• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Yes, how is this even a question?

I don't give two fux about City/United, Pool and Leicester maybe...it's not some master class chess play here

This is not good
Ok so you're not the person they are trying to reach, if you care about 5 games a year

They are caring about the billion that will watch every week

That's why this is happening

Ok so you're not the person they are trying to reach, if you care about 5 games a year

They are caring about the billion that will watch every week

That's why this is happening
I get it but this is not a long term success valve, you of all people have to understand that

L
American sports is predicated on watching best on best, and you think soccer is slowly gaining steam cause of the relegation system and February games between west Bromwich and stoke?

I’m a huge fan, I look forward to when the big 6 play each other in league , and I don’t think I’m in the minority

It's ultimately their way of trying to Americanize the sport, have a bracket for a champion and ruin the entire regular season....which is what draw me to this sport in the first place. This League will not have people up all night in anticipation of games, it would suck the life out of the sport. And thankfully fans are responding.

It's ultimately their way of trying to Americanize the sport, have a bracket for a champion and ruin the entire regular season....which is what draw me to this sport in the first place. This League will not have people up all night in anticipation of games, it would suck the life out of the sport. And thankfully fans are responding.

I actually do t think this is the American way

this would be like baseball starting their own side competition with top 10 payrolls

I actually do t think this is the American way

this would be like baseball starting their own side competition with top 10 payrolls
Well we love the banter but this isn't happening anyway

It will show the resolve of Americans and others owning European teams and the differences between owners and fans, take opinion away and it's an incredible optic

Well we love the banter but this isn't happening anyway

It will show the resolve of Americans and others owning European teams and the differences between owners and fans, take opinion away and it's an incredible optic

but I completely disagree with you

neutral fans in general don’t really give a shit about relegation battles

they wanna see Neymar play Messi , etc

Ya, I just disagree completely

Online it's not popular, which again we can't take as a basis for anything it's such a small subset.

But this will be the best players in the world, playing the most popular sport in the world. Saying it's going to be boring means you, the royal you, find the sport boring

Ya, I just disagree completely

Online it's not popular, which again we can't take as a basis for anything it's such a small subset.

But this will be the best players in the world, playing the most popular sport in the world. Saying it's going to be boring means you, the royal you, find the sport boring
No I hate saturation. It makes everything boring. Pretty simple.

Appreciate the events that only happen infrequently. It becomes boring when it's the norm.

Honestly can't believe you guys like this

It's beyond bizarre, it ruins the sport...so you can see the best of the best each week? Give me a break, it's cool a couple times a year, not all the time and they will respond accordingly.

Honestly can't believe you guys like this

It's beyond bizarre, it ruins the sport...so you can see the best of the best each week? Give me a break, it's cool a couple times a year, not all the time and they will respond accordingly.

im not sure I agree it ruins the sport

What's also funny is teeed, you claim you're against it but you're trying to support it in here. I seriously have at least 20 Spurs fans here in the Valley I'm friends with that hate this and your team, of all, should be the first to embrace it. But literally no one does except you now it seems.

It ruins the one thing that differentiates it from other sports. Promotion and relegation is the best thing in all of sport imo.

you are enthralled with the promotion relegation battles in England ?
You follow the championship ? Or do you only watch the playoff games in May

that’s a minority view

Ok, and if they do that and the teams say fuck it, it's over, the super league would 100% be a go

UEFA will pay back their tv deals?

the super league is 100% a go already. Uefa playing the only card they can and it’s the right card to play. They need to find a way for everyone to work together or Uefa is a pointless organization

They gotta be looking at NFL and thinking they are leaving billions on the table with TV rights deals

this is a business , and the players certainly understand that .( they want bigger wages )

I don’t see this ruining the sport at all

They gotta be looking at NFL and thinking they are leaving billions on the table with TV rights deals

this is a business , and the players certainly understand that .( they want bigger wages )

I don’t see this ruining the sport at all
Takes it from being king shit of different to maybe 5th in the pecking order of normal, hockey will kill it

Good riddance if they do this

Takes it from being king shit of different to maybe 5th in the pecking order of normal, hockey will kill it

Good riddance if they do this

You think this makes the sport less popular in US and around the world?

You think this makes the sport less popular in US and around the world?
Just donated $20 to Leyton Orient FC as one of my MCFC mates has chosen that route. Not like that's much of anything but I don't give $20 away unless I stand for something.

This is a disaster and I hope it doesn't go through, ruins everything I've tried to promote to people in the Valley about the sport for 3 years now. I don't get paid to do it, I just do it. This is the opposite of what I believe in.

Let’s take CTG for example

when do we get the most people interested in this sport ?
Might take another 10 years but this will derail that

Who needs the saturation? UFC is ruined by it and I don't need to hear numbers, it's obvious no one around me who used to care does anymore. Numbers are numbers, events are events. That league will ruin the sport dramatically. Cool thing is, it won't happen.

the super league is 100% a go already. Uefa playing the only card they can and it’s the right card to play. They need to find a way for everyone to work together or Uefa is a pointless organization
Ok so its 100% a go or they need to find a way? Cant be both

If uefa do that this year, it's over, and they are paying back tv money. Or they let it continue, give themselves a few months to negotiate and try and get involved

Who needs the saturation? UFC is ruined by it and I don't need to hear numbers, it's obvious no one around me who used to care does anymore. Numbers are numbers, events are events. That league will ruin the sport dramatically. Cool thing is, it won't happen.
What saturation?

