TCU -2, -110; 3 units Loss
Florida st -3, -120; 4 units WIN
Ark +12.5, -110; 2 units Loss
Virg +4, -110; 2 units LOSS
KU 2H pk, +100; 3 units LOSS
Texas tech -3, -110; 4 units WIN
Vandy +24, -110; 2 units LOSS

Quick comments on Ala and LSU (and I'll add some color throughout the week)---

LSU has played two decent offenses and both laid half a hundred on them.. Another one coming up only this team also plays defense. This is a mismatch IMO.

Leans, a few additional plays will come from this list but probably going to be a pretty selective card for me this Saturday.. Really like the Sunday card so will be stepping out a bit there.

Vir ( played)
Syr (off)
BGU (OFF)
KU (off-- weather)
Vandy
Fla St (played)
Arky (Played)

Last edited:
Love it..on it as well..watching the line and hoping it goes down..

Would take it sooner then later.

Bammer really looks like its going to make bob's card tomorrow, definitley his cup of tea.

:shake:

Like it and on it as well Tee, looking to possibly add a little more before tomorrow's possible line movement. GL:cheers:

Would take it sooner then later.

Bammer really looks like its going to make bob's card tomorrow, definitley his cup of tea.

Like it and on it as well Tee, looking to possibly add a little more before tomorrow's possible line movement. GL:cheers:

I agree 100%. 'an_horse':shake:

record pending

Couple bad mid week plays to start the week..happens.. The trend of late has been somewhat cool for the dub. May want to start fading..

Love this one about as much as any play this year--certainly in recent memory:

Alabama -2.5, -130; 8 units (very rare)

Quick comments on Ala and LSU (and I'll add some color throughout the week)---

LSU has played two decent offenses and both laid half a hundred on them.. Another one coming up only this team also plays defense. This is a mismatch IMO.

Leans, a few additional plays will come from this list but probably going to be a pretty selective card for me this Saturday.. Really like the Sunday card so will be stepping out a bit there.

Vir (likely play)
Syr
BGU
KU

FUCK YES. Been talking about this game for 2 weeks. I told Blue Chip this would open at -2.5 and if It did I was hammering it. This is actually my favorite play this year, so I am so fucking excited to see you on it. I was almost thinking you'd be on the other side and we would have to but heads. 'Bama is so UNDERrated, in my opinion, and they get the win in the day game in Death Valley. :shake:

Hunt, thats a whole lot of juice to pay for 2-2.5 points and I think its doubtful that the spread in this game even comes into play. I like Bammer as well, just worried that Bob hits up tomorrow

yeah ETG...I think im jsut gonna wait it out..I mean I have two units on it already, but like capt said..this screams a bob play...i'd nut if he hit LSU.

The coaching is a mismatch. Saban realized last year that he could not depend on JPW in the clutch, hence the reason you see Bama with 3 RBs succeeding this season. Saban realizes he needs to run to set up the pass (relieving the pressure from JPW's shoulders). Bama's defense is what makes this team good (along with the obvious coaching advantage Saban has over just about every college coach). Florida and Georgia did hang half a hundy each on LSU, but take out the pick sixes (2 vs UGA and 1 or 2 vs UF) and the outlier plays (tip play Harvin for TD and easy missed tackle on Moreno for 80yd TD run). Missing tackles and throwing INTs is part of the game, I know, but I just want to bring this to light. That being said, you can expect at least 1 INT from Lee this week... that is if he plays a meaningful amount of snaps. Jordan Jefferson, true freshman, is supposedly breathing down Lee's neck at practices and Crowton is developing a penchant for the young star from Destrahan High (Ed Reed's alma mater).

LSU owns one of the biggest homefield advantages in CFB, and crowds of any sort are taken out of the game when the opponent goes ahead quickly. Note UGA game: first play from scrimmage was a pick six from Lee. Immediately the crowd is removed and momentum killed. LSU stuffs Fla on 1st and 2nd downs on their opening drive, 3rd & 12 comes, Tebow chunks the ball up under pressure, Coleman tips the ball rather than knocking it down because he got a bad jump, and Harvin catches the tip ball and runs it in for a TD. These are all cases where LSU ruined momentum themselves.

