Stanley Cup Futures

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
5dimes has em out... if the odds are any indication of the early lines... there will be some good value with Minny, Vancouver and St Loo IMO. And fade value with the Flyers, Avs, Detroit

I personally have played SJ, Buffalo and Calgary :cheers:

Ottawa Senators +700
Detroit Red Wings +750
Carolina Hurricanes 11/1
New Jersey Devils 11/1
San Jose Sharks 15/1
Philadelphia Flyers 15/1
Buffalo Sabres 15/1
Calgary Flames 15/1
Dallas Stars 15/1
Anaheim Mighty Ducks 18/1
Colorado Avalanche 21/1
Nashville Predators 22/1
Vancouver Canucks 23/1
Tampa Bay Lightning 24/1
NY Rangers 24/1
Montreal Canadiens 25/1
Edmonton Oilers 29/1
Toronto Maple Leafs 37/1
Atlanta Thrashers 39/1
Boston Bruins 45/1
Florida Panthers 47/1
Minnesota Wild 48/1
Los Angeles Kings 50/1
Phoenix Coyotes 50/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 60/1
NY Islanders 67/1
Pittsburgh Penguins 100/1
Washington Capitals 100/1
St. Louis Blues 140/1
Chicago Blackhawks 140/1

I'm convinced one day the Coyotes are going to have a good team. They have talent pouring out their ears all over the roster, except in goal I suppose.

NickFazekas said:
i think they meant avs 21 to 1 to make the playoffs lol.

:an_roll_laugh:

Coyotes have some great depth now... I cant figure out the direction they are going though, one minute its youth and speed, the next minute they are adding Owen Nolan. Dont get it really, but they have guys like Doan, Nagy, nice additions with Jovo. COuld be some good spots. But like you said, never a good thing when your goalie is nearing 40:down:

Thought Calgary would be in the 11-13:1 range.

Looking over it more, Boston is alot better than 45:1 would indicate same with MOntreal at 25:1, Islanders are alot worse than 67:1.

If Lundqvist can repeat last season, Rangers have some good value.

Preseason right around the corner:cheers:

Yanks26Sox6 said:
Santa,
liquidnoose will for sure be all over the SJ play as well.

I wish I could bet on my team and still have a realistic shot... just look at my avatar :36_11_6:

tell me about it

Santacapper said:
I wish I could bet on my team and still have a realistic shot... just look at my avatar :36_11_6:

i'd jsut like the see the Queens in the playoffs again...

Yanks26Sox6 said:
i'd jsut like the see the Queens in the playoffs again...

Goign to be tough, but the 7-10 rankings in the West should be real close and they could sneak in. Need to stay healthy in the pipes and win some division games, which is hard because I think the rest made greater strides this year with the exception of maybe Dallas, and they are already a solid playoff team... except when the playoffs come around with Turcon in net :spank:

Wonder what the justification is on DET odds being so low. This is gonna be an average year at best IMO unless Dom can play 60-65 games

B.A.R. said:
Wonder what the justification is on DET odds being so low. This is gonna be an average year at best IMO unless Dom can play 60-65 games

BAR - come season total time, I will be hitting that Detroit under pretty hard. Whole division got better... if anything Hockey Town got worse IMO, Whens the last time Hasek played a season. Of course losing Stevie Y puts a huge hurt on their locker room presence and leader. Still will be a 'decent year' for them with the lines they can roll out, but no way would I peg them as the pre-season fave

Exactly my thoughts Santa

Holland was already talking about maybe being happy with a lower playoff seed. They just don't have what it takes to make a run in playoffs. The regular season will be bumpy as well.

I am glad you posted this. I will await futures and place a wager on the under as well.:smiley_acbe:

Being a team like detroit they are always 'the hunted' and the rest of the division now has the guns to really be the 'hunter' this season.

Some other win totals I will play based on what I think they come out at in relation to the Cup odds is MInny over, St Louis over, Ottawa undermoney;

Throw a fucking dart at the board to see who wins the cup any more.

I guess you have to have a hot goalie and thats about the only requirement.

I think carolina was like 80 to 1 when the first futures got posted last season.

Nick - play more futures for hedging guaranteed profit more than anything. not going to throw my money on teams i dont see making the playoffs to win the cup. Sets itself up nice to make$ when the seedings become clearer money;

Be interesting to see Luongo in a Canucks jersey for sure Brar. Think losing Jovo will hurt them in the long run with the speed from the blue line. Naslund will have to gel again with the fresh start.

Never been a fan of Vigneault though :down:

RE-vamped stanley cup lines on 5Dimes, not much change save for a few

Stanley Cup
Sun 9/17 1:00PM (EST)

Ottawa Senators +825
Detroit Red Wings +950
Carolina Hurricanes +1100
New Jersey Devils +1200
Calgary Flames +1350
Philadelphia Flyers +1400
Buffalo Sabres +1450
San Jose Sharks +1450