****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

England's to lose, Id prefer Italy which they got

3 lions look like the best team in the world to me ( though France could easily suit up tomorrow and beat anyone if they wanted to)

Italy look shaky against Spain’s pressure , they should feel robbed they aren’t in this game , finishing did them in

while Italy certainly has great attackers , they don’t have Mbappe Neymar or Messi that England would have to plan around and worry about leaving their CBs in bad spots

love England here and doesn’t hurt they are at home , though I’m sure Italy will be well supported Fan wise

Last edited:
Spain haven't been able to finish for years, maybe decades? That dynasty generation weren't long on finishers, i remember Villa being like the best they had since Fernando Torres never showed up for the national team

Italy has Insigne who can be lethal from outside the box, but that's a tough thing to count on so really it's Chiesa and maybe Immobile if he finds his way off the milk carton. Barella scoring the first vs Belgium said a lot, think he was great for Inter but hard to see him being that far forward as a slight underdog to a big nation at home.

England has a manager who is choking the team's offense, but they keep surviving. Sterling has been awesome, basically unguardable and Kane is rounding into form. Doesn't hurt that those two dive like they're going to Tokyo, @guaranteeed probably mimics them into his sofa or whatever they call it in BRITISH canada

Italy certainly the tougher run in, but that's probably a bad thing for their energy levels and Spinazzola already went down. Emerson at LB does not make me comfortable, he seemed to push forward vs Spain so that doesn't look like it's changing too much. Doubt we see a 3-man backline all of a sudden in the final, so probably get what we expect

Not a huge fan of England's CBs and believe their sister's of the blind schedule is why they haven't conceded until today. Pickford is still Pick, just with a worse hairstyle. Prefer Donnarumma big time, but possession is anyone's guess and that usually dictates which goalkeeper has more to do

Currently at pk so i don't have a dog to pick yet, hoping Italy moves to 1/4 but my tournament may be done

Spain haven't been able to finish for years, maybe decades? That dynasty generation weren't long on finishers, i remember Villa being like the best they had since Fernando Torres never showed up for the national team
Could be why Sergio Ramos might be the most important Spaniard in my lifetime

No striking, that fucker delivered because they needed the one tall guy to deliver

Could be why Sergio Ramos might be the most important Spaniard in my lifetime

No striking, that fucker delivered because they needed the one tall guy to deliver

Ramos is 6' so that's especially funny. Even funnier when they miss penalties cuz he only fails against Jann Sommer

• Love
Reactions: KJ
i won't pretend to say that i followed soccer as closely then, but there was a big debate about Spain not having anybody to play striker

Ramos is 6' so that's especially funny. Even funnier when they miss penalties cuz he only fails against Jann Sommer
To be fair 6'0 is pretty tall for guys who run damn near 10 miles/game

I always laugh when we look at some of the "tough" guys and they weigh in the 170s

To be fair 6'0 is pretty tall for guys who run damn near 10 miles/game

I always laugh when we look at some of the "tough" guys and they weigh in the 170s

i've learned through FIFA20 and then watching every minute of a year's worth of soccer across the top leagues to think that 6-foot-4 is too tall because nobody is coordinated enough with their feet. 5'11" is a drawback for goalkeepers so they must be 6' and it doesn't seem like any CBs make the cut at a height shorter than 6' either

Gimme 6-foot-2 CB and since GK don't really matter i want 6-foot-7 trashcan Joronen's with a prayer he turns into Courtois

i won't pretend to say that i followed soccer as closely then, but there was a big debate about Spain not having anybody to play striker
It was a lot about having to play villa there, since he was playing on the left side so much for barca at the time.

Torres never fit their style, he played a lot but as a sub, and like you said earlier he never performed for them outside of the 2008 tournament, especially the final.

He was never a great passer, they essentially wanted a false 9, it's why they played Fabregas in the final against Italy in the 2012 euro final

Italy has Insigne who can be lethal from outside the box, but that's a tough thing to count on so really it's Chiesa and maybe Immobile if he finds his way off the milk carton. Barella scoring the first vs Belgium said a lot, think he was great for Inter but hard to see him being that far forward as a slight underdog to a big nation at home.

England has a manager who is choking the team's offense, but they keep surviving. Sterling has been awesome, basically unguardable and Kane is rounding into form. Doesn't hurt that those two dive like they're going to Tokyo, @guaranteeed probably mimics them into his sofa or whatever they call it in BRITISH canada

Italy certainly the tougher run in, but that's probably a bad thing for their energy levels and Spinazzola already went down. Emerson at LB does not make me comfortable, he seemed to push forward vs Spain so that doesn't look like it's changing too much. Doubt we see a 3-man backline all of a sudden in the final, so probably get what we expect

Not a huge fan of England's CBs and believe their sister's of the blind schedule is why they haven't conceded until today. Pickford is still Pick, just with a worse hairstyle. Prefer Donnarumma big time, but possession is anyone's guess and that usually dictates which goalkeeper has more to do

Currently at pk so i don't have a dog to pick yet, hoping Italy moves to 1/4 but my tournament may be done

