st pete

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
2014 (37-50) +19.56
2015 (26-45) +1.19

Averaging starting position for the winner is 4.36, so qualify well. Average cautions per is 4.45, and there are 6.55 lead changes per. Lot of changes again this year, and I expect Honda to be more competitive with the changes in the aero kits, but that remains to be seen. I do like the added 20 hp on the push to pass. I could ramble on forever, but the short version is that we will have to be learning quickly ( like last year) and I would expect a tough grind in stead of a +20 unit year. Proceed with caution.

Power - 5 poles, 2 wins, 4 top 5's and 7 top 10's in 8 attempts and you know why he is the short fav (+375) His average start/finish?? (2.1/5.4) Put me down for the -125 against Montoya.

Kanaan - with 8 top 5's in 11 efforts I was excited to see who they would match him up with, and they didn't. Go figure. My first what the fuck ever comment for the year with many more to come. (4.9/6.1)

Helio - 3 wins and 8 top 5's in 10 starts (4.9/5.8)

Dixon - no wins but 5 top 5's and 6 top 10's (7.8/9.8)

Marco has been running at the finish (RAF) in only 5 of his 10 efforts here, but considering he is matched up with Munoz who has only managed an average finish of 15.5 in his only two here, i'll pass.

I will probably tread lightly the first couple of races until we get a feel for things, but don't be shocked if I go all crackhead on you either. Practice starts tomorrow, so just the one play so far.

something else while its on my mind. At some point during the season you will see Sato running some blistering times during practice, and you'll see me bite on a +6600 on him. Do NOT do this for any reason. He has one career win and has only been RAF in 62 of his 102 career starts.

nice to see Filippi in the Sonny BBQ car, made me think of Wilson in Texas in 2012 burning off the tires in his last victory. One can hope, right?

more later....

And Power crashes 5 laps into the first practice session. I was watching it and something broke, it was not driver error. Not a great start to the weekend, damnit.

WAs clearly wrong on the no driver error on Power, my apologies. Pick a better time to adjust your brake bias, sir. Still no TK matchup?? Sad man. Got Filippi +5500 for .01 merely out of respect for the respect due. Let's Pick up a unit and get a cheap education. Always a clean safe blistering pace (handshake)

Apparently Power has a stomach bug and Servia will run the car for the warm up this morning. Mental note that if Servia has to fill in for the race, he starts dead last. Might want to avoid this situation . Race might be wet as well. Might be a day to hit some long shots

Back