What has Bama done this year? Jump on opponents early to ruin momentum and remove the crowd. Note UGA and Clemson games. Saban more than any other coach realizes this will be key in facing his old squad.

When it comes down to talent on paper, I think LSU actually has the edge, but Bama has the experience on the line, LB corps, and secondary. Both teams have speedster return men, Holiday and Arenas. Both teams have good OL and RB. Both teams have their share of WR talent. The problem arises with LSU not being able to find its identity on the DL. The problems continue to mount as the young secondary of LSU finds new ways of blowing coverage each week. And the problems mentioned above all pale in comparison to the fact that LSU's QB Jarrett Lee has given up 6 INTS FOR TD'S THIS SEASON ... assuming PAT's are a gimme, THAT'S 42 FUCKING POINTS LEE HAS GIVEN THE OTHER TEAM.

LSU is talented but young and when you play a mastermind like Saban, youth will be exposed ... I PROMISE. This added with my mention of these two teams 1st quarter tendencies will put me on Bama 1Q and full game.

something is going on on the Bama play guys.. My book just circled it. Either they are getting hammered with lopsided money or something happened.. Injury etc... Looking now but my book hardly ever circles a game like this.. Looking around now... I dropped 4 dimes on them and they usually don't blink at that.. Wonder if someone real big came in tonight prior to Bob..:popcorn:

you make a very good point, chip.

may add them 1Q too

stopped following the trend, but bammer was outscoring opponents 96-0 in the 1Q, after the kentucky game i think it was i stopped keeping track of it. but still it was unbelievable. steele opened my eyes to it a couple weeks into the season

LSU has been a 2H team all year as well, definitely looks like bama 1Q deserves a hard look

What!!??? No Iowa? 7 and the hook not enough for ya?
Ya I know-- see a lot of the Iowa regulars on on it (BAR, Hunt, Vegas Kyle etc.)

As I mentioned in Hunt's thread, I hope they win SU real bad as I got 10 units on a pretty iffy season win bet , pending..

Just worry about PSU's speed.. They will get to the edge quicker than any team Iowa has played thus far..

Be assured if Iowa covers or better yet wins, you will see one of these:hammer:in my thread.. JUst can't make it a play tw..:cheers:

The coaching is a mismatch. Saban realized last year that he could not depend on JPW in the clutch, hence the reason you see Bama with 3 RBs succeeding this season. Saban realizes he needs to run to set up the pass (relieving the pressure from JPW's shoulders). Bama's defense is what makes this team good (along with the obvious coaching advantage Saban has over just about every college coach). Florida and Georgia did hang half a hundy each on LSU, but take out the pick sixes (2 vs UGA and 1 or 2 vs UF) and the outlier plays (tip play Harvin for TD and easy missed tackle on Moreno for 80yd TD run). Missing tackles and throwing INTs is part of the game, I know, but I just want to bring this to light. That being said, you can expect at least 1 INT from Lee this week... that is if he plays a meaningful amount of snaps. Jordan Jefferson, true freshman, is supposedly breathing down Lee's neck at practices and Crowton is developing a penchant for the young star from Destrahan High (Ed Reed's alma mater).

LSU owns one of the biggest homefield advantages in CFB, and crowds of any sort are taken out of the game when the opponent goes ahead quickly. Note UGA game: first play from scrimmage was a pick six from Lee. Immediately the crowd is removed and momentum killed. LSU stuffs Fla on 1st and 2nd downs on their opening drive, 3rd & 12 comes, Tebow chunks the ball up under pressure, Coleman tips the ball rather than knocking it down because he got a bad jump, and Harvin catches the tip ball and runs it in for a TD. These are all cases where LSU ruined momentum themselves.

What has Bama done this year? Jump on opponents early to ruin momentum and remove the crowd. Note UGA and Clemson games. Saban more than any other coach realizes this will be key in facing his old squad.

