****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

What happened today was disgusting on a human level. Don't intertwine that with sport mate.

I'm not sure it makes you an asshole, but it does make you an enabler. There's nothing positive about what the Russian ultras did to English fans, and there's nothing positive or pro your side about throwing flares onto the pitch.

And it's hardly a Euro vs US thing, arguably the most violent supporters are in South America. Though eastern Europe would certainly give them a run for their money, but I'm not sure, have eastern Euros killed any players yet?

Point being, football doesn't involve trashing towns, starting fist-fights with opposing fans, coddling racists (which, let's be honest, a number of Euro ultra groups do), and on and on.

There's a huge difference between being a die-hard supporter and crossing over into the violence generally associated with ultras. I think a great example simply because I follow them so closely, is the Holmesdale Fanatics at Palace. They sing the entire game, they chant, bring huge banners & balloons, etc. But there is almost never violence. And the club mostly keeps them in check. For example, they ban flares—for good fucking reason, by the way—and the rest.

There's a way to be that next level supporter without destroying the town or forcing your team to play behind barbed wire and shit like they have to in South America.

The term "sports terrorists" really isn't thrown around enough these days.

And, Alex, don't go down the Detox road. It's really no way to go through life.

Pretty terrible game by Italy today (the only one I ended up being able to see). Thankfully they got the win, stopping a solid three wager losing skid for me. I'm completely biased, but I don't see how you keep Florenzi out of this lineup. Not for the next match, but for the knockout stage.

I'm also not sure why you put him on the left when he's right-footed, but still, if you're going to be content with looking for the home run ball, he's both a guy who can deliver it and who has the touch to receive it. Getting Zaza in there significantly changed the game today. That's where your win came from.

I'm on Belgium tomorrow and obviously want the win, but part of me hopes it's only 1-0. Because there's no reason Belgium shouldn't shithouse this Swedish side. They're just fucking awful and after the loss today their final game may well be wide open because, really, who gives a shit. They're almost certainly going home. Zero shots in two games. Unreal.

Great work today on getting those goals in the C/C game, guys. Really good calls there.

Is Florenzi a winger? if so there be a reason to put him on the left as the good wingers are always cutting in therefore on their stronger foot

They move him around a lot at Roma because he doesn't mind and can do it. But generally he's either in the center or on the right side. Honestly I think they played him on the left today simply because they knew he could do it. But in the second half he saw more time on the right side which works better for him.

Indeed. I hooked a few other people up in other departments. 48 slices for 7 people (my vp) is a bit much lol

yep, just throw CNN on when sports arent on

Exactly my argument. Apparently they are creating a chill room in our office for customer service reps. If you do a good job or whatever they let you work in this room, which will comfortable seats and TV

Back