I think there is definitely some England fatigue , especially from USA fans who have followed the sport for a long time

anyone who was involved in club soccer in the 90s can attest to how ridiculous it was . Any dope with an English accent was getting coaching gigs over here , there were a lot of scammers and it shows how naive we were as a soccer country

this is a long winded way to say I actually think England is under rated right now

a semi and a final in the last two tourneys puts them clearly as one of the top countries in the world

we gotta start putting them in the class with the best , they clearly are imo
as for this game , I think for the most part Southgate has pushed all the right buttons after Scotland and I agree CBs we’re maybe still are the concern , but they haven’t given a goal from the run of ply… I think we will look back at that Scotland game as a glorified friendly , I think they beat thenm 2 or 3 nil if it’s played right now

I think England can play the game they want to
Play vs Italy , on the front foot , and I don’t think England will blow the chances Spain did if given same chances

Last edited:
agreed that England will score and win handily if they have possession like Spain and get those same opportunities, but they can't do that with six defenders on the pitch and only Kane dropping deep to create. Maybe supersub Grealish is the answer late, but i would expect him to create plenty more chances if he was on the pitch for 70' rather than the last 25'

i don't like ENG, but like losing less. My hope was to catch 1/4 on the Italians, but i'm not sure their offense is trustworthy despite the good they have done. Chiesa carries that team like he did Juve into UCL, it's just too hard to score consistently with guys you spend a month with every two summers

RE: Scotland, they should have won by a ton on that day. The 0-0 was a product of a bad lineup choice by Southgate, bad strategy, too. Maybe he was trying to teach the team to defend for the later rounds, but i just don't buy playing the wrong strategy against a poor team. The need to win a group should determine a lineup, but ENG were fortunate to be in a bad group and won the opener against the only real competition

I'm not sure if Mancini is the second coming like everyone says, but a team who had no experience has done everything to get where it is. Easy group? Maybe, but pasting Belgium early was no fluke. Spain was a tossup leaning to the losers, but they did what they needed and I feel like there are more mistakes in England if the pressure is on them. Pick is a loser, Maguire and Stones can only do so much. The Italian CB's are old, but if Sterling is running at them not the fullbacks then chalk one up for ENG anyway.

ITA have to be cautious with the fullbacks, I fear Emerson defending Sterling if he switches sides to get a Grealish on the pitch. If it's Saka/Sancho i'm less afraid, though Sancho could teach Emerson some things. ITA is solid all around it's front 6 and i like the 4-3-3 better for scoring goals since Jorginho is the Italian Kante. Not much can be done at ST with Immobile since there's nothing better on the bench, also wonder how much Barella and Veratti will push forward since that is how ITA lose this game.

Finals are always tight, total is low at 2 but that feels like the maximum output to me with neither taking chances. Home crowd can be a weight dragging a team down, but it also wins penalties and probably tips the scales. ITA having to win b2b shootouts also favors ENG per #trendzfromteed

my book doesn't have the option of a cummulative card bets for COPA, but there are odds on some individual players to be carded...

I think the books assume a good bit of cards in this one given some of these odds, lol

for example, Cassimero is -125 to be carded

my book doesn't have the option of a cummulative card bets for COPA, but there are odds on some individual players to be carded...

I think the books assume a good bit of cards in this one given some of these odds, lol

for example, Cassimero is -125 to be carded
Hot stat: Including stoppage time, CA grand finals held this century have averaged 6.57 cards per 90 minutes.

Chile gameplan in one of the finals, I think 2016 was to just kick the absolute shit out of Messi all game.

Starting to think this game could look real ugly

Yesterday's ref was good for cards and had to wait til 45+5 to see the first one

But true to form, card #5 showed up in 87' for the over. Gotta love S America and tonight I might even bet a red

Took over 6 already

Yesterday's ref was good for cards and had to wait til 45+5 to see the first one

But true to form, card #5 showed up in 87' for the over. Gotta love S America and tonight I might even bet a red

Took over 6 already
here is the ref for final

02/07/21COAPeruP 3 - 3Paraguay
YC.png
x6
Y2C.png
x2
View events
20/06/21COAColombia1 - 2Peru
YC.png
x3
View events
13/06/21COABrazil3 - 0Venezuela
YC.png
x4

And the rivalry should be good for an extra 3 cards to boot...love that it takes 5 or less to beat me in this given all the intangibles

I don't have a card overall option , just individual players.

So you only need 3 yellows to win? What is that price

I always thought it was 1 yellow, 2 red

No each yellow is 1

If player gets a 2nd yellow is 2 but the red adds another point

I've seen a lot where the red is 2 total regardless but mine gives the extra card if it's a cumulation red

At one point I had a book that did 10 pts for yellow and 15 for red, 25 for straight red

So max a player could get was 35 if he got two yellows

Just different rules

I assume a red mean 3 missed matches like clubs?

I see Jesus is out again for red card, was out last match too

Its 2 and could be more

I remember Suarez at world cup in brazil after he bit chiellini missed like all of qualifying cause of s long suspension

Its 2 and could be more

I remember Suarez at world cup in brazil after he bit chiellini missed like all of qualifying cause of s long suspension

so its auto 2? because the article I read said Neymar and Jesus were pissed, so that made me think there was discretion

I don't pay much attention to the other teams in USL yet but obviously I do the Rising...hard to keep up with so many teams but pretty rare that Phx games don't see at least 3 goals. Kicks off in 10 minutes.

Charlotte/Phoenix o2.5 -125 2*

Back