When it comes down to talent on paper, I think LSU actually has the edge, but Bama has the experience on the line, LB corps, and secondary. Both teams have speedster return men, Holiday and Arenas. Both teams have good OL and RB. Both teams have their share of WR talent. The problem arises with LSU not being able to find its identity on the DL. The problems continue to mount as the young secondary of LSU finds new ways of blowing coverage each week. And the problems mentioned above all pale in comparison to the fact that LSU's QB Jarrett Lee has given up 6 INTS FOR TD'S THIS SEASON ... assuming PAT's are a gimme, THAT'S 42 FUCKING POINTS LEE HAS GIVEN THE OTHER TEAM.

LSU is talented but young and when you play a mastermind like Saban, youth will be exposed ... I PROMISE. This added with my mention of these two teams 1st quarter tendencies will put me on Bama 1Q and full game.

This was a suberb fucking writeup:shake:... saved me some time bro.... Can you write my Virginia game up also? :36_11_6:

Agree with everything but "on paper"--- bama is better..especially in the trenches IMO..

FUCK YES. Been talking about this game for 2 weeks. I told Blue Chip this would open at -2.5 and if It did I was hammering it. This is actually my favorite play this year, so I am so fucking excited to see you on it. I was almost thinking you'd be on the other side and we would have to but heads. 'Bama is so UNDERrated, in my opinion, and they get the win in the day game in Death Valley. :shake:

:cheers:

This was a suberb fucking writeup:shake:... saved me some time bro.... Can you write my Virginia game up also? :36_11_6:

Agree with everything but "on paper"--- bama is better..especially in the trenches IMO..

Least I could do to help you out after what you've taught me this season. Don't know UVA well enough, so you're on your own there.

I will post a positional breakdown tomorrow, but I really believe on paper there is not the mismatch we will see on the field. vegaskyle sniffed out this Bama squad months before the season started, noting their experienced OL and DL, good RB, and veteran QB (not necessarily good). LSU has an experienced OL and great RBs, but where's the vet QB or experienced defense?

Miles can get his team geeked up for big games (note bowl games since he arrived at LSU: 40-3 spanking of Miami, no lubed ass banging of Notre Dame, and the bitch slap they delivered Ohio St last yr in the big one), but I always bow to Saban. I miss him at LSU and I miss my time as a student when he was a coach. His wife was nice, he was idolized, and I envy my buddies at Bama every Saturday when our teams take the field. We know Saban follows the money, so maybe Washington or Clemson will steal Miles and LSU can fork over more than $8M a year for Saban to return :) sorry it's getting late and I'm dreaming as I type

something is going on on the Bama play guys.. My book just circled it. Either they are getting hammered with lopsided money or something happened.. Injury etc... Looking now but my book hardly ever circles a game like this.. Looking around now... I dropped 4 dimes on them and they usually don't blink at that.. Wonder if someone real big came in tonight prior to Bob..:popcorn:

trying to get another 2 units in and getting stonewalled: fuckers

A maximum wager amount of 500.00 USD is permitted because the game is circled.
Please press the continue button, then reduce the risk amount so it is equal to or below the specified amount.

If the amount entered is already less than the specified limit, check your pending plays for existing wagers with your current selection(s). Make sure the accumulated amount does not exceed the wager limit.

I doubt its lopsided action cause nothing really indicates it looking around. I would guess a change of the status of either RB listed on the injury report . Coffee for Bama and Scott for LSU...

well, you nudged me enough to play it. the type of play is usually not my cup of tea, but i agree that bama is still very underrated and the coaching mismatch is laughable. lsu's defense has played very average. has all the makings to be a blowout. gl to us; hope we can cash

Oh lord. I am probably going against you Teedub. LSU is my favorite lean so far this week. I really believe LSU is the better team.I am not a homer because I actually hate LSU but watched every game just so when they lose I can fuck with my buddies.

LSU struggles against great offenses and capitalizes on average offenses. Bama has just an average offense. I know some will want to lynch me on that comment. I really feel that Bama will get the shit kicked out of them.I may be wrong but it will be most likely a play for me. LSU or bust for me.

GL teedub.

Oh lord. I am probably going against you Teedub. LSU is my favorite lean so far this week. I really believe LSU is the better team.I am not a homer because I actually hate LSU but watched every game just so when they lose I can fuck with my buddies.

