****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Yeap that Cowherd/Whitlock show gonna be a shit show

More Criminal Minds marathons for me

:goal::g:goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal:goal:oal::goal:

Dont like that fit for some reason. I'm not so sure about him in England. Too physical

ya but seems more like Poch type I think he would do well, my dream though would be Embolo

would be very happy with Lacazette too

just need 1 of them, and a CM

then guessing a few get sold (2 of Mason/Carroll/Bentaleb) Yedlin, maybe Chadli

Yeah them talking about soccer seems like it would be kind of awkward. The point about Copa can't be too far off though, wasn't tonight the first win in the tourney for the US since 1995? US soccer has certainly grown (for fans) and their quality of play has increased (it seems that way, at least) in the past 20 years...and the Copa didn't have much of anything to do with that....maybe that's what they meant by their comments? They probably didn't mean that, but it would be understandable if that's the "excuse" they gave about the comment.

I'm not 100% sure, but 1995 is the last time USA actually played in copa. This is a tournament usually played amongst South American teams. For the 100 year anniversary they included all of the Americas. This is a big deal. Winning this thing for the USA, which will not happen, would be the greatest thing in usmnt history. According to teed they are hopefully gonna continue doing this tournament this way. If that happens, this is the 3rd most important tournament right away in the world. It's a big deal.

oh no worries I know

I think biggest factor is just its a sport US doesn't dominate

like look at basketball, Manu was never biggest flopper in the league but he got the most shit for it because he's foreign

you probably right on that Manu shit

I really like that EPL does relegation......that is the best part of club soccer to me( I dont know if Serie A, etc do it but I am sure likely)...I think EPL( I say this generalizing the BIG 3 or 4 SP, GER, FR, you get the idea) could do a a few things to make the finish better...a playoff of sorts...I know they have Champ League, etc and that takes it to next level.

My biggest gripe is the amount of games/leagues.....SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to follow....Club, Champs, etc

I mean shit....this Gold Cup has us in it, but we arent normally in it....sometimes other countries/continents in it.....we host it....

ya know what Im sayin?

I'm not 100% sure, but 1995 is the last time USA actually played in copa. This is a tournament usually played amongst South American teams. For the 100 year anniversary they included all of the Americas. This is a big deal. Winning this thing for the USA, which will not happen, would be the greatest thing in usmnt history. According to teed they are hopefully gonna continue doing this tournament this way. If that happens, this is the 3rd most important tournament right away in the world. It's a big deal.

Right, I understand that. I guess the point was US Soccer is where it is now, and has improved as it has for the past 2 decades without them playing in the Copa...so it can be seen as inconsequential in a way.

Twinkie - this isn't the gold cup. That's a tournament for only North American and Caribbean teams

here was the link alex

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/fut...a-america-tendria-a-eeuu-como-sede-permanente

This Sunday, two leaders of Concacaf practically confirmed. The Copa America will be, of all America, every four years, and with the United States as host.
One of the spokesmen of Concacaf was concrete: "Just a few more little details, like that little" precise, while making the sign with the thumb and forefinger of the closeness of the agreement.
Another spokesmen gives more clues: "Conmebol asked to give their response until after the tournament. But today, they are convinced that the next Congress will be approved. "

Right, I understand that. I guess the point was US Soccer is where it is now, and has improved as it has for the past 2 decades without them playing in the Copa...so it can be seen as inconsequential in a way.

Oh ok. That's true. Nonetheless, they said a loss meant nothing. Winning the whole thing would be "ok". I on the other hand would have thought a loss would be a tragedy. Winning the whole thing would be a miracle

Can't remember who said it a few years ago on here but Americans do love our brackets, why we watch these things

I love the Euro style of promotion/relegation, wish it could be employed here

Oh ok. That's true. Nonetheless, they said a loss meant nothing. Winning the whole thing would be "ok". I on the other hand would have thought a loss would be a tragedy. Winning the whole thing would be a miracle

And I'm certainly not saying that is what they meant by their comments, because they most likely didn't mean that and are just clueless, as you said.

here was the link alex

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/fut...a-america-tendria-a-eeuu-como-sede-permanente

This Sunday, two leaders of Concacaf practically confirmed. The Copa America will be, of all America, every four years, and with the United States as host.
One of the spokesmen of Concacaf was concrete: "Just a few more little details, like that little" precise, while making the sign with the thumb and forefinger of the closeness of the agreement.
Another spokesmen gives more clues: "Conmebol asked to give their response until after the tournament. But today, they are convinced that the next Congress will be approved. "

this is great news. I'd like to see the gold cup go. I know that has confederation cup ramifications. I'd rather see them do this every 4 years at the same time as the euros. It makes too much sense for them to agree to t

I think JK "could" have been fired if they lost tonight and were out of the tourney..

Goodbye fortune if that's the case but I doubt that comes to fruition. Cash your shit out now and sell your property while you can. Rates are gonna be a fine tightrope the next few days.

Can't remember who said it a few years ago on here but Americans do love our brackets, why we watch these things

I love the Euro style of promotion/relegation, wish it could be employed here

yeah it's a great system but the sports system here wouldn't allow for it. The MLS should at least consider it as its way more logistically possible, but they can't even figure out international breaks.

this is great news. I'd like to see the gold cup go. I know that has confederation cup ramifications. I'd rather see them do this every 4 years at the same time as the euros. It makes too much sense for them to agree to t

yeah just give highest placed concacaf finisher the confed cup spot

just change it so there is a qualifying tourney for COpa like there is for euro's for concacaf, and winners get confederations or something

gold cup will be treated even less now

Just have USA and Mexico have a 2 leg qualification for the confederation cup to save everyone's time...

yeah it's a great system but the sports system here wouldn't allow for it. The MLS should at least consider it as its way more logistically possible, but they can't even figure out international breaks.

Went to my first AZ United match last week, looked like a kid's game the organization was shit. Colorado Springs had a couple guys with a small amount of skill. But tough to watch for fluidity.

I do agree with Twinkie about how complicated it all is. If I am gonna start following the game now, I'll acknowledge it wouldn't be easy.

A great player like caudrado not playing well at Chelsea is another Mourinho failure... The list is long..

really?

Was anyone outside of me concerned that South American teams wouldn't care? The emotion I'm seeing in these guys tells me I was dead wrong

Was anyone outside of me concerned that South American teams wouldn't care? The emotion I'm seeing in these guys tells me I was dead wrong

I was on the same page as you, I thought hey would be like "whatever"..not the case

Back