Significant Portal Moves 2022

Tyler Steen (OT) commits to Alabama. Should help shore up a unit that was pretty sub-standard last year

Tyler Harrell (WR) from Louisville transfers to Alabama. Not a whole lot of production so far, but has top end speed

Someone at USC is dropping the bag and Jordan Addison is reportedly leaving Pitt for them. Very upsetting

Just saw your text...

Can't wait for an inept organization to try to regulate any part of this

They tried to get Aaron Donald and Fitz to get him on the phone but he said nope. I would understand if Pitt was going to suck next year but they are preseason top 15, maybe top 10.

There is some talk he didn’t like Slovis and the new offense but it’s pretty defeating to lose a player like this

They tried to get Aaron Donald and Fitz to get him on the phone but he said nope. I would understand if Pitt was going to suck next year but they are preseason top 15, maybe top 10.

There is some talk he didn’t like Slovis and the new offense but it’s pretty defeating to lose a player like this
Believe me, we just went through it with Hunter. B12 freshman of the year and out of the blue wants to transfer for a bigger payday with one of the blue bloods. Was basically a sucker punch to the gut.

Saban tried to tell y'all. But like every other time, people just said it was because he was scared.

I do think after a year or two, there will be a move to have uniform rules for all NCAA member schools, and the blatant rule breaking that is occurring right now will mostly disappear. But this will leave a mark on the sport no doubt

There's smoke about some Bama booster trying to hit Dalton Kincaid with NIL funds. Riley is already under the microscope. It's going to ruin college sports.

There's smoke about some Bama booster trying to hit Dalton Kincaid with NIL funds. Riley is already under the microscope. It's going to ruin college sports.
I'm sure there is and quite possibly (probably) true. Because the NCAA just closed it's eyes and ears and hoped it would go away, there's no current regulation of it and boosters or whomever are basically free to do what they want. It will eventually be regulated to some extent, but it's essentially open season right now. I do think it will work itself out. Boosters will get tired of paying money for little to no benefit. Players who keep chasing NIL deals will fail to develop properly and be out of football once their eligibility expires, and the programs that continue to send the most players to the NFL will continue to get the best players. These NIL deals are a good bit of money to most of the athletes, but they pale in comparison to a first round NFL contract. That point will get across eventually

I'm sure there is and quite possibly (probably) true. Because the NCAA just closed it's eyes and ears and hoped it would go away, there's no current regulation of it and boosters or whomever are basically free to do what they want. It will eventually be regulated to some extent, but it's essentially open season right now. I do think it will work itself out. Boosters will get tired of paying money for little to no benefit. Players who keep chasing NIL deals will fail to develop properly and be out of football once their eligibility expires, and the programs that continue to send the most players to the NFL will continue to get the best players. These NIL deals are a good bit of money to most of the athletes, but they pale in comparison to a first round NFL contract. That point will get across eventually
I hope you are correct

I hope you are correct
I have very little faith in the NCAA to do anything, so the only hope for regulation will be from the schools/conferences. I'm all for NIL as it is intended, but boosters hiding behind it as inducement to lure recruits is a step back to how it was in the 70's and 80's

I have very little faith in the NCAA to do anything, so the only hope for regulation will be from the schools/conferences. I'm all for NIL as it is intended, but boosters hiding behind it as inducement to lure recruits is a step back to how it was in the 70's and 80's
Yeah, this is an absolute shit show right now.

Yeah, this is an absolute shit show right now.
Depends how you look at it. They've been a failing organization for years but the biggest failure in our lifetimes as president is finally going away.

I really don't know how they rebound, the scam has been unearthed and CFB will be minor league football soon, with compensation. I just don't see another way around it.

Depends how you look at it. They've been a failing organization for years but the biggest failure in our lifetimes as president is finally going away.

I really don't know how they rebound, the scam has been unearthed and CFB will be minor league football soon, with compensation. I just don't see another way around it.
It’s a big deal in the B10 and SEC
That much I know.
Don’t really see it “failing”

It’s a big deal in the B10 and SEC
That much I know.
Don’t really see it “failing”
Won't fail as a for profit minor league system if that was your point twink

You don't want college sports to become a regional thing, most of the country will go elsewhere for entertainment

Won't fail as a for profit minor league system if that was your point twink

You don't want college sports to become a regional thing, most of the country will go elsewhere for entertainment
Seems like it’s already that way, no

I’m not for all this unregulated Wild West either tho

Again, I think it needs regulation but it’ll be the same teams right there like usual.

Maybe Clemson falls off, but seemed like a dip anyway

Then there is a school like Mich which has a "money cannon" but will only use it the "right way". They just never learn.
Since the post got a laugh.... I'll expound on that... They refuse to use it during the recruiting process other than to lay out the potential.

We've seen the TAMUs and Tennessee's of the world basically toss an offer out to get a recruit to verbally commit.

Since the post got a laugh.... I'll expound on that... They refuse to use it during the recruiting process other than to lay out the potential.

We've seen the TAMUs and Tennessee's of the world basically toss an offer out to get a recruit to verbally commit.
I laughed because I wish ISU had the ability to money cannon. Hard to do in a small market while trying to maintain high standards in football and basketball.

I cringe when I look at the highest paid state employees are, at least we finally somehow found a way to compete with Iowa

This new wave of NIL will require voters to increase taxes to stay competitive and they will face their ultimate nightmares...pay more taxes or be irrelevant in the big sports a decade from now.

Sounds like rules and regulations are coming soon, and that punishment for direct booster involvement with recruiting and payment can be punished retroactively. Will no doubt be hard to prove, but some schools out there will no doubt be worried

Ok. I’m really not being funny or a dick, but what does that translate to for you as an alum/fan?

Little bit better bowl game?

I'm not an alum. It translates to a better roster. What that means is anyone's guess but we pulled a decent starting qb from Texas, a decent starting wr from LSU, an all conf type of DE from TCU, a highly rated backup QB from FSU, a potential starter in the OL from Okie Lite, a highly rated potential starter at CB from ASU, a potential starter at DT from Tex Tech, and are in on a couple of other players from Florida and Bama. Seems like a pretty good deal for us.

I'm not an alum. It translates to a better roster. What that means is anyone's guess but we pulled a decent starting qb from Texas, a decent starting wr from LSU, an all conf type of DE from TCU, a highly rated backup QB from FSU, a potential starter in the OL from Okie Lite, a highly rated potential starter at CB from ASU, a potential starter at DT from Tex Tech, and are in on a couple of other players from Florida and Bama. Seems like a pretty good deal for us.
Mel Tucker West!

Back