LSU struggles against great offenses and capitalizes on average offenses. Bama has just an average offense. I know some will want to lynch me on that comment. I really feel that Bama will get the shit kicked out of them.I may be wrong but it will be most likely a play for me. LSU or bust for me.

GL teedub.

Not trying to flame at all bro, but curious at to why you feel that way. IMO Bama plays down to their level of competition with weaker teams, but if you notice any big game they have or any game where the talent level is about even at least, Bama rolls people.

I think this game is about Jarret Lee vs. Bama defense. Kid is going to make mistakes, it's not his time yet.

. I really believe LSU is the better team.I am not a homer because I actually hate LSU but watched every game just so when they lose I can fuck with my buddies.

Nawlins - So you think Bama is at best, the 4th best team in the SEC? (UF-UGA-LSU?)

I doubt its lopsided action cause nothing really indicates it looking around. I would guess a change of the status of either RB listed on the injury report . Coffee for Bama and Scott for LSU...

The huge nose tackle, Mt. Cody has been cleared for return. There is still a little talk as to if he will play. The 2nd string NT has played well, and it may be better served to reserve his play. Only allowing him onto the field if it is needed, save him for the future.

Saban's defensive blitz packages rival those of NFL. This is the major selling point for me on Bama. Young quarterback, good not great defense, but throw in the angles Bama attacks from. This has the spelling for alot of errors from the LSU quarterback position.

I'm on Bama for three units ($300) which is a decent bet for me. I see this line being closer to 5 by the end of the day. Like the Kansas play as well T and 14 does seem to be alot for Rutgers to be giving anyone!

I have been a bammer my whole life, but I rarely bet on Bama because I know that they typically suck ATS, and my heart and money need to be as far away from each other as possible. That being said, I've only bet on 3 Bama games EVER, @ LSU in '06 getting 18, @ Vandy in '07 only laying 3, and @ Tennessee this year only laying 4'. I bet these games because Bama has a tendancy to be GROSSLY underrated at least once a year, and sometimes twice, which leads to amazing value. This is the second time this year...

Count this as my 4th bet on Bama...

GL fellas

I really believe LSU is the better team.

I couldn't disagree more and I am an LSU alum and fan.

What constitutes a team in your mind?

Coaching (play calling), QB, defense ... these are all big components of a team in my mind, and the factors I just listed are not even debatable as to who has the advantage.

