****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Part of the reason I like Columbia is the absence of Arturo Vidal for Chile. This is big for them in the midfield, but I don't know enough about Chile's bench to say how much the drop-off will be.

Also, it's hard as shit to repeat in tourneys like these. I feel like this sets up well for Columbia, especially with Chile coming off a blowout.

That said, South American football is not even close to my wheelhouse.

haha, JK blaming second goal on refs, saying Argentina moved up the free kick 5 yards...hmm he may have a point

that being said, IM shocked Mexico hasn't fired their coach. Their federation gives the least amount of rope out of any in the world

Serious question....Mexico quit for sure v Chile...is this just US w horrid fundamentals or being totally outmatched talent wise...don't think they've quit IMO...thoughts?

Huge talent disparity and horrible mistakes

sorry but Bradley is horrible. So many turnovers. I don't understand JK and his line ups. Wondo? Zusi? Beckerman? What do these guys bring to the game?

Huge talent disparity and horrible mistakes

sorry but Bradley is horrible. So many turnovers. I don't understand JK and his line ups. Wondo? Zusi? Beckerman? What do these guys bring to the game?

You must be used to it by now it's not like JK is a master-tactician and elite manager, Bayern knew it when they let him go.. But for now he's ok I guess until you can find better

You must be used to it by now it's not like JK is a master-tactician and elite manager, Bayern knew it when they let him go.. But for now he's ok I guess until you can find better

It's a joke. Part of it is we don't have the talent.. part of it is him...

How is coming to Phoenix in late June a consolation anyway? 115, it's when shit picks up...party time for these guys

Yes agree. But aside from the talent gap with the top nations, I believe the US will make a step up when a few of their guys can play week in week out against the best in Spain Germany or England, maybe even Italy for the tactical side it wouldn't hurt, and be leaders of their teams in Europe and then can bring this experience and quality to the US team

It is, but hearing him talk after the game tonight it seems like he has perspective on it. He wants to play games like these. He says 'Let's play Brasil,' 'Let's play Argy,' he knows they need to learn and this is how they do it. From that standpoint he's good for US Soccer. And there's the question of, if you fire him, who do you get that's really better and who can do more with the talent you have which isn't great.

That said, it's nice that he wants to play these games, but his strategy for them is shit.

Serious question....Mexico quit for sure v Chile...is this just US w horrid fundamentals or being totally outmatched talent wise...don't think they've quit IMO...thoughts?

overmatched, especially down 3 guys but I doubt we do much better with them

It's unfortunate that the WC isn't this year for Argy based on this team.

I mean, for those of us watching Euro right now, who beats them?

I think Spain could match them offensively and have a sound defense, of course assuming they don't stop caring at the 43rd minute

Mates what do we do now

we try to figure out who's gonna emerge from the non-bracket of death so we can then hedge when they draw whatever juggernaut who survives the B.O.D.

There are better managers out there, hell American coaches. Our players stunk today, but Klinnman and his inability to come out with a gameplan for his players to succeed continues to be an issue

"They know exactly how to sort of organize themselves behind the ball quickly," Jurgen Klinsmann said in the postgame press conference. "They high pressure right away when you are in possession of the ball. That's why we pretty much didn't have any chance to score."
Klinsmann was talking about Argentina in the wake of their 4-0 win over the US men's national teamin the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday night, and he was right. Argentina were supremely organized and absolutely ruthless, and clearly the better team for the full 90 minutes. Even under the best of circumstances the US wouldn't be expected to take them to the wire when they're playing this well. There's a quality gap.
Fine. But... there's always been a quality gap. Why, now, is there a organization gap? Why is there a high pressure gap? Why, after five years in charge, is Klinsmann's US team no more organized than it was when he took over? Why have previous managers all been able to produce teams notable for their ability to stay compact and defend as a unit, while this one fell apart within three minutes against the La Albiceleste?
Please understand, the US have faced teams as good as this version of Argentina before and come out on top. Each of the previous three managers -- Bob Bradley, Bruce Arena and Steve Sampson -- have coached the US to at least one win over a team ranked in the top 10 of the Elo Ratings in an official competition:

I don't believe Spain could match Argentina offensively at all, sorry to disagree GW and in 90 minutes you never know...but this looks like a different animal as it stands right now. Look at who was still on the bench

Yeah, I'm with KJ. The Spain team I saw today isn't beating the team that basically toyed with the US tonight. You have to be playing extremely well at the back to compete with Argy. So far, the strongest at the back I think I've seen in Euro is Italy. That said, one of their games was against Sweden who is, currently, total fucking dogshit.

But they were very strong against Belgium and they're a top side.

Teed, have you seen this lmfao

An article which raises many questions, but particularly over fact-checking. independent.co.uk/sport/football…

So Sweden, Portugal, and Ireland need to go for goals today? Belgium and Italy not much to play for?

Italy has won their group and will probably rest some guys. Belgium just can't take a loss, it could actually leave them at the bottom of the group and out.

Sweden is pretty much done, but has yet to score in the tournament so I think they're going probably say fuck it and make a run today if for nothing other than pride. Portugal definitely needs goals today. And Ireland is at the bottom of the group as well, so they have to try to win.

I don't believe Spain could match Argentina offensively at all, sorry to disagree GW and in 90 minutes you never know...but this looks like a different animal as it stands right now. Look at who was still on the bench

that's probably fair and they don't have a Messi on their team, but ARG is about as pretty as they can be right now after last night's ownage and I'm not sure they should be because of the massive gap in talent and coaching

Deflected free kick but well taken I think

Portugal being sent packing would be an interesting turn of events

I want to take Belgium so bad today but if this could be Ibra's final match for Sweden, just can't go against it

On paper seems like Belgium should win by 3 goals

Back