Selection Sunday Discussion and In-Game

Mich and UW will be 1 and 2 but I don't think it really matters between those two. Obviously it will affect the matchups but the committee can do whatever they want to control those.

Mich and UW will be 1 and 2 but I don't think it really matters between those two. Obviously it will affect the matchups but the committee can do whatever they want to control those.
Both would want Pasadena.

Michigan resume is better, they'll be #1 and play in The Rose Bowl Game.

Both would want Pasadena.

Michigan resume is better, they'll be #1 and play in The Rose Bowl Game.
I simply don't see them sending UW to NOLA and they can make the much better case for sending Mich there. It doesn't matter who is 1 or 2, they likely will base things on matchups anyway.

I simply don't see them sending UW to NOLA and they can make the much better case for sending Mich there. It doesn't matter who is 1 or 2, they likely will base things on matchups anyway.
Michigan will be in Pasadena. They will have the pick as 1 seed.

I agree Michigan will be #1 seed, but I don't think their resume is better. Wins vs Ohio St & Penn St vs Washington's two wins vs Oregon, USC, Utah & Oregon St. Personally, I think Michigan is the better team though.

If the selection committee wants to do the "right thing" it will put Michigan, Washington, Texas & FSU in the playoff, but if they want to give the public the best games possible it will be Alabama in instead of FSU. I'd much rather see Bama in but FSU would definitely have an argument that they got screwed

The more I thought about it, the more I realized how ridiculous my earlier comment was about the right thing being done in anything related to college football. It's been years since the right thing mattered in any aspect of the sport.

I agree Michigan will be #1 seed, but I don't think their resume is better. Wins vs Ohio St & Penn St vs Washington's two wins vs Oregon, USC, Utah & Oregon St. Personally, I think Michigan is the better team though.
if we are ranking conferences - they all suck this year - but big ten is historically bad - penn state and ohio state versions are not that good

what we know is washington state beat wisconsin so basically the entire big ten after the top 3.........pac is probably better

FSU needs to be in. I came away more impressed with florida state tonight then I have all year - i thought they were a soft offensive based team with weak defense - i've been writing all their performances off all year after boston collegte

This team put out the best defensive performance of any playoff team on the year. Massive grit.

All the teams are down so why can't FSU compete ?? if we knew it all oregon should be in and they shouldn't of even played that game

The backup rodemacker should be healthy by playoffs - FSU has as good a resume as anybody. Beating LSU as handily as bama.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized how ridiculous my earlier comment was about the right thing being done in anything related to college football. It's been years since the right thing mattered in any aspect of the sport.
This end-of-season stuff is fantastic. Let’s keep it so the on field results matter. If it’s just reputation deciding the playoff, we can wait and just start watching when they get down to 12 next year.

FSU needs to be in. I came away more impressed with florida state tonight then I have all year - i thought they were a soft offensive based team with weak defense - i've been writing all their performances all year after boston collegte

This team put out the best defensive performance of any playoff team on the year. Massive grit.

All the teams are down so why can't FSU compete ?? if we knew it all oregon should be in and they shouldn't of even played that game

The backup rodemacker should be healthy by playoffs - FSU has as good a resume as anybody. Beating LSU as handily as bama.

Louisville was unbridled garbage tonight.

I know I'm betting against Louisville in their bowl if they play a team with a half decent pass rush. Plummer looked like a deer in headlights most of the night.

SEC on the outside is good for business because it will justify the playoff expansion. UGA Bama run it back for a quazi champion.

That is saying next to nothing.
this is true......what i'm saying is washington was dead in water barely beating arizona state, stanford, the worst teams you can imagine that I am sure are Way worse then louisville. And nobody had them touching oregon in the rematch. So humans just shouldn't be the judge imo it should matter on the field.

Alabama, georgia, michigan, all are worse then past editions and don't make the playoffs last few years imo - florida state can compete with them. Absolutely.

So what i'm really saying is why does everyone suck this year. Louisville and oklahoma state in a conference championship and iowa.

I feel bad for FSU because I think they're going to be left out, but the problem with saying they're undefeated & should get in is that the on-field results, in this case 12-0 vs 11-1 aren't equal. With 130 teams in division 1 there's bound to be large variations in SOS. Does anyone believe if we switch Bama & FSU's schedules that FSU doesn't have 2-3 losses & Bama is undefeated? This scenario is the3 exact reason I've wanted an expanded playoff before they even had a playoff. D2, D3 & FCS all have 24-32 team playoff systems. I'll settle for 12 next year, but it's too bad we had the first season in recent memory where there were probably more than 3 teams that could legitimately win the national championship.

this is true......what i'm saying is washington was dead in water barely beating arizona state, stanford, the worst teams you can imagine that I am sure are Way worse then louisville. And nobody had them touching oregon in the rematch. So humans just shouldn't be the judge imo it should matter on the field.

Alabama, georgia, michigan, all are worse then past editions and don't make the playoffs last few years imo - florida state can compete with them. Absolutely.

So what i'm really saying is why does everyone suck this year. Louisville and oklahoma state in a conference championship and iowa.
You definitely have a valid point.

Another thing to consider, although I'm not really into conspiracy theories, is will the committee do their best to give Michigan the most difficult path possible to winning the NC? Thinking a semi vs the Tide would be a bit more imposing then FSU with a backup QB. I honestly have no idea who has influence with the selections, or how powerful that influence is, just spit balling.

SEC ooc is interesting.

Remember, they play 4 ooc.

Georgia played no one.
Bama played Texas and got smoked
LSU played FSU and got smoked
Tennessee no one
Ole Miss beat Tulane
Kentucky beat Louisville

That's it, 1-2 ranked ooc wins (if I'm missing one, tell me).

Bama SOS is excellent though.

Interesting year for that conference.

This can be the case for many teams, just pointing out the conference as a whole didn't perform great vs ooc... and they play extra ooc games...

SEC ooc is interesting.

Remember, they play 4 ooc.

Georgia played no one.
Bama played Texas and got smoked
LSU played FSU and got smoked
Tennessee no one
Ole Miss beat Tulane
Kentucky beat Louisville

That's it, 1-2 ranked ooc wins (if I'm missing one, tell me).

Bama SOS is excellent though.

Interesting year for that conference.

This can be the case for many teams, just pointing out the conference as a whole didn't perform great vs ooc... and they play extra ooc games...
Okay, this guy sums this up much better...

Texas is basically an SEC team now, though. Will be funny if they win it. Their fans were chanting SEC after winning the Big 12. Haha. Bama obviously better than FSU currently. Tough decision but they should go with the Noles. Would be a lot better for your boys in Michigan.

Miss State beat Arizona. That’s a surprise quality win. Pac 12 actually had the fewest top 25 wins OOC. Glad Washington will make it nonetheless. Oregon was a total fraud.

Pinnacle has lines up for Michigan - Alabama and Texas - Washington. Don't know if they got leaked information or just guessing

Back