LSU COULD be almost as good as Bama, but Crowton would rather have Lee throw the ball rather than run with his stable of 4 RBs (not including Holiday). As I said above, Saban is smart enough to realize that JPW cannot carry the offense so he uses Coffee, Ingram, and Upchurch to set up the pass.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle bgColor=#a80532><TD align=left colSpan=3>2008 Regular Season Game Log</TD><TD colSpan=8>Passing</TD><TD colSpan=6>Rushing</TD></TR></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT </TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/30</TD><TD align=left>@Clemson</TD><TD align=left>W 34-10</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>180</TD><TD>73.3</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>145.73</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>4.8</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/6</TD><TD align=left>Tulane</TD><TD align=left>W 20-6</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>47.8</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>74.49</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>-18</TD><TD>-3.6</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/13</TD><TD align=left>Western Kentucky</TD><TD align=left>W 41-7</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>63.0</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>146.89</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/20</TD><TD align=left>@Arkansas</TD><TD align=left>W 49-14</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>42.9</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>110.83</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-10</TD><TD>-5.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/27</TD><TD align=left>@Georgia</TD><TD align=left>W 41-30</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>205</TD><TD>81.3</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>209.50</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>2.6</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/4</TD><TD align=left>Kentucky</TD><TD align=left>W 17-14</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>106</TD><TD>41.2</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>81.79</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>-20</TD><TD>-3.3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>10/18</TD><TD align=left>Mississippi</TD><TD align=left>W 24-20</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>219</TD><TD>64.0</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>155.98</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-16</TD><TD>-8.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/25</TD><TD align=left>@Tennessee</TD><TD align=left>W 29-9</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>188</TD><TD>70.8</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>136.63</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>11/1</TD><TD align=left>Arkansas State</TD><TD align=left>W 35-0</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>152</TD><TD>53.6</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>92.03</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0.9</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle bgColor=#2b0d57><TD align=left colSpan=3>2008 Regular Season Game Log</TD><TD colSpan=8>Passing</TD><TD colSpan=6>Rushing</TD></TR></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT </TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Appalachian State</TD><TD align=left>W 41-13</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>116</TD><TD>60.0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>203.44</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/6</TD><TD align=left>Troy</TD><TD align=left>Postponed </TD><TD align=middle colSpan=13>Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/13</TD><TD align=left>North Texas</TD><TD align=left>W 41-3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>84</TD><TD>55.6</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>94.76</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/20</TD><TD align=left>@Auburn</TD><TD align=left>W 26-21</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>182</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>140.40</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/27</TD><TD align=left>Mississippi State</TD><TD align=left>W 34-24</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>261</TD><TD>66.7</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>164.91</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-20</TD><TD>-20.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/11</TD><TD align=left>@Florida</TD><TD align=left>L 51-21</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>209</TD><TD>60.5</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>113.57</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-15</TD><TD>-7.5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>10/18</TD><TD align=left>@South Carolina</TD><TD align=left>W 24-17</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>189</TD><TD>61.5</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>114.91</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-8</TD><TD>-8.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/25</TD><TD align=left>Georgia</TD><TD align=left>L 52-38</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>287</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>150.03</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-4</TD><TD>-4.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>11/1</TD><TD align=left>Tulane</TD><TD align=left>W 35-10</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>99</TD><TD>40.0</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>88.08</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-33</TD><TD>-16.5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Notice how JPW attempted just 14 passes against Arkansas, a game in which Bama dominated. 16 vs UGA and 17 vs UK... all important conference games, UGA was dominated by Bama and UK was a dog fight, but Bama did not abandon their run. That is not JPW's choice, that is the work of Satan... errr, Saban! :)

Look, I hate to admit it more than anyone, but Bama has our ex-coach and he is better than our current coach. I admire Miles for the manner in which he conducted himself when rumors were flying about the Michigan job. I admire him for concentrating on his team and winning the SEC and the national title when all the drama was transpiring. But, there is a reason Saban received a 4yr $32mill contract, which will likely be renewed ASAP so the Tuscaloosa crazies can take comfort in knowing they have him locked up for years to come. Bama is already seeing dividends from signing Saban and his tenure is still young. Saban is the best college coach. I give Pete Carroll credit for the talent he recruits every year, but when it comes to the combo of recruiting + play calling + prepping men for the Sunday league ... NO ONE DOES IT BETTER THAN SABAN

Sorry to hijack your thread, tee, but I figure since Bama is a top play +2 you wouldn't mind some extra commentary.

Coaching (play calling), QB, defense ... these are all big components of a team in my mind, and the factors I just listed are not even debatable as to who has the advantage.