People are gonna get sick of barca vs liverpool twice a year?

You keep saying your opinion and acting like its the facts of the sport in the country, with zero evidence proving that, in fact most goes to the contrary

but I disagree , how would it ruin the sport by having the best teams in the world play each other more often?

soccer is like any other sport , teams and superstar players draw the interest

What's also funny is teeed, you claim you're against it but you're trying to support it in here. I seriously have at least 20 Spurs fans here in the Valley I'm friends with that hate this and your team, of all, should be the first to embrace it. But literally no one does except you now it seems.
I'm not supporting it, I'm just stating what's going on and likely to occur, not letting emotions cloud

Also you keep bringing spurs into this, it doesnt matter, and it's also not ideal, spurs are gonna finish 11th in this league every year... yay?

But it's obvious why they are doing, most popular players, most popular sport in the world, the world will embrace it

People are fickle

This same reaction happened in the 90s with the premier league being created, after like a year no one hated it, and it became more popular than ever

I'm not supporting it, I'm just stating what's going on and likely to occur, not letting emotions cloud

Also you keep bringing spurs into this, it doesnt matter, and it's also not ideal, spurs are gonna finish 11th in this league every year... yay?
Oppo, I think it propels Spurs immensely which is why I can understand supporting it

Of course it benefits the teams that are in this league , no top player is going want to not be in this league

Ok so its 100% a go or they need to find a way? Cant be both

If uefa do that this year, it's over, and they are paying back tv money. Or they let it continue, give themselves a few months to negotiate and try and get involved

it can absolutely be both and that’s the proposal that the traitorous 12 are making.

if Uefa don’t do that this year, it’s over forever and they are never getting tv money.

there is absolutely no reason for these teams to negotiate with Uefa unless you threaten to take away their money this year. After the next 3 months Uefa has very little leverage. I don’t think them taking away internationals is even a realistic possibility and they’d all be shooting them selves.

but I disagree , how would it ruin the sport by having the best teams in the world play each other more often?

soccer is like any other sport , teams and superstar players draw the interest
C'mon man, you have to know the differences between global soccer and the NBA, one sport thrives on stars, the other on team with the occasional star

Not like we're changing opinions here, just crazy you guys are the only of many I've talked to today that remotely support this. Do your thing, I can't hate that.

C'mon man, you have to know the differences between global soccer and the NBA, one sport thrives on stars, the other on team with the occasional star

Not like we're changing opinions here, just crazy you guys are the only of many I've talked to today that remotely support this. Do your thing, I can't hate that.

soccer thrives on stars and teams

no different than NBA nfl or MLB

Yankees , Lakers and Cowboys are the most popular teams , whether they suck or not

Man United is one of the worlds most popular teams whether they suck or not

Soccer thrives on the names of the clubs. The players are not bigger then the club with very exceptions.

who are the three biggest teams right now? Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man U. Messi is global and maybe Pogba... otherwise who is global?

Soccer thrives on the names of the clubs. The players are not bigger then the club with very exceptions.

who are the three biggest teams right now? Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man U. Messi is global and maybe Pogba... otherwise who is global?

So, like American sports

Disagree, ultimate team sport. If you compare it to NBA this conversation is pointless...that's 5 on 5 and highlights every 30 seconds.

Anyway, do you...I've now gotten word that over 120 people in our local Man City club won't be renewing next year if this goes through and that's 1/3 of our members, money that goes to the club. That's just PHX. Sad what this is doing and most are still waiting. Momentum dust, thanks for coming.

Disagree, ultimate team sport. If you compare it to NBA this conversation is pointless...that's 5 on 5 and highlights every 30 seconds.

Anyway, do you...I've now gotten word that over 120 people in our local Man City club won't be renewing next year if this goes through and that's 1/3 of our members, money that goes to the club. That's just PHX. Sad what this is doing and most are still waiting. Momentum dust, thanks for coming.

maybe there is fan backlash and it’s strong enough for these owners to take another look at this , highly doubtful

maybe there is fan backlash and it’s strong enough for these owners to take another look at this , highly doubtful
I'm gonna leave it at fascinating at this point, personal emotion toward it isn't gonna accomplish anything

More focused on what to eat tomorrow on 4/20 and staying safe

Maybe I’d think differently if I was a huge fan of say Everton, but if those fans are being honest with themselves the chances of qualifying for CL now are still about 0%, so at end of day nothing really changes

Maybe I’d think differently if I was a huge fan of say Everton, but if those fans are being honest with themselves the chances of qualifying for CL now are still about 0%, so at end of day nothing really changes

what about current 4th place west ham fans or 3rd place Leicester fans

they are removing competition

I feel like American sports are a little non sensical. Playoffs are manufactured drama. Play in games are manufactured drama. Why can’t the best team be rewarded

There in lies the ultimate argument that sports are supposed to be the relief from business for fans

Talk about mental health issues, when those fans don't have that outlet get ready

agree with you KJ. It shouldn’t be all about business in sports but here we are

Back