serie A -week 4

buffalo_bill

Pretty much a regular
huge game juve vs roma .... i'm loving Roma here

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=458 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Serie A Week 4 - 23/9/07 (14.00 UK)[/FONT]
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=70 rowSpan=4>
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=70 rowSpan=4>
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma-Juventus[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Stadio Olimpico[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><HR SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Even after Juventus’ defeat left them three points off the top, this is still a leadership battle between potential Scudetto winners. Above all, it is their first real meeting since the Calciopoli scandal.

Roma felt they were among the most affronted clubs by disgraced former Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi and Francesco Totti even suggested they were able to reinforce their squad over the summer only because Big Luciano was no longer pulling the transfer market strings.

Decades of bad blood between the clubs have always made this a tense and keenly felt encounter. Juve have won on their last two trips here, including a humiliating 4-1 result in November 2005, but the memory of their 4-0 defeat 18 months earlier still stings too.

It’s the first time in almost four years that the Giallorossi have topped the table on their own. The only side with a 100 per cent record and three consecutive clean sheets, they are the form team in Serie A. Juan, Simone Perrotta, David Pizarro and Christian Panucci seem to have put their injury worries behind them, so only Marco Andreolli is thought to be a doubt for this game. Luciano Spalletti faces his first huge challenge this week with the Champions League opener against Dinamo Kiev followed by this showdown with Juventus.

Claudio Ranieri could be tempted to tinker after the disappointing 1-0 home loss to Udinese. It was their first defeat in Turin in Serie A for two years and highlighted once again the lack of cohesion between defence and midfield. Mauro Camoranesi’s right thigh injury changed that game and Juve may be forced to do without him for quite some time.

With Jonathan Zebina sitting out a four-match ban and injuries to Marco Marchionni, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Zdenek Grygera and Hasan Salihamidzic, it looks as if youngsters Giorgio Chiellini, Domenico Criscito and Antonio Nocerino must man the fort. The latter is in doubt though too after he was run over by a car earlier this week, but fortunately suffered only minor injuries. Tiago Mendes continues to struggle and is set for the bench again unless Nocerino is ruled out, while Alessandro Del Piero is tipped to partner David Trezeguet.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep an eye on:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Francesco Totti (Roma) – Nobody feels the pressure and excitement of this match more than the captain, who has netted in the last two consecutive games.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Last season: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Not played

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Form guide: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma (- - W W W) Juventus (- - W W L)[/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><HR SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma (probable): [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro; Taddei, Perrotta, Giuly; Totti[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus (probable): [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Buffon; Birindelli, Andrade, Criscito, Chiellini; Nocerino, Almiron, Zanetti, Nedved; Trezeguet, Del Piero[/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

At Olimpico?

Yeah, it's tough not to like them the way they've been playing. Big match. I really wish I could watch this one.

I may take the ride with you, and if Gigi stones 'em and pitches the shutout I'll live with it.

Forza Roma.

Should be a good match.

Remember that time Juve beat Roma 0-5 in Rome a few years ago.

But this time the home side should come out on top.

I would be careful with this game..I mean it's an important match but it's not a good match to bet in my opinion..
This is the first important match for some juve players in the last 18 months and I think they are focused on doing well..they had time all week to focus on this match while Roma played champions league on wednesday, players like Panucci and Totti could be tired and not 100%..Roma is playing great no doubt but I still don't like their defense (yeah they have done great so far), I think Mexes may have some problems with Trezeguet..they have better midfielders than juventus no doubt..
To sum up I think Roma would have value at +130 or greater and I see some value in draw..anyway no bet for me
..but maybe I say this because I am a Juve fan!!

I'm a fan of juve as well, and i know they will be pumped up for this one. But the fact is right now roma is by far the better team, and roma will be just as fired up to play juve, they haven't forgotten the beating they got last time. I think this is a statement game for roma this team is on a mission this year.

where you at in Italy? :cheers:

juve has struggled of late and roma has looked very sharp all year long. i think that piece of shit totti and his boys from roma dont forget that last beat down. i like roma as well.

Here I am Joe... decided go put money down on this game jsut 2 minutes ago.

ROMA 260 to win 200. Small bet because I don't like these huge matchups and the historic rivalry and bad blood for eachother. I never bet on my home teams and have only once before with Roma.. and lost it bad against Man U when it was a debacle of 7-1. Let's do this.

Also picked Lazio at 500 to win 1k. HUGE play looking for a good knock of of Atalanta. I love Lazioooooooooooooooo!

good luck all.

there has been a lot of action on the Atalanta/Lazio draw but i fancy someone to come out with a victory here. Too difficult for me to predict but the season is young. If this match up was later in the season i'd be all over the draw but right now the action was leaning towards Atalanta with the handicaps not really getting effected so something must be up.

I do like Palermo/Cagliari Draw, Genoa/Sampdoria draw as well. But I'm not playing yet, next week i'll get into it. No point playing the top clubs really, there is no value.

Good Luck everyone

Mike

That
Picture
Is
RIDICULOUS!
haha love it!

Did you take Roma?

not today buddy. was going to but its such a big match and Roma have had little time to prepare. I wasn't going to take Juve either but it might be a lot closer than most might think. Good Luck though

Typical Roma fashion... reason I said I don't bet on my home team and I did and they fucked me again. Way to own the match till the 88th minute fellas. FUCKIN MALAKAS!

i can't believe that guy takes too long on a throw in with 3 mins left... roma should have scored at least 3 more goals..sigh

Well as I had said draw had some value...honestly I think this is the right result..Juventus had some occasions to score (failed penalty by Del Piero and another shoot by Del Piero in the first half that was very dangerous)..
Iaquinta made a great match..anyway our defense really sucks and now Andrade is done for the season...
Sorry for all you guys that bet Roma..

Back