LSU COULD be almost as good as Bama, but Crowton would rather have Lee throw the ball rather than run with his stable of 4 RBs (not including Holiday). As I said above, Saban is smart enough to realize that JPW cannot carry the offense so he uses Coffee, Ingram, and Upchurch to set up the pass.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle bgColor=#a80532><TD align=left colSpan=3>2008 Regular Season Game Log</TD><TD colSpan=8>Passing</TD><TD colSpan=6>Rushing</TD></TR></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT </TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/30</TD><TD align=left>@Clemson</TD><TD align=left>W 34-10</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>180</TD><TD>73.3</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>145.73</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>4.8</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/6</TD><TD align=left>Tulane</TD><TD align=left>W 20-6</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>47.8</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>74.49</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>-18</TD><TD>-3.6</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/13</TD><TD align=left>Western Kentucky</TD><TD align=left>W 41-7</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>63.0</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>146.89</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/20</TD><TD align=left>@Arkansas</TD><TD align=left>W 49-14</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>42.9</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>110.83</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-10</TD><TD>-5.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/27</TD><TD align=left>@Georgia</TD><TD align=left>W 41-30</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>205</TD><TD>81.3</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>209.50</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>2.6</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/4</TD><TD align=left>Kentucky</TD><TD align=left>W 17-14</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>106</TD><TD>41.2</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>81.79</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>-20</TD><TD>-3.3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>10/18</TD><TD align=left>Mississippi</TD><TD align=left>W 24-20</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>219</TD><TD>64.0</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>155.98</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-16</TD><TD>-8.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/25</TD><TD align=left>@Tennessee</TD><TD align=left>W 29-9</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>188</TD><TD>70.8</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>136.63</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>11/1</TD><TD align=left>Arkansas State</TD><TD align=left>W 35-0</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>152</TD><TD>53.6</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>92.03</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0.9</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle bgColor=#2b0d57><TD align=left colSpan=3>2008 Regular Season Game Log</TD><TD colSpan=8>Passing</TD><TD colSpan=6>Rushing</TD></TR></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT </TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/30</TD><TD align=left>Appalachian State</TD><TD align=left>W 41-13</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>116</TD><TD>60.0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>203.44</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/6</TD><TD align=left>Troy</TD><TD align=left>Postponed </TD><TD align=middle colSpan=13>Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/13</TD><TD align=left>North Texas</TD><TD align=left>W 41-3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>84</TD><TD>55.6</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>94.76</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>9/20</TD><TD align=left>@Auburn</TD><TD align=left>W 26-21</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>182</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>140.40</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9/27</TD><TD align=left>Mississippi State</TD><TD align=left>W 34-24</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>261</TD><TD>66.7</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>164.91</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-20</TD><TD>-20.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/11</TD><TD align=left>@Florida</TD><TD align=left>L 51-21</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>209</TD><TD>60.5</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>113.57</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-15</TD><TD>-7.5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>10/18</TD><TD align=left>@South Carolina</TD><TD align=left>W 24-17</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>189</TD><TD>61.5</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>114.91</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-8</TD><TD>-8.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10/25</TD><TD align=left>Georgia</TD><TD align=left>L 52-38</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>287</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>150.03</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-4</TD><TD>-4.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>11/1</TD><TD align=left>Tulane</TD><TD align=left>W 35-10</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>99</TD><TD>40.0</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>88.08</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-33</TD><TD>-16.5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Notice how JPW attempted just 14 passes against Arkansas, a game in which Bama dominated. 16 vs UGA and 17 vs UK... all important conference games, UGA was dominated by Bama and UK was a dog fight, but Bama did not abandon their run. That is not JPW's choice, that is the work of Satan... errr, Saban! :)

Look, I hate to admit it more than anyone, but Bama has our ex-coach and he is better than our current coach. I admire Miles for the manner in which he conducted himself when rumors were flying about the Michigan job. I admire him for concentrating on his team and winning the SEC and the national title when all the drama was transpiring. But, there is a reason Saban received a 4yr $32mill contract, which will likely be renewed ASAP so the Tuscaloosa crazies can take comfort in knowing they have him locked up for years to come. Bama is already seeing dividends from signing Saban and his tenure is still young. Saban is the best college coach. I give Pete Carroll credit for the talent he recruits every year, but when it comes to the combo of recruiting + play calling + prepping men for the Sunday league ... NO ONE DOES IT BETTER THAN SABAN

Sorry to hijack your thread, tee, but I figure since Bama is a top play +2 you wouldn't mind some extra commentary.

:18_1_204:

Saban's defensive blitz packages rival those of NFL. This is the major selling point for me on Bama. Young quarterback, good not great defense, but throw in the angles Bama attacks from. This has the spelling for alot of errors from the LSU quarterback position.

This does a pretty good job of summarizing my thoughts on this game.. Good post Book.. I do not like the LSU defense at all.. They are undiciplined and do not play well together IMO.. SOmetimes that is what happens when you through a bunch of great athletes on the field together. They all want to make the tackle for the loss instead of play a role in getting the tackle for the loss.. This is mostly coaching..

Also, referring to a post a ways up.. Alabama's offense is much better than average.

Pretty good thread with lots of great contributions already..

