****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

I like Payet but he had one great season let's wait some more time. Ibra great but disappears in lots of big games

Mate that WC qualifier between Sweden and Portugal will be one of my all time faves even though I was pulling for Sweden...that was an epic match and he's got literally nothing around him...yet it became Ibra vs Ronaldo and well Portugal won in the end. But just a tad more talent around Ronaldo

Mate that WC qualifier between Sweden and Portugal will be one of my all time faves even though I was pulling for Sweden...that was an epic match and he's got literally nothing around him...yet it became Ibra vs Ronaldo and well Portugal won in the end. But just a tad more talent around Ronaldo

Yes I remember, qualifying play-offs 4-3 for Portugal in that game I think. nice duel with Cristiano! Eager to see if Ibra can do it in a big game tomorrow

Yes I remember, qualifying play-offs 4-3 for Portugal in that game I think. nice duel with Cristiano! Eager to see if Ibra can do it in a big game tomorrow

Was 3-2 I believe, Cristiano had the hat trick and Ibra had both for Sweden. Seemed like a battle of the titans, epic type shit

Serious question....Mexico quit for sure v Chile...is this just US w horrid fundamentals or being totally outmatched talent wise...don't think they've quit IMO...thoughts?

Serious question....Mexico quit for sure v Chile...is this just US w horrid fundamentals or being totally outmatched talent wise...don't think they've quit IMO...thoughts?

They haven't quit. It's a talent disparity. Argy is as good as it gets worldwide right now. Other sides could have done this to the US, but probably not as easily right now.

Been pissed if I went to this and didn't even get to see Kun touch the pitch other than warmups and hugs

It's unfortunate that the WC isn't this year for Argy based on this team.

I mean, for those of us watching Euro right now, who beats them?

No one

This is what they should have been 2 years ago and last year in Copa...they just failed to produce offensively

Not so much right now

I think they are better than all the teams I've seen at the Euros, but can't be 100% sure because they haven't really been tested defensively

No one

This is what they should have been 2 years ago and last year in Copa...they just failed to produce offensively

Not so much right now

Right. I mean, the only teams that I think could possibly beat them are in South America and even then I have trouble seeing it right now.

I think they are better than all the teams I've seen at the Euros, but can't be 100% sure because they haven't really been tested defensively

Agreed. And they score.

I mean, I'd put Italy up against them defensively and Italy might be able to hold them to two goals or less, but Argy would still win.

Right. I mean, the only teams that I think could possibly beat them are in South America and even then I have trouble seeing it right now.

Not sure about that, in my opinion the teams that are the bigger threats to Argentina are the ones that are best tactically and those are in Europe I think. I believe they needed overtime against Belgium and Netherlands at the world cup. And lost in overtime in final against Germany

i thought they pretty much dominated Chile w/o Messi, but I still think Chile or Colombia can give them a game. not a foregone conclusion. They can be opened up in the back, just seems like you need 3 goals to beat them

Not sure about that, in my opinion the teams that are the bigger threats to Argentina are the ones that are best tactically and those are in Europe I think. I believe they needed overtime against Belgium and Netherlands at the world cup. And lost in overtime in final against Germany

That Netherlands/Argentina semi- final was terrible

, they play a Germany or France they are going play a little more conservative

i thought they pretty much dominated Chile w/o Messi, but I still think Chile or Colombia can give them a game. not a foregone conclusion. They can be opened up in the back, just seems like you need 3 goals to beat them

I agree. These were the teams I was thinking of in SA.

I hear Gunnar's argument, I'm just not confident enough in the goal scoring capability of any of the teams in Euro right now that they could hang three on Argy to win.

Yeah I forgot everything about that Netherlands-Argentina game it was really shit, as in lots of cases in these last games unfortunately

A brazil with Costa and Neymar is a completely different animal, too bad they didn't play in this tournament

Clhe9C_XIAAFgrX.jpg

Can we 'cap the other semifinal?

Based on this win I'm sort of heavier on Columbia than I thought I'd be. I like them in this game, but now I'm starting to worry just a bit because I have them to finish off like three different tickets.

Can we 'cap the other semifinal?

Based on this win I'm sort of heavier on Columbia than I thought I'd be. I like them in this game, but now I'm starting to worry just a bit because I have them to finish off like three different tickets.

sorry JP, can't help much..I lean Colombia, but just because I think everyone is all over CHile because of the 7-0 thumping of Mexico ( when Mexico gave up in the 50th minute)

I think Chile is the better team and so is rightly slightly favored, but I both haven't seen them play much in this competition yet so can't help much either, should be a close and very good game!

Back