****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

That makes me feel better.

Can you imagine if, off the pitch, Ronaldo is like this amazing human and Messi is just a total fucking shit?

I was as well, I was expecting to see some narcissistic prick with little self-awareness about what a prick he was, but he was surprisingly thoughtful while still being the victim, as most humans would, of the trappings of his money & fame.

Still, Joe, none of the top 4 have any excuses for losing from 2-0 up

Oh, I agree. But it happens. Tennis and golf, man, when it goes—it can go just like that.

And as someone who played tennis for a long time growing up, I can tell you, it is the worst fucking feeling. Because you know it's going on. And if you try harder it makes it worse, it's a fucking death spiral of misery.

surprisingly thoughtful while still being the victim, as most humans would, of the trappings of his money & fame.

Yeah, people in the US often don't realize how famous footballers are worldwide. If you're Ronaldo or Messi, really, there aren't a lot of places you can go in the world where you're not going to be mobbed.

Other than parts of the US, that is. Ha.

Federer delivered one of the all-time greatest mooses today. Anyone who had Cilic +3.5 games has permission to commit suicide and have no-one whine about what cowards they are.

God I want this Portugal team to advance from a betting standpoint.

If an undermanned Wales team can create chances like that, France and/or Germany will fucking shithouse these frauds.

Federer delivered one of the all-time greatest mooses today. Anyone who had Cilic +3.5 games has permission to commit suicide and have no-one whine about what cowards they are.

THAT AND they got a shitty line.... i had +4.5 and dipped to 4... but 3.5 as a 3/1 dog thats shitty line

Murray letting that coughing broad get into his head was quite the tell. He stared her down after he lost that game.

God I want this Portugal team to advance from a betting standpoint.

If an undermanned Wales team can create chances like that, France and/or Germany will fucking shithouse these frauds.

Getting to the semi's without winning a game isn't an accomplishment of the positive kind, the way people make it sound.

murray will steam roll Birdshit.... and i think Federer will beat Milos.... i think Milos is soo stiff from the baseline.... Fed handles big servers well and with milos serve n volley game Fed will relish a target.....just dont see how milos competes from baseline only shot is to serve great and take it to the lottery TB

Portugal in the midfield right now is like a 15 year old with a hooker. They can do anything they want, but they don't have the first clue where to even start.

Well they did possibly play the match of the tournament against Hungary, so there's that

Bob Ley talking about how France and Germany are watching and all I can think is them sitting there going, "Would you look at this fucking shit?"

IMO Portugal's chance comes from France & Germany playing out an absolute Donnybrook and leaving the winner with little in the tank for the final (that's exactly what happened in the 82 WC final: Italy was the better team, but benefited from Germany having had all their energy sucked out of them in getting past France in the semis). Plus if Germany makes it, you can bet that every Frenchman in the stands for the final will be cheering CR7's mob.

I could see France/Germany being the USA/Russia game of the 1980 Olympics. Where whoever wins comes out flat in the championship. But the reality is that Portugal still sucks Mouse nuts.

The more they can do here to get me a good line against them in the finals, the more I'll appreciate it.

I haven't looked at the number, but how do people feel about the number of corners over in tomorrow's game?

I feel like we're going to get a good bit of offense out of that matchup.

I'd fancy France more than Germany. Every square & his dog wouldn't hesitate to be on Germany as winners of the WC vs. Portugal never having done anything except choke in their previous Euros final. Plus Spain's feat of winning the Euros (2012) immediately following a WC win (2010) was an extremely rare feat (only France in 1998 & 2000 had managed it before). To have it happen twice in a row is historically unprecedented. I respect historical barriers.

I respect historical barriers.

It's one of your most admirable traits, really.

I agree with you on France. I want to see them get through. Apparently the game is in Marseille tomorrow where they the home field advantage should be even better because of the stadium. Or so the commentators mentioned in France's last game.

talking of historical football, here's something about the past worth watching

[video=youtube;gJdjxW6cEmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJdjxW6cEmQ[/video]

I'll take 2-0.

Let's see if that gets us anywhere near a good line going into the final.

Congrats, Portugal backers and fans.

@BC: if germany advances, good part of the public will support Portugal. There is an important portugal community in France and especially in Paris.

Back