Stanley Cup Finals : Preview / Discussion / In-Game (Predators / Penguins)

Hoping it goes 7

Nashville has been the better team 85% of the time but I expect Sid to takeover a game at some point, he kind of did today in the first 30 minutes but guentzel missed all the open nets

I hope it goes 7 too...

I almost put a few peanuts on the 'Nashville to win 4-2 +1600' before Game 3 but sissied out...:hang:

Wow that's crazy and also reminds me how much money I made with Pavel Bure playing Sega Hockey in college

word....NHL 95 Bruins with Oates, Neely, Smolinsky, Borque, and Iafrate was the shit....still play it, lol

bum I remember going HAM with Buffalo...Hawerchuk, Lafontaine and Mogilny was fast as shit. And of course Dominator in goal...man just a trip down memory lane

Mogilny was fast as a shark, maybe the fastest in the game....the Blues were good too with Hull, Shanahan, Janney, and MacInnis with Cujo in goal, lol....a lot of fun playin' that game

I always had to play the Blues, school in Missouri...man I was a shitty student but Sega hockey and golf, think I held the belt for a year or two with Buffalo and TPC Scottsdale. No idea I'd move here lol

Tsn talking up a potential Letang return

That would be interesting....

25 minutes a night where pens d wouldn't be a tire fire

No word about Letang in Pittsburgh so far. Guy they need back is Bonino. Their center strength needs three to be effective.

lol KJ, don't even get me started on PGA Tour II....that game's the reason I got a Sega....got all those old games emulated on the pc

No word about Letang in Pittsburgh so far. Guy they need back is Bonino. Their center strength needs three to be effective.

dont think the TSN Video will show in the states but this is what Dreger said

With the Penguins' defence banged up, is there any chance that we could see Kris Letang suit up at some point in the series? TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger explains why there is a "slight chance"

i hate to say it but it looks like the long grind of trying to defend the cup may finally be catching up to us... too many injuries and the stars we have left just may be running out of steam... sucks getting back to the finals and playing so well at home to get up 2-0, but these past two games on the road we've looked slow... nashville looks to be playing with a lot of emotion and adrenaline and on top of that catching a few breaks along the way... just read that gm 5 winners hoist the cup around 70% of the time, so this next game will really be huge

i like the preds to finish this in 6.... the penguins just dont look that great passed crosby from the little hockey i watched

i hate to say it but it looks like the long grind of trying to defend the cup may finally be catching up to us... too many injuries and the stars we have left just may be running out of steam... sucks getting back to the finals and playing so well at home to get up 2-0, but these past two games on the road we've looked slow... nashville looks to be playing with a lot of emotion and adrenaline and on top of that catching a few breaks along the way... just read that gm 5 winners hoist the cup around 70% of the time, so this next game will really be huge

Yeah, and of course the team that goes up 2-0 in the final has won 85% of the time as well...

Series:
Nashville Predators +115
Pittsburgh Penguins -135

Game 5:
Nashville Predators +130 +1.5 -245
Pittsburgh Penguins -150 -1.5 +205

o5.5 +115
u5.5 -135

Given there has yet to be a one goal game in this series, it's tempting to take Pitt -1.5 then on the flip side Preds in regulation. Does leave you vulnerable to getting fucked in both ends but if recent history repeats one of these should hit.

?

they got outplayed badly in both

that is the issue with the Pens tonight

At first thought I want to take them to win, being at home with 2 days off in a bounce back

but they've been getting crushed, especially because of the makeshift defense, can you trust them to just turn the switch on when they have been so thoroughly outplayed and only won because of some unsustainable shooting percentage

it's not a situation where nashville has eeked out 2 wins

Chicago and St.Louis played them closer and lost in 4 and 5 game series

but because they have probably the 3 best finishers on the ice, I have a weird feeling Pitt wins tonight

Yeah, I agree with Teeed on this one, Mogo. They had 20 good minutes max in game 1 and 2 combined...but in those 20 they were awesome and Rinne was absolutely mediocre at best.

This series is so bizarre in that in this sport home ice usually doesn't mean so much...Rinne did a 180 in 3 and 4.

Tomorrow is going to be a fascinating game...Pitt now facing some adversity and Murray's glove side got exposed BADLY. If Pitt doesn't step it up for 5, unless Rinne goes back to being as sub-par as he was in 1 and 2, they're in for some trouble.

Very interesting series though, even for as weird as it has been IMO.

?

they got outplayed badly in both

true, i guess that wasn't too accurate... they played well at home for a few stretches where they got enough goals for the win... whether that was us playing like we can and should be, or rinne shitting the bed could be debated... if they play closer to full games like they did in those stretches they should get the win... i really do think fatigue may have caught up with us, but with 2 days rests and getting home ice with a home crowd, i hope they can get rejuvenated... if they lose tomorrow, i think we have a very low possibility of winning on the road in gm 6 in nashville.

Geno%2BBingo%2B.gif

we couldn't have asked for a better 1st pd....

Atleast there is CMA Fest & Bonnaroo this weekend in Nashville.
And the Cup will probably be raised Here sun to end the weekend

Series:
Nashville Predators +315
Pittsburgh Penguins -380

Game 6:
Nashville Predators -125 -1.5 +240
Pittsburgh Penguins +105 +1.5 -280

o5.5 +110
u5.5 -130

Got some Preda series bets +145 and +400....hedged a tad before G5. I think Nashville gets a win tonight and forces a game 7.

Back