• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Big game today fellas.

Aston Villa vs Newcastle.

Will be a very testy affair, Geordies travel very well here. Last year when I was at this match up, they came in numbers and were very loud. While the Holte End was busy booing Bacuna, Lescott and Richards lol. I do see a shit ton of Yellow Cards here as Villa have one of the worst disciplinary records to date.

I do believe we will line up as follow

Gollini
Richards Chester Elphick Amavi
Adamoh Tshibola Jedinek Grealish
McCormack Kodija

There is talk that Grealish maybe suspended for this match due to his shenanigans again, dude is a total playboy with all the skill and talent to be world class. But his off field antics are cause for concern.

De Laet is out the rest of the season which means Amavi will have to step up big.

Chester/Elphick is no doubt the best possible CB combo, I think the leadership and experience is important and there needs to be a relationship build up between Gollini and the pair.

Middle of the park we MUST have Jedinek, Tshibola hasn't been up to full speed but we need protection to give the attack more of a chance.

Adamoh and Kodija are going to be absolutely important in the attack and space, I think they will have a big game today.

This is a match that has the two biggest spenders and favs for promotion, except right now Villa fans are hitting panic button. Villa fans are known to be impatient and fickle and this is not the right time for it. The Holte End needs to be extremely vocal and supportive its the driving force of the stadium, I know for sure the away end will be packed, Geordies travel well in general but this one is where they have circled and end up taking a piss in Birmingham in the early morning.

Overall this is pretty much the early match of the season for both clubs, Villa need to stop being lucky and be clinical. I usually like Villa overs at Villa Park but not this time. I do think Newcastle will score but the mental approach of this game has the Villa players really focused. I do expect a let down next week but RDM's position has been in question lately, Dr Tony Xia has been vocal about his players and pep talks.
Expect a very tough grind here.

1-0 Aston Villa

That is why developing makes sense

Off one cup game spurs could proboy get 10m for ccv

yep...be very interesting if JK calls him in to cap tie him for these October friendlies, not even sure if those are intenational dates, so spurs may not have to rls him

agree be very concerned about size and all that running, knees/feet etc after even 4-5 more years if that

he wouldn't fit into eithers 18 WC plans

wouldn't be terrible if we lost him to England, but John Brooks frame 6-6, and constant knee injuries have me concerned about his future
Ya they just like to lock players with dual citizenship early

Theres a bunch of players with 1 cap

kj, you like UCLA tonight?

I do not think Stanford are overrated, but I never hear any love for them....it's one of the strangest lines I've ever seen and think it could be a shoot out, and in those type of games it certainly wouldn't shock me to see UCLA win. Bookmakers have obviously taken their stance, and the best pro on the field will be taking snaps, at home, for the team catching points. Just a really odd line and if you bet on Stanford looks like you'll be joining 83% of your best friends at this point.

UW are the class of the P12 by a mile imo, and by a mile I might really mean 10 miles

I do not think Stanford are overrated, but I never hear any love for them....it's one of the strangest lines I've ever seen and think it could be a shoot out, and in those type of games it certainly wouldn't shock me to see UCLA win. Bookmakers have obviously taken their stance, and the best pro on the field will be taking snaps, at home, for the team catching points. Just a really odd line and if you bet on Stanford looks like you'll be joining 83% of your best friends at this point.

UW are the class of the P12 by a mile imo, and by a mile I might really mean 10 miles

Rosen is great, be first pick in the draft if he could go this year..tanking for Rosen could be a real thing next season

I'd say if you have Stanford -3 or 2.5 as it is now, up 5 with 45 secs left and UCLA have the ball with 75 yds to go, you shouldn't feel comfy at all

damn, that line was +3 even money late last night, should have jump on it, just going ml UCLA at this point...

having said all that I'd likely buy the half pt unless you're getting a ton of value on the ML, what is it?

Back