Should LSU put Fire on Les Miles?

There was a recent article that stated he would get a raise of 5 million over two years if they get into a P5. So if he were to stay for year 2 of the Big 12 he would be one of the highest paid coaches in the game.

Houston couldn't sell out the Oilers , in the playoffs, with Earl and Bum.
It's not a sports crazy town unless it's Katy, Cyfair, LaMarque or dare I say Yates......no not Yates, horrible colors.

If Houston enters the Big 12, it is far more likely that Herman stays there. Like you mention, he's in a recruiting hot bed. You think Hurts is at Alabama if a Big 12 powerhouse is just down the street? And at the moment, the Big 12 has a much easier path to a conference championship and possible playoff berth than the SEC.

i always wonder about this?

and just how true it is.......if coaches are about the "easy path" thing?

i always wonder about this?

and just how true it is.......if coaches are about the "easy path" thing?

I'd say absolutely true for most. You pay a guy $4MM+ a year, he feels the heat even if he goes 10-2 every year but doesn't win the conference. Would think LSU fans would understand that as well as anyone. Now certainly not every coach is like that, some are arrogant enough to think they can win against the odds

I'd say absolutely true for most. You pay a guy $4MM+ a year, he feels the heat even if he goes 10-2 every year but doesn't win the conference. Would think LSU fans would understand that as well as anyone. Now certainly not every coach is like that, some are arrogant enough to think they can win against the odds

this is exactly what we need

we have to play you all every year

They mentioned last night that LSU hasn't scored in the 4th quarter this season. That is inexcusable

I have to think that he would be gone today if LA wasn't bankrupt.....someone will write some checks, but no way he makes it through the season...I'm sure there top 3 recruiting class will start rumbling.....not that they would know what to do with the talent

He would've been gone years ago.....they are saying it's done

Not like a shocker but it's flying around that it will be announced tonight or AM

What is really sad is that they are going to go after the Houston coach or some other fast paced offensive genius and we can lump LSU into the graveyard with other teams that played actual football.

unfortunately, "Not Football" beats "football" in today's sport (other than a few elite schools that just recruit so go good it doesn't matter, yes I am talking about ohio state and bama.

What is really sad is that they are going to go after the Houston coach or some other fast paced offensive genius and we can lump LSU into the graveyard with other teams that played actual football.

unfortunately, "Not Football" beats "football" in today's sport (other than a few elite schools that just recruit so go good it doesn't matter, yes I am talking about ohio state and bama.

dude I can't watch it anymore. I am starting to hate him....and he is a nice niv=ce man by all accounts I will take a pro style offense, but we have to have some kind of people to run it....recruit for it....stop pissing away all this NFL talent

and we should be right there with those schools if you look at the recruiting

even more embarrasing really becaiuse LSU doesn't even have to go that far to do it that much......not like those 2 you mentoined

Ya LSU should be with those other schools. And i am not saying Miles doesn't deserve to be fired at this point or that it isn't necessary. I am just saying we are about to lose another smashmouth team and turn them into unwatchable Texas longhorn style offense. It is going to happen. I am probably a decade away from just watching CFL and giving up on the American version of the sport.

This is my biggest fear but I wouldn't necessarily lump Herman into that group.

It is time for a change but I fully expect this clueless administration to go overboard looking for the anti-Miles from an offensive perspective and end up with something exactly like you describe.

Texas Tech is one of my favorite teams to watch. Terrible on defense but that offense is sick

They come to Manhattan in a couple weeks. Should be a good one. KSU had a 4 game winning streak against them until losing last year in Lubbock

What have the LSU message boards put out so far on the hot board for next coach?
I think any boards out there right now are just summarizing what the fans are saying, which is mostly Herman and Jimbo (because of the rumors from last year). I think it will be November before anyone has a good idea of how the search is actually progressing.

I've said Patterson for a couple years, but that doesn't seem likely.....24/7 had a list....some are ridiculous.
Everyone leads with Herm and Jimbo though......

I hope coach O is interim only.....I don't want any confusion, and I hope he only wants to man the ship until we get our guy...

Problem is.....I really really like the rest of the staff....so it goes weird...

Back