****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Yeah I'm on -1 but Spain team total might not be a bad look

Seriously 2-0 type match wouldn't be shocking to me...and reality is even if Spain score early Turks will likely play close to the vest to keep it 1-0 and hope for some late miracle. But Spain has so much out there I don't think that can really happen. If at the 30 minute mark it's 0-0, then I won't be so happy with my wager.

Should just defer this to the People thread I started

Sabotage your own squad, why not? People are so fucked up

no modric now for croatia too against spain

from looking like a dark horse with the best midfield in the tournament, to your fans turning on you, dropping 2 points, and losing the best player in the tournament potentially

no modric now for croatia too against spain

from looking like a dark horse with the best midfield in the tournament, to your fans turning on you, dropping 2 points, and losing the best player in the tournament potentially

It's one of the most fucked up things I've seen in all of sport

Trying to put my head around it

The last 12 hours I think all of my tweets have come from @tipyerbar and @BitchestheCat

Might need a psych evaluation

Espana route, this gonna be just a shit 2h

Fucking crazy how much talent is out there, for one side

The term "sports terrorists" really isn't thrown around enough these days.

And, Alex, don't go down the Detox road. It's really no way to go through life.

Pretty terrible game by Italy today (the only one I ended up being able to see). Thankfully they got the win, stopping a solid three wager losing skid for me. I'm completely biased, but I don't see how you keep Florenzi out of this lineup. Not for the next match, but for the knockout stage.

I'm also not sure why you put him on the left when he's right-footed, but still, if you're going to be content with looking for the home run ball, he's both a guy who can deliver it and who has the touch to receive it. Getting Zaza in there significantly changed the game today. That's where your win came from.

I'm on Belgium tomorrow and obviously want the win, but part of me hopes it's only 1-0. Because there's no reason Belgium shouldn't shithouse this Swedish side. They're just fucking awful and after the loss today their final game may well be wide open because, really, who gives a shit. They're almost certainly going home. Zero shots in two games. Unreal.

Great work today on getting those goals in the C/C game, guys. Really good calls there.

You realize Belgium are playing the Irish tomorrow Joe, right?

That said I'm calling 3-1 or 4-1, shithouse on the map which means grats to all betting Ireland

You realize Belgium are playing the Irish tomorrow Joe, right?

I do. I'm thinking of how tomorrow's game impacts their third game.

I think Belgium wins tomorrow, but what I'm hoping is that the Irish keeper stands on his head and their defense plays lights out—and that somehow it's kept to like a 1-0 or 2-1 result. That forces Belgium to press harder for points in their final game vs. Sweden. As opposed to let's say tomorrow they run it up and cancel out the GD they took into the game. I don't want them in a spot where they could live with a draw in their final match.

The term "sports terrorists" really isn't thrown around enough these days.

And, Alex, don't go down the Detox road. It's really no way to go through life.

Pretty terrible game by Italy today (the only one I ended up being able to see). Thankfully they got the win, stopping a solid three wager losing skid for me. I'm completely biased, but I don't see how you keep Florenzi out of this lineup. Not for the next match, but for the knockout stage.

I'm also not sure why you put him on the left when he's right-footed, but still, if you're going to be content with looking for the home run ball, he's both a guy who can deliver it and who has the touch to receive it. Getting Zaza in there significantly changed the game today. That's where your win came from.

I'm on Belgium tomorrow and obviously want the win, but part of me hopes it's only 1-0. Because there's no reason Belgium shouldn't shithouse this Swedish side. They're just fucking awful and after the loss today their final game may well be wide open because, really, who gives a shit. They're almost certainly going home. Zero shots in two games. Unreal.

Great work today on getting those goals in the C/C game, guys. Really good calls there.

I am not pulling a "Detox" on you guys by supporting "sports terrorism". No one from the USA will get it, I had a conversation last night at the bar with some people and they don't get it. I have no problem with it. I think the shit that goes down in the USA aren't sport rivalries. I think the ultras make the game just that more intense and more important in soccer. These are real rivals that truly hate each other. They don't go out after the game to have a drink like here. If you go to the North Side in Pittsburgh after a Steelers-Ravens game everyone is mingling and having a good time and it's whatever. Naw fuck that, it should be more, just my .02. Obviously what the Croatian fans did today was against their own team, but as we know , in Europe, soccer and politics are very much intertwined and that is what happened here. I don't want to see anyone die or permanently get hurt, but I want to see some intensity. When I went to a game in Russia, it was hands down, throw away the key, the best sporting event of my life. I've been to Pirates playoff games, Steelers playoff games, NHL games, Bundesliga games. Nothing compares to that intensity. If that makes me an asshole so be it.

Back