****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Agree Wilbon says crazy things but he’s just an old man (they both are). As soon as one of them retires I’ll probably be done

I wish they would make a uefa hard knocks

Kinda like how they did the nhl rosd to the winter classic

Start following CL teams at like quarter finals, focus on those 8 leading up to the finals

I don't mind hard knocks but it's the same thing every year and obviously sensationalized, it's interesting this year because of Baker really

Start following CL teams at like quarter finals, focus on those 8 leading up to the finals
If HBO did 24/7 for that I'm on board

They're doing 24/7 for Tiger/Phil ffs, that match has flown the coup

Netflix did something with juventus last year

I don't mind hard knocks but it's the same thing every year and obviously sensationalized, it's interesting this year because of Baker really

Its an inside look at training camp, just love seeing how it works

Baker is like thr 7th most interesting part this year

Its an inside look at training camp, just love seeing how it works

Baker is like thr 7th most interesting part this year
This is the first time I've watched in a few years, Baker is what makes it interesting to me. The other stuff, been there, done that

Sensationalizing the financial "expert", the 4th QB, the DL trying to make the team...not interesting. Hue isn't either....and Haley/Williams borderline make me cringe, not watchable tv when Williams goes F bomb religiously, and I use it religiously

Ya know what I've overlooked, Tyrod. He's fascinating. Maybe Gordon will be too? I've always liked Landry, they don't show enough of him.

Let’s see

Overpaid talent

Lots thousands of subs

Had no relationship with NFL

Hundreds of layoffs

Built huge studio in New York for a show that can’t get ratings

Took Chris Bergman off countdown , ratings go down( now they are going bring him back)

Decided to drastically cut sportcenter ( now they are bringing that back

Honestly , trying to figure out what he did well

NBA deal turned out to be great as well
Overpaid talent came from a time when in 2013 ESPN ruled the land. Can’t blame him for not seeing streaming take over. Honestly I expect a rebound back to tv from streaming at some point

The New York show ratings mean nothing until nfl starts. IF the ratings stay the same through September, I agree. Grade is N/A right now

Layoffs happen at a lot of companies throughout times. They had a turndown but I don’t think that’s evidence of a bad president. He was also the president at the peak of espns power too.

NBA deal turned out to be great as well
Overpaid talent came from a time when in 2013 ESPN ruled the land. Can’t blame him for not seeing streaming take over. Honestly I expect a rebound back to tv from streaming at some point
Way too early to say NBA deal was great they paid a shitload

Not a big fan of ESPN... find it tiresome but to say John skipper sucked is nuts. Fox sports is a much bigger mess then ESPN. They are losing properties, and not by choice either. They can’t even get their 2ndchannel on most TVs.

Not a big fan of ESPN... find it tiresome but to say John skipper sucked is nuts. Fox sports is a much bigger mess then ESPN. They are losing properties, and not by choice either. They can’t even get their 2ndchannel on most TVs.

You just laid out all the issues ESPn had during his tenure and basically said none of them were the presidents fault

Let's face it, sports in general has always been a dose of reality for most of us and there has been a movement toward marrying it with entertainment, that will fail miserably. I just hope the next generation cares at least 10% of what I did growing up. It's become glorified reality tv and people just don't care as much

Which faults did I name of John skippers? His decisions are no worse then any presidents of a company in the business worl. The problem for him is that his decisions are in full public view.

My company laid off 30% of its workforce 9 years ago and now they are twice the size they were prior to the layoffs. You judge a leader on how he rides the ups and downs, and he kept ESPN afloat in the worst of times by doing things like the nba deal

Which faults did I name of John skippers? His decisions are no worse then any presidents of a company in the business worl. The problem for him is that his decisions are in full public view.

My company laid off 30% of its workforce 9 years ago and now they are twice the size they were prior to the layoffs. You judge a leader on how he rides the ups and downs, and he kept ESPN afloat in the worst of times by doing things like the nba deal

Dude, I wouldn’t get into management if I was you

Also, I don't have a clue what the shows are called, just know they exist with Skip and Shannon and Nick Wright and Cris Carter

Unwatchable would be a solid name I'm guessing

I’d love for braves to explain to farmers in this country how the reasoning they aren’t selling as much is not because of external forces but they just simply grew too much shit

Of course they do

Do you think good managers should have ideas /plans to navigate during tough times ?

Of course you should have contingency plans but you can’t plan for everything. There’s no business in this world, legal or illegal that has run into unforeseen circumstances that no one even thought of that costs them tons of money

There was no way anyone 10 years ago when ESPN was shelling out money for everything under the sun... when cable costs were going up and people were subscribing... that there would be a complete and sudden turn away from cable tv.

Of course you should have contingency plans but you can’t plan for everything. There’s no business in this world, legal or illegal that has run into unforeseen circumstances that no one even thought of that costs them tons of money

Glad you agree that John Skipper wasn’t a good President , that was easy

There was no way anyone 10 years ago when ESPN was shelling out money for everything under the sun... when cable costs were going up and people were subscribing... that there would be a complete and sudden turn away from cable tv.

Ummm yes there was , Netflix had just destroyed Blockbuster .

Cable business was stubborn

Correction* they were steaming apparently but very minimal. Streaming isn’t the reason blockbuster doesn’t exist though

Back