• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Sorry , It’s hard to accept I understand that

but these players are very well compensated to play a game

Professional sports are ultimately a business , so
Owners who spend billions on teams are going look for revenue streams

ultimately I don’t think this will go down as well as people might think it will. You are going to lose a lot of guys in the middle by catering to only the big teams. The nfl is successful because it doesn’t matter what team you are on, they can be good at any time. The nba caters to the big teams and there rankings are going down because only 5 teams ever get buyout players and only 7 teams are capable of getting a free agent.

the people that like this like Mark wahlberg movies

I doubt you'll find anyone that disagrees

We all hope it's a hobby and not a business, if the owner needs that revenue, he/she likely shouldn't be an owner

The day we all see sport as just another business, we've merged the entertainment/business aspect of life and there are only a few sectors left, not like it won't happen but treating business as the end all/be all is a terrible path imo

So soccer fans are extremely unique in the sense that it doesn’t matter what teams are playing it’s just the love of the game ?

So soccer fans are extremely unique in the sense that it doesn’t matter what teams are playing it’s just the love of the game ?
Yeah I think so. If you listen to any of the pods and look at any of the media this is universally being pissed on by most soccer fans

This is the argument that people who don’t watch MLS make

they say well it doesn’t have pro/rel, if it did I’d watch it ... really?

no they don’t watch it because the quality isn’t as good

I'm surprised you're asking this of all people

It's the gift away from the limelight

We need manufactured drama here for things to matter. Oh the ncaa tournament is beloved for the knockout tournament format. MLB and NBA add one off playoff games to get into the playoffs. Oh that was exciting, now let’s add 3 more teams to the formula. Before you know everyone will make the playoffs. It’s stupid

Seriously Messi v Ronaldo in El Clasico would be a classic NBA fixture

Here, if you aren't a fan of the sport, Barca or Madrid, you aren't watching. Has nothing to do with those two outside of very fringe

because it’a an argument based on antidotal evidence
That's the difference

I don't see it as an argument, I see fans daily who still have passion for winning and not dollars and that's what has made this more refreshing than our sports

No one wants to lose money, but everyone wants to win. Futbol has held true to that concept.

Do you begrudge a great player for West Ham leaving to go to a big six for a better club and better wages ?
I don't but I begrudge that there's this so-called big 6 anyway. That's the issue. If this happens, the miracle of Leicester a few years ago is tucked away in chapter 14, kids dreamed about things because of that. But business.

Do you begrudge a great player for West Ham leaving to go to a big six for a better club and better wages ?

depends on the circumstances. I would begrudge a player for leaving from this years west ham team to go arsenal for relatively similar salaries.

I don't but I begrudge that there's this so-called big 6 anyway. That's the issue. If this happens, the miracle of Leicester a few years ago is tucked away in chapter 14, kids dreamed about things because of that. But business.

right. Leicester is never happening again.

Reactions: KJ
4 of the big 6 that played in the league they can’t be bothered with this weekend. 1 of them won

2 of the big 6 played in a tournament game. It was a sizzling 1-0

But the chances of Leceister type thing happening are so rare in the current system anyways
Rare is the only thing that separates sport from business and when it happens, it's a life monument

Not sure why you are advocating for predictable, that's the ultimate antithesis of sport

This

I dont like it

But denying that it's going to be popular or saying people will get bored is crazy

This

I dont like it

But denying that it's going to be popular or saying people will get bored is crazy
Oh it will me much more real than Kap taking a knee

This is cutting into culture and heritage, are you even following on twitter? (I'm not but I see enough from fans of all teams, this isn't a cry for help, this is flat betrayal to everything people stand for)

Oh it will me much more real than Kap taking a knee

This is cutting into culture and heritage, are you even following on twitter? (I'm not but I see enough from fans of all teams, this isn't a cry for help, this is flat betrayal to everything people stand for)
2% of people on twitter make up 99% of the tweets

I think it's super unpopular right now, I've said I dont like it, but people when the games start are still going to watch

Man united fans still watch even though they've hated the glazers for 15 years

2% of people on twitter make up 99% of the tweets

I think it's super unpopular right now, I've said I dont like it, but people when the games start are still going to watch

Man united fans still watch even though they've hated the glazers for 15 years
I won't watch, already said it we lost a third of our membership overnight and many are in wait to see how it plays out. This is culture, it's not fandom. If it happens this will be a colossal failure, I'm pretty decent at reading people and the ears are pinned back on this one.

I hope ceferin and agnelli can put their differences aside, and hash this out and change the current system enough so the 12 stay in the competitions

I won't watch, already said it we lost a third of our membership overnight and many are in wait to see how it plays out. This is culture, it's not fandom. If it happens this will be a colossal failure, I'm pretty decent at reading people and the ears are pinned back on this one.
You've already said most games dont interest you already though, you're not the fan they after

You're a fan of an oil rich team who are in the competition every year anyway

You've already said most games dont interest you already though, you're not the fan they after

You're a fan of an oil rich team who are in the competition every year anyway
What? I wake up at 4:30 for games

Maybe you're confusing me for someone else

I think cancelling the rest of this seasons champions league is dumb

But if I was the FAs of england, Italy, and spain

I'm not putting any of the 12 in next years european competitions, its the FAs that technically choose the teams

I'm giving them to the next best squads in the league

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
I think cancelling the rest of this seasons champions league is dumb

But if I was the FAs of england, Italy, and spain

I'm not putting any of the 12 in next years european competitions, its the FAs that technically choose the teams

I'm giving them to the next best squads in the league
This one was obvious

54d9dc38-94d1-4874-a1c8-6fc7f6f84f73.jpg

There's the top 4 now

I guess at this point we're just going to tell each other about how right we are and how wrong you are...been a full day of banter with people but time to let it play out

Casual fan. Love the World Cup and will watch random shot on occasion depending on mood...all the way down to Copa.

The FA Cup is awesome for the obvious. Surely that stays around. It’s a business. We’ve had this dance before and everyone is aware...I get the spirit of saying it’s a bad thing but I bet it brings more attention to the sport.
It’s English heavy, but is t soccer that anyway. Give me the big ones from the others and bam
Some tweaking may need to be done, kinda wish the 15 weren’t permanent but they will likely be anyway by talent?

Back