****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

In 3 straight knockout games, the 1st scoring team has lost.

Statistically, that is unfuckingbelievable.

Basically that streak says, whoever scores 1st between Germany & Italy is a lock to make the semis.

Well, I was caught up with work stuff all AM so I recorded the game and tried to avoid the score. Which I managed quite well until a 'Breaking News' tweet like ten minutes ago.

I haven't watched it yet, and I'm sure I'll fast-forward through a lot of it now that I know the score, but I will admit I was wrong on Belgium I guess. Good on Wales.

And shame on me by being scared off on some of the numbers that suggested an under when I was extremely high on this total all week. I still got a little on it, but not what I'd originally planned. Can't complain about a win, though. Thank you, Gambling Gods.

Congrats, Wales backers, great fucking call.

No cards in the 1h, 7 Italians playing with a yellow could be a huge problem later with all of this German possession

i mean it's easy for me to say it takes 1 goal to start things up because the Italians would be very happy to go 0-0 all the way. But it just seems Italians are very much content with waiting out the counter and I do feel they will strike

If the Hungary/Belgium game is excised because the Hungarian defense was basically non-existent/the worst that's been on show, then 2nd halves in knockout games have only produced 8 goals (vs. 12 in the 1st halves). Very unusual for the 1st h to be so much higher scoring, but that's the current theme for this Euro's.

Even with the Hungary game incl., it's still 13-11 in favour of the 1st h.

Back