****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Guessing the interest must have been extremely low for them to resort to that

What a mess, can't even sack someone correctly
There has got to better put there, I don’t believe that. Even if it’s an unknown

This Mexico fan lady on the desk labeled as an expert doesn’t even know when the gold cup is

Last edited:
Is the consensus that the new UEFA Nations League thing is blah?
I like less friendlies aspect
some odd lineup decisions maybe suggesting they don't care 100%, but Modric coming and all the UCL final players starting or playing big minutes in the semis seems like they care

some odd lineup decisions maybe suggesting they don't care 100%, but Modric coming and all the UCL final players starting or playing big minutes in the semis seems like they care
Don't the winners get into Euros w/o qualifying or something like that?

Not that it should be a big deal for those who can win it but it's something I guess if that's true

Don't the winners get into Euros w/o qualifying or something like that?

Not that it should be a big deal for those who can win it but it's something I guess if that's true
that'd be cool, but i think they just get to qualify in smaller groups 5 vs the rest getting 6

Fox broadcasting this shanty Gold Cup match is hilarious

How do they not realize their target audience would rather watch a Cops repeat from 2014?

Their sports programming is a lost cause, just suck at what you do well instead of doing whatever this is

I'm not much for exhibition matches but Wrexham v Chelsea tonight then against United next week have to be watched. Glad ESPN is carrying them (at least tonight they are)

Kane deadline day today

There is one spurs Twitter source saying he is gone and spurs have accepted 100 million euro bid with add ons

Really don’t understand what it proves to go to a team that’s won their league 10 years in a row

Eden Park in Auckland: 6 games to date and none have seen both teams score.
Results so far at the venue (h/t in brackets):
1-0 (0-0)
3-0 (2-0)
1-0 (0-0)
5-0 (2-0)
6-0 (3-0)
0-0 (0-0)

So either 2-0 or 4-0?
Never came back after posting that prior to kick off.

One can argue that since the Swiss goal came off a Spanish boot, that the venue still hasn't seen both teams score off their own efforts. 7 of the 8 other venues can boast that fact, apart from Melbourne (which has hosted now 3 fewer games than Eden Park).

Fwiw: Brisbane is the venue that thus far has seen the highest % of halves drawn. 5 games = 10 halves = 7 drawn 70%.

Melbourne is next (5 games, 10 halves, 6 drawn, 60%)
Then Hamilton (5 games, 10 halves, 5 drawn, 50%) & Sydney (7 games, 14 halves, 7 drawn, 50%)

Knew the first one wouldn't be easy but really thought they'd get one before half. Nothing like getting to play catch up on the wagers at HT

For whatever reason games in NZ have generally been higher scoring than games in Australia, a fact that stands whether one includes or doesn't include the clearest mismatches which ended in bloated, one-sided scorelines. The following are the results thus far for the venues hosting the quarter finals...

Overall
Wellington - 8 games / 27 goals = 3.38 gpg
Auckland - 7 games / 22 goals = 3.14 gpg
Sydney - 7 games / 18 goals = 2.57 gpg
Brisbane - 6 games / 10 goals = 1.67 gpg

Minus the obvious mismatches w/lopsided scorelines
Wellington - 6 games / 19 goals = 3.33 gpg
Auckland - 4 games / 8 goals = 2.00 gpg
Sydney - 6 games / 9 goals = 1.50 gpg
Brisbane doesn't change, didn't host any lopsided scorelines

Kaner a goner. No real reason for him to stay at Spurs other than to pad his EPL stats.
Now he can compete for trophies. Good on him.

Saw Courtois out for the year this morning. DDG has to be aglow right now, just wondering how much he'll get paid.

Kaner a goner. No real reason for him to stay at Spurs other than to pad his EPL stats.
Now he can compete for trophies. Good on him.

Saw Courtois out for the year this morning. DDG has to be aglow right now, just wondering how much he'll get paid.
Never understood this. It’s fine if he wants to leave but what does it prove if you join a team that’s won 10 bundesliga’s in a row? I’d ask the same question if he was going to city, to a lesser degree

Very cold winds blowing across Wellington from the South. Conditions won't be conducive to scoring (although there's only meant to be a low chance of rain), winds forecast to be at the backs of the team playing from left-to-right as you'll see them on your TV screen (although they can swirl in the stadium, it's not a given).
(Edit: weather's improved overnight, but still cold southerlies will be present).

Curious stats
Both Spain & Holland have not played out a 1h draw so far (both have played out only one drawn half, the 2h in their respective opening games).
Every Spanish game has seen the opening goal scored by the 21st min.
Every Dutch game has seen the opening goal scored by the 17th min.

Last edited:
Back