Stanley Cup Finals : Preview / Discussion / In-Game (Predators / Penguins)

Really enjoyed the game

Yep, was a pretty damn good game. Pitt exploded for 5 minutes to start the 3rd which was awesome to watch (as they were at home and playoff crowds are the best), there was some rough stuff, and just an overall pretty tight game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">a predators fan should try throwing a goalie on the ice</p>&mdash; evgeni malkin's ego (@EvgeniMaIkinEgo) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvgeniMaIkinEgo/status/870105818523459588">June 1, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
a predators fan should try throwing a goalie on the ice
— evgeni malkin's ego (@EvgeniMaIkinEgo) June 1, 2017
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hahaha. Perfect.
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'll be on the Preds tomorrow night simply because I feel they are due. Their PK has been outstanding, they're blocking shots & they're moving the puck well. If they can put together a full 60 minutes & their goalie can get his head out of his ass they will take game 3. I'm NOT taking them due to home ice. I feel this is a sport where home ice is over-rated. Yes knowing the bounce of the boards is key but the fans are loud regardless of who has the puck. Neither team can hear the goalie telling his D if someone is hot on his ass or not, neither team can hear a partner behind him yelling to drop the puck. Unlike in football where the crowd quiets down so their offense can focus, hockey changes hands too quickly.

I think the line drops from the current -140. Should I lose tomorrow, I'll start my Penguins chase to win the series & make up for the loss. If only women were as easy to figure out as 3-0 series chases.

I'd lean preds

I disagree on home ice though I think it's going to be a factor in the 1st period on the emotion alone, after that I don't think it's a huge effect and if anything if the game is tight might go against them with a tense crowd.

But in general it's more based on the fact Nashville has outplayed Pittsburgh for around 110 out of 120 minutes so far

Might look at some 1st period stuff too because I think they start the game, in the immortal words of Ilya Bryzgalov, like gorillas coming out of a cage

Very underappreciated day for the sports snobs, CL final, USMNT, Stanley Cup finals, US U20 WC quarters, UFC in Brazil, NCAA baseball, softball WS...the Memorial...tons going on

Oh and the local club got no-hit

Preds were due. Hoping for the split on th road and then win the cup at home.

Monday does have a good recipe for a hangover for the Preds.
I REALLY would like to have a Gm6 on Sat.
This city will be incredible that day. CMA Fest, concerts all day & Nissian Stadium, concerts set up all over the city, a Gm 6 @The Stone. It will be more electric than last night.

Alright, will be a little surprised if this doesn't hit

Pens tt o2.5 -110 3*
Pens/Preds o5.5 +123

Open this mf up

Series:
Nashville Predators +210
Pittsburgh Penguins -250

Game 4:
Nashville Predators -140 -1.5 +210
Pittsburgh Penguins +120 +1.5 -250

o5.5 +110
u5.5 -130

for being country singers, i feel like dierks and martina mcbride were awful... jeff jimmerson for life

i didnt know you could hit the goalies glove with your stick like that...

Lol at the Ryan brothers. I walked right by them when they were sitting out front at that bar. hahahahahahah. They were just shooting the shit with people too.

Oh, and Barry Melrose knows how to have a good time. just sayin'

Nashville is fucking awesome. I will definitely go back. So many great bars and bands and the bachelorette parties were in full force all weekend.

Nashville is fucking awesome. I will definitely go back. So many great bars and bands and the bachelorette parties were in full force all weekend.

agreed, insane how many there are. all tipsy and shaking their asses

that was weird, can they do that 5 minutes after the game's over?

If it's the goal

They can do it as long as there hasn't been another whistle, like NFL replay with the next play

There have been times where it went in and wasn't whistled and play went on for 5+ minutes, players fought, goals were scored, penalties taken etc. If the puck goes in they go back to that time and everything that happened in between never happened

Wow that's nuts. So if something like that happens, then an empty netter a couple minutes later...they just wipe it out and start from the original goal?

Hoping it goes 7

Nashville has been the better team 85% of the time but I expect Sid to takeover a game at some point, he kind of did today in the first 30 minutes but guentzel missed all the open nets

Wow that's nuts. So if something like that happens, then an empty netter a couple minutes later...they just wipe it out and start from the original goal?

Happened in 94 finsls with goal wiped out

Go to 30:30 here

[video=youtube;n-cGmNNsMAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-cGmNNsMAM[/video]

Wow that's crazy and also reminds me how much money I made with Pavel Bure playing Sega Hockey in college

Back