Semis, Finals and 3rd place Discussion

Did you have Portugal 2016 BC?

I don't remember what became of me, but I'm drawing utter blanks memory wise regarding the final 3 games of that tournament. The last match I recall being involved in live is the Bel/Wales QF. Given the matches would've been during my normal sleep hours otherwise, no doubt something must've arose which cut short my involvement. So no, I didn't have Port in the F nor their SF.

Couple of days back I even went back into the old pages in CTG's football forum to see if I'd posted around that time, and my last posts were to do with the QF discussion thread. I saw no SF or F discussion thread that had been created.

Before I snooze I'll just say tomorrow is a big match for Belgium. Not for England. It's simple really.

Wait I spend a fuck ton of hours on this over the years and am supposed to care about vanzack? Why?

He know his stuff. He's the opposite of a mush. You usually don't want to be opposite his pick. You don't have to like or care what someone's about to respect their picks.

I'll get involved with the Belgians here.
Aside from the fact that I rate the Belgians as better players and team I like the situation as well.

Belgium had their emotional high against Brazil then lost against France in a letdown spot. Now they had one day more to recover from that loss and seem more focused as a group than the English who were already talking about "football coming home!". 3rd place game is definitely the letdown for them.

As has been stated many times the English struggle with scoring. I also think Kane is overvalued in this tournament due to his 6 goals, but looking more closely. 3 Penalties, 1 deflection which is more accident than skill (unless you want to count that to strikers instinct) and all of a sudden you have only 2 goals remaining.

Belgium can create and has killer instinct, the English have neither.

I'll grab some Belgium in 90 and Belgium -1,5 smaller.

He know his stuff. He's the opposite of a mush. You usually don't want to be opposite his pick. You don't have to like or care what someone's about to respect their picks.
I'll take it a step further. If someone posts at covers dot com I absolutely get to question their character. The end.

Middle Linebacker Phil Jones! He’s -800 to get a yellow or and OG.

Love Belgium to win. I’m ice cold in this thing they’ll probably get smoked.

I am in the process of checking the betting options for the final and noticed the penalty prop.
Penalty in the game +162
That seems very low. If I remember correctly it was around +400 in the other games in this WC. Can anyone confirm that it used to be much higher than in the final?

Last edited:
Back