Season win totals out at 5dimes...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alabama: 10.5 (Over -140, Under +100)
Auburn: Over 9.5 (Over -155, Under +115)
Baylor: 9.5 (Over -130, Under -110)
BYU: 8.5 (Over -160, Under +120)
Clemson: 9.5 (Over -150, Under -190)
Duke: 8.5 (Over +120, Under -160)
Florida: 7.5 (Over +110, Under -150)
Georgia: 9.5 (Over -120, Under -120)
Indiana: 5.5 (Over +145, Under -185)
Kansas State: 8.5 (Over -130, Under -110)
Maryland: 7.5 (Over +100, Under -140)
Miami: 7.5 (Over -160, Under +120)
Michigan: 7.5 (Over -140, Under +100)
Michigan State: 9.5 (Over -155, Under +115)
Mississippi: 7.5 (Over -140, Under +100)
Missouri: 9.5 (Over +110, Under -150)
Nebraska: 7.5 (Over -130, Under -110)
North Carolina: 7.5 (Over -140, Under +100)
Notre Dame: 9.5 (Over +110, Under -150)
Ohio State: 10.5 (Over -140, Under +100)
Oregon: 10.5 (Over +100, Under -140)
Penn State: 8.5 (Over +100, Under -140)
Rutgers: 4.5 (Over -110, Under -130)
South Carolina: 9.5 (Over -140, Under +100)
Stanford: 9.5 (Over -120, Under -120)
Tennessee: 5.5 (Over -160, Under +120)
Texas: 8.5 (Over -110, Under -130)
Texas A&M: 7.5 (Over -110, Under -130)
TCU: 6.5 (Over +120, Under -160)
UCLA: 9.5 (Over +100, Under -150)
USC: 8.5 (Over -130, Under -110)
Virginia Tech: 7.5 (Over -150, Under +110)
Washington State: 5.5 (Over -165, Under +125)
West Virginia: 5.5 (Over -190, Under +150)
Wisconsin: 9.5 (Over -135, Under -105)

I would be legitimately surprised if Oregon wins 11 games

In agreement. Starting to think they become more of a 9 win team under Helfrich. IMO, similar to the Bellotti years with a big season sprinkled in here and there. They lost a lot when they lost Chip and this year they may really feel it. I have a hard time locking it a full unit this early with so many unknowns but my rough guess would be a 10 win season. I feel strongly they lose to UCLA. So that would mean they have to beat both Stanford, Michigan St and not have a wtf loss....I predict a wtf'er at Wazzu before the Zona revenge game. Well I at least love the spot for Wazzu

That Stanford line at -120 would have been a great under as well IMO. Most of Harbaughs guys are gone now and Stanford is so damn stubborn about sticking with their gameplan...see USC loss last year. I love Shaw but this is his toughest schedule yet and they lost some solid leadership. They have 5 loseable road games. Granted they won't lose them all but I would predict 2-3 and ill still call USC a toss up bc of their athleticism and Stanford's inability to pass to open up the run.

Wanna take Wazzu O5.5 bc I think they're a bowl team especially as Leach gets more of his guys in during his 3rd campaign. It is going to require a hot start to get there though. I believe they start out at 5-1 and have a ceiling of 8-4. I think their basement is 4-8 but gun to my head I pick 7-5. I wish I could get a future of 6 with some much better juice. Ill hold out there.

As you can tell I spent some time on the Pac12 north this weekend. Still don't have any plays though

8.5 might be a tall order for K-State....personally I think they will be very good but tough slate:

v Auburn
@OU
@Baylor

Okie St, Texas at home, @TCU

Looked at UCLA a little bit today and I think they're a 9-3 team. Not sold on the development of Hundley. Most of his yards/stats come from dump off and quick passes. He's good on his feet though. Lost some significant seniors from defense. Lots of young guys with experience on offense. I think they're a solid team and really like Mora Jr but its hard to find 10 wins. The juice is probably appropriate here and I don't really wanna pay it. However I do like taking these totals on teams with schedules that are backloaded as it makes it easier to hedge out if needed. Their last 3 games are at Washington, vs USC and vs Stanford which I think will give a reasonable hedge opportunity should be be 7-2 heading into those games.

bama under 10.5 sparks my interest. We will find out if Saben is worth the money with a new qb.

ND looks spot on..most likely the michigan game will decide that one.

Maryland U7.5 seems way too high. I think the under would've been pounded at 7, even 6.5....Going through their schedule, this is what I'm seeing:

James Madison-W
at South Florida-W
West Virginia-W (could be a toss-up, but we'll give it to them since they're home)
at Syracuse-W
at Indiana-W (again, we'll give it to them, but this is a toss-up)
Ohio State-L
Iowa-L
at Wisconsin-L
at Penn State-W (we'll give it to them, even though they're on the road, on a skid, and who knows where their minds are at this point)
Michigan State-L
at Michigan-L
Rutgers-W

This amounts to a very generous 7 wins, which still gets us the win. Are there any games that I slated as a loss that are debatable here? Why is the book making this number so tempting?

Florida wins at least 8 games...i like that a lot

SAY WHAT?!

We suck. Be lucky to be bowl eligible.

4 AUto Losses - Alabama/LSU/Georgia/Florida State
4 Auto Wins - Idaho/Eatern Michigan/Eastern Kentucky/Kentucky
4 Toss Ups - @Tennessse/Missouri/@Vanderbilt/South Carolina

Maryland U7.5 seems way too high. I think the under would've been pounded at 7, even 6.5....Going through their schedule, this is what I'm seeing:

James Madison-W
at South Florida-W
West Virginia-W (could be a toss-up, but we'll give it to them since they're home)
at Syracuse-W
Ohio State-L
Iowa-L
at Wisconsin-L
at Penn State-W (we'll give it to them, even though they're on the road, on a skid, and who knows where their minds are at this point)
Michigan State-L
at Michigan-L
Rutgers-W

This amounts to a very generous 7 wins, which still gets us the win. Are there any games that I slated as a loss that are debatable here? Why is the book making this number so tempting?

