all the injury status' are finalized. But it looks like Jones is trending towards OUT or GTD because he hasn't been practicing. With the high o/u in that game, I'm all over Douglas as a top-20 WR if Jones is out.

Would you guys start Golden Tate vs Minny or Kenny Stills vs Chicago?

Tate will probably get 5 pts…at least Stills has potential to go off vs this Bears D?

So I'm torn. Gonna lay it out and you tell me what you think.

QB
Cutler
Big Ben (start)

RB
Forte (start)
Kerwyn Williams (start)
Asiata
Doug Martin
Sankey
Stephan Taylor

WR
Dez (start)
Emmanuel Sanders (start)
Cobb (start)
Mike Evans

TE
Gates (start)

D
Cardinals (start)
Dolphins

10-3 regular season and bye. Need to close this shit out. Please share your thoughts or disagreements.

QB
Cutler
Big Ben (start)

RB
Forte (start)
Kerwyn Williams (start)
Asiata
Doug Martin
Sankey
Stephan Taylor

WR
Dez (start)
Emmanuel Sanders (start)
Cobb (start)
Mike Evans

TE
Gates (start)

D
Cardinals (start)
Dolphins

10-3 regular season and bye. Need to close this shit out. Please share your thoughts or disagreements.

looks tough. I wouldnt want to start Kerwynn but hard not to based on the rest of your options. Dont think you should be too concerned sitting Evans given your other WRs

Would anyone here seriously consider sitting AJ Green facing Joe Haden for one of the two below :

Moncrief vs HOU
Marquess Wilson vs NO

Would anyone here seriously consider sitting AJ Green facing Joe Haden for one of the two below :

Moncrief vs HOU
Marquess Wilson vs NO

I wouldn't. I go by the rule of never sit a top player under any circumstances. It will bite you on occasion but a top guy will produce no matter who is guarding him.

I wouldn't. I go by the rule of never sit a top player under any circumstances. It will bite you on occasion but a top guy will produce no matter who is guarding him.

i get that. im more of a stats guy and have been on the wrong side of sticking with my guy and not a couple of times this year (more injury related though).

this is what Im most concerned about how poorly Green has played in his last 3 games vs Haden : something like 12 receptions for 81 yards and zero touchdowns, on 30 targets. thats just disgusting.

i get that. im more of a stats guy and have been on the wrong side of sticking with my guy and not a couple of times this year (more injury related though).

this is what Im most concerned about how poorly Green has played in his last 3 games vs Haden : something like 12 receptions for 81 yards and zero touchdowns, on 30 targets. thats just disgusting.

I always stick by my philosophy, because it will work as much as it doesn't. I guess what I'm saying is stay consistent with whatever your philosophy may be.

I'm more with renew. I sat shady last week and it paid off. shit a few years back I started Jones-Drew AND Fred Taylor in the playoffs against the 32nd ranked Indy rush D with other better week to week options, but I don't like either of those options enough to sit AJ

fantasy question here..in playoffs now gotta start 1 of these RB's non ppr : donald brown, branden oliver (if matthews is out) , bishop sankey, or doug martin

I'm more with renew. I sat shady last week and it paid off. shit a few years back I started Jones-Drew AND Fred Taylor in the playoffs against the 32nd ranked Indy rush D with other better week to week options, but I don't like either of those options enough to sit AJ

I'm talking about 1s not the 15th rb vs the 24th.

QB
Cutler
Big Ben (start)

RB
Forte (start)
Kerwyn Williams (start)
Asiata
Doug Martin
Sankey
Stephan Taylor

WR
Dez (start)
Emmanuel Sanders (start)
Cobb (start)
Mike Evans

TE
Gates (start)

D
Cardinals (start)
Dolphins

Evans over Cobb

Is it shady that a guy playing in the losers bracket is still making waiver wire claims?

Why is there a losers bracket to begin with? I'm assuming they aren't playing for anything monetary, so what's the point? I wouldn't blame the guy who's making moves as much as the person who decided to have a losers bracket in your fantasy league.

Oliver or Boom or vereen PPR.

With Ndamukong Flu going through the team should I start Balty D instead of the Leo's?

Last edited:
Why is there a losers bracket to begin with? I'm assuming they aren't playing for anything monetary, so what's the point? I wouldn't blame the guy who's making moves as much as the person who decided to have a losers bracket in your fantasy league.
I don't think its right . I told my commissioner to freeze those teams

J. Bell v. Vikes or J. Stewart v. Bucs at RB, standard scoring (no ppr), pick one … All lists seem to have Bell ranked at least slightly higher. Both coming off big games with attractive match-ups. Can anyone make a case for Stewart? Williams is out again, and Cam's out of course.

Back