Significant Portal Moves 2022

Rumors are hot and heavy that Spencer Rattler is all but wrapped up for UCLA.

I haven't seen anything official, but it seems like a good fit for him.

Jake Haener removes his name from portal, staying at Fresno St

Happened as soon as Jeff Tedford announced he is returning as HC. Tedford stepped down for health reasons after rebuilding the Fresno program and has a reputation as a QB guru

Jake Haener removes his name from portal, staying at Fresno St

Happened as soon as Jeff Tedford announced he is returning as HC. Tedford stepped down for health reasons after rebuilding the Fresno program and has a reputation as a QB guru

Yep and guessing the whole thing is mutual as to how they kept it in place

Fresno suddenly becomes play on for motivation, UTEP will have a crowd but it really depends on who actually wants to do the cold in ABQ

<iframe width="388" height="218" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He looks like he should be on a '70's Steelers team. Landon Morris also committed to Utah today. Looking good in SLC at the moment.

Bo Nix and Tank to the portal. Hopefully Tank to the Vols. Garner was one of his main recruiters at Auburn and believe UT was in his final choices out of Hs

Not looking good for Harsin other than the buyout money he'll be getting. Always seemed like an odd fit, and didn't seem to have the full support of the boosters.
We all said it in the beginning. To dance with that administration and booster situation it takes a different kinda cat

Not looking good for Harsin other than the buyout money he'll be getting. Always seemed like an odd fit, and didn't seem to have the full support of the boosters.

I think I was one of the few that liked the hire. Appears I was completely wrong but I do think he’s a good coach. Maybe not the right fit and there were a few head scratching decisions this year. Guess it’s going be be choppy waters for a while but it’s not like Auburn fans aren’t used to it.

I think I was one of the few that liked the hire. Appears I was completely wrong but I do think he’s a good coach. Maybe not the right fit and there were a few head scratching decisions this year. Guess it’s going be be choppy waters for a while but it’s not like Auburn fans aren’t used to it.
I think he's what AU needed as far not being beholden to a group of long-time boosters, but you have to win big to break that cycle. I don't know that he has the recruiting chops to survive in the SEC, but before the injuries piled up, AU was looking much improved

Every day I like the portal idea a little more. I like everything about it. Gives players freedom to move, gives coaches a way to get rid of guys who aren't working out, makes football more interesting.

Also teaches a harsh lesson to guys who have inflated idea of how good they are--more than a thousand guys entered the portal last year and didn't get a single offer. Gets rid of a lot of deadwood with big egos

But the best thing about it is how it gives the have-nots something they have never had before--a way to rebuild the roster and become competitive in one recruiting cycle.

And the teams I like most, the teams who get two and three star guys and guys who are overlooked and make great players out of them over their career--teams like Iowa, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Kentucky--almost never lose guys unless they advise them to leave, but they all add a player or two every year

Now, in additional to the portal, if they would just make the extra year players got because of covid a permanent rule that applies from now on, the game would be a lot better

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KJ
The portal is lit. Love it. It's like NBA free agency. Some big names. Surprised Lane hasn't snatched one of these qbs yet.

Amazing how many of these portal guys go to a school where a former assistant at their old school has moved rather than stepping back and doing an objective analysis of which school is best for them in the long run
Comfort factor?

Amazing how many of these portal guys go to a school where a former assistant at their old school has moved rather than stepping back and doing an objective analysis of which school is best for them in the long run
Or maybe a chance to play in the SEC for a team that literally can't go anywhere but up, especially considering the additions made. SC got very lucky in some wins and over exceeded expectations with literal negative offensive output and a defense that was objectively solid considering they spent 75% of most games on the field. You add a QB, a couple OL, and fill some holes in the D that have all happened so far and maybe we got a product that won't be cringeworthy to watch all season.

Not to say this is the best overall look, I am a bit surprised at Rattler coming to SC. But, the chance to come to a SEC school and immediately be the man and probably adorned by fans the second you step on campus doesn't seem so bad.

Bigger question for me is now that Rattler has announced coming to SC does Beamer wake up and use that to leverage hiring a new OC or does he stay pat with Satterfield.

Bigger question for me is now that Rattler has announced coming to SC does Beamer wake up and use that to leverage hiring a new OC or does he stay pat with Satterfield.
Austin Stogner followed Rattler too, yeah?

• Angry
Reactions: KJ
Don’t know where the crootin thread is but Deion just got the number 1 overall player to go to Jackson St and Barstool deal to boot

Prime's Instagram was on fire. Amazing get. Has that kid ever been to Jackson? Not sure whatever NIL money he got can make his years in Jackson bearable.

FSU had 5 defensive coaches at Hunters state title game Saturday night. They knew they were screwed.

Record didn't really show it, but I thought they were pretty solid whenever I watched them.

Back