Interesting...

James Madison-W
at South Florida-W
at Syracuse-W
Ohio State-L
Iowa-L
at Wisconsin-L
Michigan State-L
at Michigan-L
Rutgers-W

Current
[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Maryland 2014 regular season wins - conference championships & bowl games do not apply</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sat 8/30[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]30545 Maryland total wins over 6½[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_56" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +105 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]12:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]30546 Maryland total wins under 6½[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_56" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -135 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

First thoughts on the SEC teams listed after a quick glance through Steele:

Alabama: I don't see more than 2 losses on the schedule, but I have a hard time putting my money behind a new QB to win 11 games, even with the supporting cast
Auburn: I think 9-10 is their max on wins given the schedule, number is right
Florida: Only see 7 games on the schedule I wouldn't be surprised if they won. Looks like a 7-5 season to me
UGA: See 9 wins on the schedule with 3 toss-ups, but hard to have faith in Richt and UGA to meet expectations
Ole Miss: Think they get 8 wins this year
Mizzou: Think this is a win too high at least. Last year was a product of schedule more than anything, and a beat up UGA team
SC: Another good number, but lean toward a 10 win season
Tenn: I think they get 6 or 7 wins
aTm: This team has 7-5 written all over it

Can't believe the season is nearly here. SEC Media Days next week is the kick-off to the season IMO. Best of luck to everyone

Likewise, with two young quarterbacks and a slew of super talented freshmen skill players, I’m eager to see how different LSU’s football offense will be this year. As Mike Detillier pointed out in our interview, there’s certainly no shortage of talent, but there is a shortage of experience at two very key positions - quarterback and wide receiver. The good news is that LSU has offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and wide receiver coach Adam Henry, two of the best in the business, to help mold the youngsters, plus an experienced running game that should be a force to be reckoned with from the get go. That running game will be anchored by one of the most talented and experienced offensive lines in the country, led by senior left tackle La'el Collins and junior left guard Vadal Alexander, both of whom were named yesterday to the 2014 Outland Trophy Watch List.
On the defensive side of the ball, I can’t wait to see LSU’s sophomore tandem of Tradavious White and Rashard Robinson at the corners. I’ve said before that I expect them to be the best pair of cornerbacks in the league, and I’m not alone in that opinion. Yesterday SaturdayDownSouth published their top five cornerback combos in the SEC and put the White and Robinson at the top of the list. They went as far as to say the following: “LSU was the SEC’s DBU during the BCS era, developing players like Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne, and White and Robinson may be two of the best during the Les Miles era.”
In recruiting news, three of LSU’s top targets turned heads at Nike’s The Opening yesterday. The three are Louisiana’s own Tyron Johnson (6'1", 185, Warren Easton, No. 1 on our list of Top LA Prospects) and Donte Jackson (ATH, 5'11", 175, Riverdale, No. 13 on our list), and LSU commit Kevin Toliver (CB, 6'2", 180) of Jacksonville, Florida. All three received MVP honors for their performance. According to reports, Johnson made the play of the day when he “climbed the ladder” and came down with an incredible reception.

LSU 2014 regular season wins - conference championships & bowl games do not apply
Sat 8/30 30529 LSU total wins over 8½ -240
9:00PM 30530 LSU total wins under 8½ +180

Alabama wins SEC championship +150 doesn't look that bad to me. When i saw Arkansas at 4.5 i was automatically thinking over, but not so much after looking at that schedule. Also would say Auburn under 9.5.

Likewise, with two young quarterbacks and a slew of super talented freshmen skill players, I’m eager to see how different LSU’s football offense will be this year. As Mike Detillier pointed out in our interview, there’s certainly no shortage of talent, but there is a shortage of experience at two very key positions - quarterback and wide receiver. The good news is that LSU has offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and wide receiver coach Adam Henry, two of the best in the business, to help mold the youngsters, plus an experienced running game that should be a force to be reckoned with from the get go. That running game will be anchored by one of the most talented and experienced offensive lines in the country, led by senior left tackle La'el Collins and junior left guard Vadal Alexander, both of whom were named yesterday to the 2014 Outland Trophy Watch List.
On the defensive side of the ball, I can’t wait to see LSU’s sophomore tandem of Tradavious White and Rashard Robinson at the corners. I’ve said before that I expect them to be the best pair of cornerbacks in the league, and I’m not alone in that opinion. Yesterday SaturdayDownSouth published their top five cornerback combos in the SEC and put the White and Robinson at the top of the list. They went as far as to say the following: “LSU was the SEC’s DBU during the BCS era, developing players like Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne, and White and Robinson may be two of the best during the Les Miles era.”
In recruiting news, three of LSU’s top targets turned heads at Nike’s The Opening yesterday. The three are Louisiana’s own Tyron Johnson (6'1", 185, Warren Easton, No. 1 on our list of Top LA Prospects) and Donte Jackson (ATH, 5'11", 175, Riverdale, No. 13 on our list), and LSU commit Kevin Toliver (CB, 6'2", 180) of Jacksonville, Florida. All three received MVP honors for their performance. According to reports, Johnson made the play of the day when he “climbed the ladder” and came down with an incredible reception.

Kevin? He must feel odd.

Wish I'd have gotten a jump on that MD play at 7.5. Still like it at U6.5 but can't play it after missing the boat...

UNC over 7.5 wins gets my attention and I'll throw a bit on it at the current -125

I think Maryland at Indiana will be an absolute shootout, but edge to Indiana winning the game.

Back