No problem bro, appreciate the input.. It does sound like you got a little man-crush thing going for Saban.. Starting to worry me.:really_happy:

add:

played every night this week.. Why stop now:tiphat:

TCU -2, -110; 3 units

briefly (if you want detail go to Jpicks thread---good stuff over there)

Situation with travel etc is bad, I admit. Blackout night, huge home field adv. favor the Utes for sure. But my goodness, the better team is TCU..

Offensively, what is Utah going to do? TCU is capable of completely shutting down the running game.. So lets assume the Utes will at least struggle running the ball. What now? Important to note that TCU does not load the box to stop the run. They do it with their base defense.:4_12_13:

If it weren't for some of the situational aspects, this would probably be 4 units.. Drop it to three and take my chances with the better team

Not trying to flame at all bro, but curious at to why you feel that way. IMO Bama plays down to their level of competition with weaker teams, but if you notice any big game they have or any game where the talent level is about even at least, Bama rolls people.

I think this game is about Jarret Lee vs. Bama defense. Kid is going to make mistakes, it's not his time yet.

I have just watched this team let average offenses hang around then come 2nd half just dominate them.I consider Bama to have an average offense.Bama may play down to their level of competition but if they do it Saturday they are going to lose.Jarret Lee is still fighting off the cobb webs. He is a young guy and the inexperience shows. But every week he is getting better. I am sure some disagree about him getting better but he is.He still will make mistakes.What I like about the kid is that he makes a critical mistake and comes right back in the game and trys to throw it down the field again.

Huntdog :shake:

Nawlins - So you think Bama is at best, the 4th best team in the SEC? (UF-UGA-LSU?)

To me the SEC is full of great teams.When these teams roll in to play each other you can almost throw records away for the game. Bama is the best team in the SEC by record but I don't think talent wise they are. Look Florida whipped LSU a few weeks ago.If they met in the SEC Championship LSU might whip their ass. The SEC is wild like that. Same goes for the Big 12.

A team in my mind is offense,defense and special teams. Each make up 33.3% of the team.I just feel that LSU's defense will matchup well against BAMA. I don't think Bama will establish the run in this game against LSU to set up the pass. Yes Saban is a better coach than Elmer Fudd. Yes he is a master on defense but its all about execution.LSU OL can give Lee time.Lee just has to make the right choices. I think Lee will do well this week because Scott will keep the pressure off the QB.I know Miles and co try to be a little cute but think there gamplan will be to run the ball more. Hell Chip I may be wrong but just believe LSU wins this game. :shake:

Sorry Teedub for hijacking the thread.

its all about execution.LSU OL can give Lee time.Lee just has to make the right choices. I think Lee will do well this week because Scott will keep the pressure off the QB.

Scott, Williams, Murphy, and Ridley could have kept the pressure off of Lee the entire season, but it is Crowton calling so many passing plays. Lee making the right choices is a big thing to ask, after all he has thrown for 6 TDs for the opposing team.

Scott, Williams, Murphy, and Ridley could have kept the pressure off of Lee the entire season, but it is Crowton calling so many passing plays. Lee making the right choices is a big thing to ask, after all he has thrown for 6 TDs for the opposing team.

Chip I agree 100%. Crowton reminds me of Sean Payton. Wants to score as quickly as possible. He can't do that in SEC football. I believe he was slapped last week and will run more. Thats why I like LSU this week. I think they matchup well against Bama and if the run is established Bama doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell at Death Valley.If not then LSU will struggle offensively putting their defense in bad situations to implode.:shake:

Chip I agree 100%. Crowton reminds me of Sean Payton. Wants to score as quickly as possible. He can't do that in SEC football. I believe he was slapped last week and will run more. Thats why I like LSU this week. I think they matchup well against Bama and if the run is established Bama doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell at Death Valley.If not then LSU will struggle offensively putting their defense in bad situations to implode.:shake:

I don't believe LSU's record in death valley against the then ranked no. 1 team in the nation is all that hot. Recently, they are like 1-3. So, you say they have a chance.

We got the moose on that TCU game courtesy of a lackluster kicker. I just missed a nice liitle TCU/Under parlay.

Back